/findall Question: Can You Remove A Character?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » /findall question: Can you remove a character?
/findall question: Can you remove a character?
 Shiva.Zhaine
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Zhaine 2013-11-14 11:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So findall is an amazing add-on. I use it constantly. Recently a buddy logged his account in on my PC and now I see his junk too in findall. Is there a way to disable a particular account or character without removing the account from POL? I know I can search individual characters. But if I want to do //findall seal or something, i dont want to have to go through each of my mules individually. Thanks for any help.
 Phoenix.Zohno
Server: Phoenix
user: Zono
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-11-19 08:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

short answer: no, atm at least o.o

if your friend is going to login again this won't solve your issue, but you can remove the file and login again on each mule to recreate it or, slightly "harder" (if you mess it, it will be gone), delete your friend's block from findall data (data/storages.json):
Code
,"Charactername":{alotofnumbers}}

so a comma, followed by the double quoted character name, colon, an opening bracket, a lot of numbers, 2 closing brackets.

and ty for the amazing xD too kind
 Shiva.Zhaine
By Shiva.Zhaine 2013-11-19 19:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I log his characters in daily if he is out of town just to get his login campaign points. So i do not want to erase his info from POL. But youre saying i can delete their block from the data and it wont come back till i log them in again? That would be acceptable. I can do this in the findall folder or do it in game? I re read your sentence several times, and i think i might be misunderstanding. And if you are the creator of this program, you sir, are saving me ,and im sure many others, probably an average of 10-20 minutes a day of random "WTF did I do with that item" time. Bravo to you.
 Phoenix.Skorne
By Phoenix.Skorne 2013-11-19 20:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

am I the only one that has no idea what findall is and what its used for?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-11-20 04:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

An addon that works like the plugin Find (it searches your various inventories for certain items), only findAll also extends to other characters. Makes it easy to search your mules for a certain item, for example.

By the way, I just added another option to findAll. You can now type !char to exclude certain characters from searches:
//findall !arcon !arcana sash

This would find items containing the word "sash" on all characters except for Arcon and Arcana.
[+]
 Phoenix.Zohno
user: Zono
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-11-20 05:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zhaine said: »
I log his characters in daily if he is out of town just to get his login campaign points. So i do not want to erase his info from POL. But youre saying i can delete their block from the data and it wont come back till i log them in again? That would be acceptable. I can do this in the findall folder or do it in game?

You gotta edit the file addons/findall/data/storages.json and remove that block.
But now it's easier using Arcon's feature :p

Shiva.Zhaine said: »
Bravo to you.
Thanks, but I just expanded something that already existed :p
Some of the compliments go to the find plugin creator.
 Shiva.Siral
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-11-20 07:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

After you delete it the first time I would recommend that when you login to your friends account and are still at the login screen(before selecting character) type:

lua u findall

that way you can log in his char/all his mules and it won't record anything in that window because the addon will be unloaded. Will make it a lot easier than going into the database file after the fact and deleting it.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-11-20 08:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siral said: »
After you delete it the first time I would recommend that when you login to your friends account and are still at the login screen(before selecting character) type:

lua u findall

that way you can log in his char/all his mules and it won't record anything in that window because the addon will be unloaded. Will make it a lot easier than going into the database file after the fact and deleting it.

This is also possible (and easier) with plugin_manager. It's an additional addon that can load/unload addons and plugins based on your character. There you can set up to only load findAll on certain characters. That way you don't have to type it out every time.
 Shiva.Zhaine
By Shiva.Zhaine 2013-11-20 10:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect!Thank you much.