GEO AF Pants NM Fight: How...!?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » GEO AF pants NM fight: How...!?
GEO AF pants NM fight: How...!?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-08-31 17:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, does anyone know how to effectively slay this stupid NM? The main problem is that when it gets to about 50% HP, it will erase hate completely on the entire party. Furthermore, as soon as anyone besides the tank(s) does any action whatsoever, he or she will be targetted by the NM straight away, making it impossible to assist in any way.

I have tried beating this dual elemental with a few friends 4 times now and every time it's the same result: a wipe around 50% HP. It's by no means a very hard fight; the magic damage done by the NM is easy to defend against or just cure through, just be careful of the (rather large) sleepga range and it's easy... until it hits 50% HP like I said.

So does anyone out there have any tips for this fight or maybe even beat it so they can share their testimonies here? Help a fellow Geomancer out; I have been 4/5 AF for too long, and I'm sure I can't be the only one out there. Thanks in advance!
 Bismarck.Flipmode
Server: Bismarck
user: Freazer
By Bismarck.Flipmode 2013-08-31 18:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i completed it with aegis pld,whm, x3blm(decent geared), smn and a rune with np at all
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-31 19:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed it MNK WHM GEO with moderate annoyance.
 Phoenix.Zadimortis
user: Terranova
By Phoenix.Zadimortis 2013-08-31 19:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1/4 on this. It's not for idiots. The smaller your group, the better, and every single person in the party needs to be capable of fending off large amounts of magic damage on their own. The problem with pickup groups in this fight is that people aren't used to having to stay alive completely of their own volition because the White Mage is petrified and the tank can't grab hate despite them provoking/flashing constantly. First group I was in for this was SMN SMN BLM WHM WHM GEO RDM PLD MNK PUP, and we went 0/3. Second group I got for this was PLD RUN GEO WHM and we went 1/1 (though the RUN was freakishly good... throwing runes and bar-spells up for the -agas as the spells were being fastcast good).

tl;dr: Small groups, everyone needs to be able to fend for themselves.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-01 03:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Zadimortis said: »
I went 1/4 on this. It's not for idiots. The smaller your group, the better, and every single person in the party needs to be capable of fending off large amounts of magic damage on their own. The problem with pickup groups in this fight is that people aren't used to having to stay alive completely of their own volition because the White Mage is petrified and the tank can't grab hate despite them provoking/flashing constantly. First group I was in for this was SMN SMN BLM WHM WHM GEO RDM PLD MNK PUP, and we went 0/3. Second group I got for this was PLD RUN GEO WHM and we went 1/1 (though the RUN was freakishly good... throwing runes and bar-spells up for the -agas as the spells were being fastcast good).

tl;dr: Small groups, everyone needs to be able to fend for themselves.

Our set-up is GEO, BLM, RUN. Once the NM starts losing hate, you say we should let our usual tank set-up go and just heal ourselves?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-01 16:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump? I'd really like to know more of other people's strategies and/or thoughts about this fight.
By Solrain 2013-09-01 16:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend and I did this fight for our mules the other day: RUN/WHM (me), SCH/RDM (my mule), NIN/WAR (I think he was /WAR; just kinda showed up on whatever he was on) and GEO/RDM.

I subbed WHM because I figured that if we were gonna lose, it'd be due to petrify or sleep, and that melee damage output was pretty inconsequential. I just kept space between me and my SCH to make sure that one of use was out of range at all times.

The fight was mildly annoying but it's more of an endurance match. Wind damage works well, Barstone, Regen V is awesome, RUN just does their thing (Flabra/Pflug/Valiance/OFA, cures/Flash for holding hate). Nothing fancy.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-02 04:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Solrain said: »
My friend and I did this fight for our mules the other day: RUN/WHM (me), SCH/RDM (my mule), NIN/WAR (I think he was /WAR; just kinda showed up on whatever he was on) and GEO/RDM.

I subbed WHM because I figured that if we were gonna lose, it'd be due to petrify or sleep, and that melee damage output was pretty inconsequential. I just kept space between me and my SCH to make sure that one of use was out of range at all times.

The fight was mildly annoying but it's more of an endurance match. Wind damage works well, Barstone, Regen V is awesome, RUN just does their thing (Flabra/Pflug/Valiance/OFA, cures/Flash for holding hate). Nothing fancy.

So you're saying a RUN/WHM with just Flash is enough to keep hate even after the 50% while there are still nukes going on?
 Leviathan.Encyclopedia
Server: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Encyclopedia 2013-09-02 07:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you so concerned about hate reset? Just have the tank focus on getting hate after Entomb and have the mages perform fewer actions.
 Bismarck.Flipmode
Server: Bismarck
user: Freazer
By Bismarck.Flipmode 2013-09-02 07:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Encyclopedia said: »
Why are you so concerned about hate reset? Just have the tank focus on getting hate after Entomb and have the mages perform fewer actions.
^ this... really its not that hard of a fight whm focuses on the tank, mages focus on themeselves/nuking the mob down... OP is really over thinking this, it really can be 4manned/possibly 3manned
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-09-02 18:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it's amazing how much a single subjob change can win or break a fight. We just won this fight (in a duo no less) as RUN/DNC and GEO/WHM. It was a rather tedious fight at the 50% mark but at least we won. With /DNC, the Rune Fencer could heal himself enough and still take minimum damage. All I did was drop a Geo-Regen now and then, Stona and Mending Hallation or Radial Arcana (if needed).