What Should I Do With These OpenGL Settings?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » What should I do with these OpenGL settings?
What should I do with these OpenGL settings?
 Siren.Rainewaters
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Rainewaters 2009-07-19 16:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For FFXI:
Asynchronous Flip
Off]
Triple Buffering
On
Flipping Policy
[Flip / Blit](either)
Depth Buffer Bit Depth
[ 24 Bit Depth Buffer]
Force S3TC Texture Compression
[Off ]
Force FXT1 Texture Compression
[Off ]
Driver Memory Footprint
[Normal]
Texture Color Depth
[32 Bit per Texel]
Anisotropic Filtering
[Application Control]

This must be done in this order:
Also, open ffxi config. set to highest, for texture compression turn it off, and rest set to hgihest. Then from start menu: run->regedit->hkey_local_machine->software->playonlineus->SE->ffxi.
Open file 3 and 4. The default is 400. set to 600, 650, 700, 750, or 800. Depends on your pc. Better the pc is, higher you can set it. To test these numbers, log into ffxi, if it crashes...set it lower. If it doesn't, don't. I have it set to 650 myself since 700 causes lag.
 Ramuh.Draykos
Server: Ramuh
user: Draykos
By Ramuh.Draykos 2009-07-20 17:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When you go to change the defaults of the registry keys for files 3 and 4, those are the settings for the background resolution. If you switch from hexadecimal to numeric, you can change it in terms of normal resolutions, rather than 400, 500, 600, etc. Those are hex numbers and don't necessarily equate to a real resolution so changing it numerically is probably easier. The reason it crashes is probably because it's not a true resolution. If you put 1680 in #3 numerically, for example, the hexadecimal equivalent is 690. I use 1050 for #4 to allow room for my taskbar in windows, and 1050 in hex = 41a. Keep this in mind if your registry edits are crashing your game on load.

Question about those OpenGL settings though. Where do you have those settings? Is that in the nVidia Control Panel or ATi equivalent?
 Odin.Daklipper
Server: Odin
user: daklipper
By Odin.Daklipper 2009-07-20 18:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so i can't do this while updating rats!!!!