Best Zone For Alex Farm?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » best zone for alex farm?
best zone for alex farm?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-12 13:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I got plenty of those. I can do that. That's probably the only reason why I ain't been beating that chariot then. Thanks for pointing out my idiocy. :)

Is there anything else? I mean.. should I just keep stacking my Ilvl gear or would stuff like Thaumas be better for the chariot?

Do people use Oynos at all? Or is it just too weak to even consider trying to get that Haste?
Oynos is probably hurting your dps significantly compared to just offhanding aphotic/comraderie/eminent/atoyac. Oynos is giving you haste, but as an offhand tp phase damage source it loses alot of ground if you arent micro'ing swapping it out perfectly after ws'ing for something stronger.

I use hedgehog pie usually for food so im at about 1k atk in tp gear. Exenterator on gears floor comfortably does 5-6k damage for me. I know thf can do the zone also, I think you might want to also bring along vile/vile+1 elixirs 'just in case' along with your remedy meds if you get in trouble due to dreadstorm/lag/etc.

Also you should maximize your dual wield delay gear options and balance that with capping gear haste/multiattack (patentia sash, heartseeker+dudgeon earrings and raider boomerang).
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-12 14:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I got plenty of those. I can do that. That's probably the only reason why I ain't been beating that chariot then. Thanks for pointing out my idiocy. :)

Is there anything else? I mean.. should I just keep stacking my Ilvl gear or would stuff like Thaumas be better for the chariot?

Do people use Oynos at all? Or is it just too weak to even consider trying to get that Haste?
Oynos is probably hurting your dps significantly compared to just offhanding aphotic/comraderie/eminent/atoyac. Oynos is giving you haste, but as an offhand tp phase damage source it loses alot of ground if you arent micro'ing swapping it out perfectly after ws'ing for something stronger.

I use hedgehog pie usually for food so im at about 1k atk in tp gear. Exenterator on gears floor comfortably does 5-6k damage for me. I know thf can do the zone also, I think you might want to also bring along vile/vile+1 elixirs 'just in case' along with your remedy meds if you get in trouble due to dreadstorm/lag/etc.

Also you should maximize your dual wield delay gear options and balance that with capping gear haste/multiattack (patentia sash, heartseeker+dudgeon earrings and raider boomerang).

Hmmm hedgehog pie. Might have to give it a try. Also might think of meriting Exenterator again seen as I ain't really using one of my merit WS at the moment.

I do bring Remedies just for the paralyze which can really suck. Also I was manually bringing out Oynos soon as I had Haste and and no TP which was noticeably good, but that haste proc can sometimes take a while to click in. If only it were more reliable :(

Missing the Patentia Sash, saving gil for Umbrals and none on sale anyways :) Thanks for the tips, going to give it another bash soon and see how I fair.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-01-12 14:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can actually solo CS2 Apollyon and pop all chests thf/dnc killing most mobs so the entry fee 75abcs pretty much pays for itself. And Nusku's sash is also another option.