Forum » FFXI » General » 5 boxing and beyond
5 boxing and beyond
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-11-26 19:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of you who play more than 5 characters (Comeatmebro is the first to come to mind, but I'm sure there are more of you out there), how do you get around POL's 4 character login limit?

Separate widower 4 installs on separate drives still bring up my four characters. I know I could log in the extra as a guest every time but that would really be a pain. Anyone have some tips?
By Elazar1 2013-11-26 19:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I run all 5 of my accounts on there own laptops. So not sure if you want to be as crazy as me in that way lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Skorne
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Skorne 2013-11-26 19:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
I know I run all 5 of my accounts on there own laptops. So not sure if you want to be as crazy as me in that way lol
You use 5 computers to play FF11?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-11-26 19:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »

I appreciate the advice, but no, I have one desktop and one laptop, and I'd rather put all 5 instances on my desktop.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-11-26 19:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
For those of you who play more than 5 characters (Comeatmebro is the first to come to mind, but I'm sure there are more of you out there), how do you get around POL's 4 character login limit?

Separate widower 4 installs on separate drives still bring up my four characters. I know I could log in the extra as a guest every time but that would really be a pain. Anyone have some tips?
logging in a guest is what I do if hexaboxing, having the text file of the info open constantly and copy pasting only takes a few seconds longer.

Remember to turn off their auto logout the second you get in though, it defaults to 20 minutes as a guest.

Yeah, that's what I do currently, but surely Comeatmebro doesn't do 5 guest logins every time he logs in!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-26 19:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

sent you a PM
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-11-26 19:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect if i installed two instances of XI on my computer on separate drives, that might do the trick.

The thing is, I don't know how I would point each windower install toward separate copies of XI

Edit: nevermind, comeatmebro solved it
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-11-26 19:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
sent you a PM

Goddamn you are awesome
By Elazar1 2013-11-26 19:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I use 5 laptops makes things alot easier no delays no lag of hitting shift etc or shitty resolution lol.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-11-26 19:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my answer, mods can lock if they wish.

Thanks again so much comeatmebro.
 Leviathan.Walshy
user: Walsh
By Leviathan.Walshy 2013-11-27 04:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind sharing the solution? PM or otherwise? Entering the info isn't that bad, but with lua send still being fickle, forgetting to disable 20 minute log out can result in a full re-log.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-11-27 08:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it in as simple as having two distinct pols clients loaded say na and EU? Otherwise please share if possible thanks....
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-11-27 08:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Is it in as simple as having two distinct pols clients loaded say na and EU? Otherwise please share if possible thanks....

thats what i do
 Cerberus.Rizla
Server: Cerberus
user: Mystil
By Cerberus.Rizla 2013-11-27 08:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

wondering if i could get a PM about this too please would be very happy to not have to guest log in 3accounts everyday
 Cerberus.Toralin
user: toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2013-11-27 08:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\usr\all\login_w.bin

is the file that holds this information, just make copies and swap in the one you want(using a batch file) right before you launch Windower.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-11-27 08:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For the people that do this on several computers, it would be cool to see a pic of your setup. Also, do you a mountain dew supply at each station or do you just use really long straws.

Oooo, hoverround with a cupholder!

But no really, pics could be cool.
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-11-27 08:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been quad boxing for the better part of about 3 years. ONCE in awhile I have to guest log in a friend or whatnot. I find Naga style mice and G-keyboards to be probably the most crucial aspect of most of it for me.

But if there is some ancient tips/tricks floating around my inbox is always open lol.
 Cerberus.Toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2013-11-27 08:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

6 24" monitors. 1 machine.
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-11-27 08:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Toralin said: »
6 24" monitors, 17 POL open. 1 machine.
At first glance 99% of people are going to think your insane or full of ***. But the fact that I run 3 24" with generally 4 POL tells me you must be a very wealthy and smart individual lol.

I make some serious bank and achieve some pretty noteworthy things in a VERY short period of time with little effort with what I have. I can't imagine that many lol.
 Cerberus.Rizla
user: Mystil
By Cerberus.Rizla 2013-11-27 08:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks
 Cerberus.Toralin
By Cerberus.Toralin 2013-11-27 09:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

pic removed before shitstorm
19 now :)
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-11-27 09:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That more or less confirms the wealthy and smart part lol. I'd totally do that but the thought of paying $150.00+ per month let alone all the GP farming and Zaldon turn in's nauseates me into oblivion lol. Doing it on 4 was annoying enough.

It's about to get extremely toasty in here. Eject and bail!
 Leviathan.Alvar
user: Alvar1
By Leviathan.Alvar 2013-11-27 09:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile in my toaster... I can barely log in 1/2 a character :p I give it to the guys that multi box its not easy :3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1644 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-05-29 21:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for necro-bumping, but was a solution shared for allowing this to happen?
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-05-29 22:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Toralin said: »
\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\usr\all\login_w.bin

is the file that holds this information, just make copies and swap in the one you want(using a batch file) right before you launch Windower.

Is probably the most straight forward solution.

Login 4 characters, copy that login_w.bin file somewhere else. Open a new POL, delete all the current accounts and add ones that you haven't yet gotten to. Repeat until you have as many login_w.bin files copied as necessary to cover all your accounts. Replace the working \usr\all\login_w.bin with one of the pre-made ones you've copied, open POL and it will have relevant login data saved, logon all 4 characters to FFXI, move onto the next login_w.bin file until you've got everyone logged in.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-29 22:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The easier way is to have NA EU and JP clients installed but connected to NA via regedit.

But, you'll want step by step instructions for that process.

It's more work upfront , but less than replacing the bin every single time you crash.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-05-29 23:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
move /y "C:\Users\Junk....\my_first_characters.bin" "C:\Program Files (x86)\..POL Junk..\usr\all\login_w.bin"

As a batch file would replace the bin file automatically, though Windows 10 permissions might get mad about moving something in PFiles; I was able to bypass by running as admin. Could make a batch file for each potential bin file...or write a single more elegant script that just asks for input on which one you want to move.

Could even add:
Code
TIMEOUT 2
START C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Windower4\Windower.exe

To the end to have it launch your first POL instance for you (TIMEOUT 2 adds 2 second delay to make sure it has time to move the file but may be unnecessary).

Not really trying to argue either way for/against bin-ing or using foreign clients, as these steps weren't included in my initial recommendation, but I feel this would make them about the same since once the initial setup work is out of the way both options only require you to click something.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-05-30 07:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The easier way is to have NA EU and JP clients installed but connected to NA via regedit.

But, you'll want step by step instructions for that process.

It's more work upfront , but less than replacing the bin every single time you crash.

Do you have any steps for how that works?

I'll take a stab at the .bin one. Thanks!