Skilling Up Past 325?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Skilling up past 325?
Skilling up past 325?
 Quetzalcoatl.Illidarius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: lazarius
By Quetzalcoatl.Illidarius 2013-08-07 09:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there, anyone got advice of where to skill up past 325 skill, I was trying to skill up in merit parties but I hardly get 1-2 skill per B.E.W pitaru used and literally spaming spell on mob/full circle/etc so in 30 min I hardly get 1 or 2 skill ups, is there anymore better place to skill up?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-07 10:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

When leveling magic I love the worms in Gustav tunnel just stand at max range and geo-poison spam worked for me. I have an advantage of having dual box support tho but watched others just do work as well not worrying about leveling up mobs and timing out.

Could just /sch and sleep it using one of the other geo debuffs more costly but not that bad. I like sch if other mage skills arent capped lol.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2013-08-07 10:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to Abyssea Uleguerand on a DD job, spam killed a crapload of worms until they all respawned as Decent Challenge/Even Match. (There were others skilling up, they were appreciative of my work)

I warped out, changed back to GEO, came back, picked off an Even Match worm, ate a B.E.W. Pitaru, and went to work.

Geo-Poison, Geo-Paralysis spam with a bunch of Refresh atma did the trick nicely.
By Luvbunny1 2013-08-07 11:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also do another trick, which is fighting Abusea NM. A good one would be Tablila in Altepa. Take your summoner friend who need to skill ups. Load the atma with 2 regen atma and ducal guard for SMN. Pop Tablila, and pop your BEW Pitaru. It should take 20 mnts or so to kill, while you spam your geo magic, and your friend spam Whispering Wind and Predator Claw. Put on Geo - Refresh. Cap that magic :)

An alternate method would be taking Beastmaster or any thief, ninja that need to skill ups. Though you may have to heal if you are bringing non pet jobs. But it's a good way to skill ups, seal farming for your Abusea newbie friends.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-09-10 12:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly recommend meriting Full Circle + the HP / MP merit ability plus the suggested atmas above. If you spam Geo spells that target mobs and use full circle you'll recover a decent amount of HP and MP whenever you dismiss your Loupon.

I'm currently doing this with Apoc / Stronghold? and Minikin. You don't need Apoc but it's handy for the quick cast effect.
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2013-09-10 12:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

gustav tunnel, geo/rdm (capped enfb. magic), worms

just silence the worm, goe-poison full circle repete.

when they unsilence, silence it again, alot of time it wont even cast from losing hate on you until you recast geo-poison as well.

will take you to cap and fast skillups using the food.

can also use the magic skill up earring if you have it, it drops there in brown boxes.
 Fenrir.Kayalan
Server: Fenrir
user: Kayalan
By Fenrir.Kayalan 2013-09-10 14:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

An addition to what the above poster just said, you don't even need to silence them. If you have any of the newer gear, quake will hit for maybe 50 dmg, occasionally one may hit for 300 but thats why you should be casting indi-regen as well. Also, what I did and it took me about 5 hours to cap from 100 skill...go do the book op #3 and kill 3 crabs, 2 skellies, and 1 goblin, and if you're lucky you get the skill up bonus, which really makes things go fast. You can level the skill up bonus to 11 but that would prolly take a while. I had it at level 3 and things went fast.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-09-10 15:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Do voidwatch.

Nobody will ever notice that you are underskilled...
[+]
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-09-15 14:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What Kingnobody said. This is how I capped my Summoning Magic in like a week from ~85 cap to 99.
 Asura.Bluedemon
Server: Asura
user: Bluedemon
By Asura.Bluedemon 2013-09-30 14:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Gustav tunnel worms up until about 325 and probably could have kept going there but I moved over to the worms in Cirdas Caverns because it was a quicker commute from my Adoulin home point. From there I was able to finish capping my skills in just a few hours.
By Spiraboo 2013-09-30 15:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuftal Tunnel also have worms at lv 100 (near the old Tiger camp). Might be easier to go to than Gustav tunnel if you have VW warp.
 Fenrir.Eriaxa
Server: Fenrir
user: Eriaxa
By Fenrir.Eriaxa 2013-10-22 10:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Crepuscular worms in Cirdas Caverns. With BEW capped in 2 hours from 320ish. Nothing but .3 .4 and .5's!