Luopan Recieves Atma Effects In Abyssea?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Luopan recieves atma effects in Abyssea?
Luopan recieves atma effects in Abyssea?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-10 02:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's old news but I noticed recently that when I have mounted champion atma, my luopan's HP doesn't drop; like at all.
I have to test this more if other atma affect the luopan, such as HP+ ones or possibly evasion, since those would help too. Maybe ducal guard works on it too since technically it IS considered a pet. You can check it's HP with <pethpp> after all.
So yeah, fun little tidbit for any Geomancer out there who goes to abyssea.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-10 07:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to add you can even use Blaze of Glory and the luopan still regenerates enough to last much longer in Abyssea then anywhere else (provided the monster or NM doesn't spam powerful AoE's of course). You can counter the HP reduction even more with Lasting Emanation.
 Bahamut.Megrim
Server: Bahamut
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2013-09-10 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If its considered a pet have u tried using Dawn Mulsums on the loupan to regenerate its hp would be worth the 3k to see if it works. That is if its a "pet" lol.
By Lizk 2013-09-10 12:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

it's old news
Has been like that sicne the last update
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2013-09-10 13:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes this has been addressed in the GEO observations thread. However, you bring up a good point when using Blaze of Glory and Lasting Emanation. With atmas to absorb damage taken as well such as Ducal Guard or perhaps regen atmas like Mounted Champion, Vicissitude, or even Stronghold, you could have an indestructible structure to fight next to.
I'd like to know how many regen atmas I'd need to equip to keep the Luopan alive while it's under Ecliptic Attrition. While under Blaze of Glory as well, a player could maintain the Luopan as an indestructible stationary beacon of Defense -23% as Geo-Frailty, Attack +22% as Geo-Fury, Magic Attack Bonus +56 as Geo-Acumen, Evasion -72 as Geo-Torpor, and so forth.

Well, that's taking into account whether or not Blaze of Glory and Ecliptic Attrition have a set amount of time til the effects on the Luopan's potency wear off. Oh, and Dawn Mulsums don't work.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-10 17:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you need two regen atma's to counter both BoG and EA on the same Luopan. Mounted Champion eventually gave up when I used both JA's. I'm going back to Abyssea sometime this week and will try out a few more atma combinations and report back any interesting findings.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-11 18:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, if you want to counter a Luopan's HP detoriation effects from both Blaze of Glory and Ecliptic Attration, then you're going to need two regen atma. I tested this today just now.

Another thing I noticed (and this may be a glitch), is that if a Luopan stays alive for so long due to regen atma effects, it just depops on it's own. I think it's after 12 minutes or something close.

Next time I go I'll see if the HP+ atma's will increase a Luopan's HP so that the CP JA will do more then 1402 damage, which seems to be cap atm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2013-09-12 19:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, I'm sure the auto-depop isn't a glitch. I was hoping that the Luopan could remain indefinitely on the field without needing to recast. Good plan on the HP atmas and Concentric Pulse though.

So yeah, did one quick test, I managed to bump up Concentric Pulse's damage to 2345. The atmas I equiped were Impregnable Tower, Sanguine Scythe and Thousand Needles. The HP buff from cruor does not affect the amount of damage dealt. I've used Concentric Pulse while wearing MAB Atmas and they certainly did not affect damage dealt as well.