Avast Hit On Clock.dll From Windower 4?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Avast hit on Clock.dll from windower 4?
Avast hit on Clock.dll from windower 4?
By nagokasylph 2013-11-13 07:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

I updated Avast this morning and ran my usual maintenance programs after a restart and got a hit on Clock.dll in Windower4\plugins on Avast as having a potential Virus: Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]. I'm guessing its a false positive but wanted to check if anyone else has gotten this. I liked having a clock for the real world on my screen.

Thanks for any input,

Nago
By Mozhat 2013-11-13 07:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What I do is, leave the clock plugin off when you start up the game.
After your in game with your toon, insert>type: load clock.

My guess is, the Clock plugin is checking what time zone we are in and avast see's that as a threat.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2013-11-13 12:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't get hit on execution but on regular virus scan, from what I read. We've also had problems with Hook being recognized as a virus as of late, and we're not sure why, since we didn't really change anything important about either of them (nothing at all about Clock, it's the same file as it was over half a year ago, on March 27).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By nagokasylph 2013-11-13 23:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for the feedback. I was at work so I could not reply.

I have already re-downloaded clock.dll, scanned it and then added it to the exclusion list on Avast. I only recently (read: October) transitioned to Windower 4.0, but I remember around two years ago AVG did this with hook.dll on version ~3.2ish.

Thanks for the confirmation that its a false positive. Now, back to questing weapon skills on Warrior.