users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Smn XML help
Smn XML help
 Fenrir.Bricent
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Bricent 2013-08-20 08:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been working with this xml file for my smn and it seems to work very well. The issue I am having is the variables for elemental staffs. I have done almost all the magian trial staffs and set them for the elemental staffs. On some of the gear sets though I am trying to swap out different staffs. The elemental variables however seem to be taking priority. Is there a way I can over ride this for those specific sets. Please see the below link for the xml file. Any help would be very appreciated thank you?

http://pastebin.com/gVSxTLRF
 Fenrir.Bricent
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Bricent 2013-08-20 08:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh can anyone also provide advice on how to equip herald gaiters for when I am in town and not engaged?
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2013-08-20 09:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this changing staffs for you at all? I'm not the best at fixing xml's (I keep mine way simpler than this), but I'm gonna take a guess that the error is here:
Code
<var cmd='set Petname "%spell"' />
<var cmd='set PetElement "%spellElement"' />
<var cmd='set ElementalStaff "$%spellElementStaff"' />

I believe that the quotes are not supposed to be there, what you want is:
Code
<var cmd="set Petname %spell" />
<var cmd="set PetElement %spellElement" />
<var cmd="set ElementalStaff $%spellElementStaff" />

This code is at 262 through 264 (I hope you're using Notepad++ to edit these). Give that a try and see if it works. Also, this is probably more suited for the Windower section of these forums.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2013-08-20 09:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the town question, this is what I've used from another xml
Code
<if NotStatus="Engaged">
<if area="*Windurst*|Heavens*|*San d'Oria*|Chateau*|*Bastok*|Metalworks|*Jeuno*|Ru'Lude*|*Whitegate|Al Zahbi|Chocobo*|*Colosseum|Selbina|Mhaura|Kazham|Norg|Tavnazia*" notarea="Dynamis*|*[S]" notbuffactive="Besieged">
<equip when="idle|engaged|resting|precast|midcast|aftercast" set="Town" />
</if>
</if>

Just make sure to have a set called Town for what you want to have in town. This requires for you to perform an action to put the gear on though.