Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » some questions for SMNs
some questions for SMNs
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2013-07-25 17:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

1) does my avatar gains the same stats from my gear ?
for example, if i want to melee with fenrir, is equiping haste gear make sense ?
same question for spells casted on me : if i'm hasted, is my pet hasted ?

2) is there differents blood pact like physical or magic ?
do i need to equip str gear for physical BP ?
what makes BP powerfull ? mnd ? int ? mab ? smn skill magic ?
note my smn skill magic is capped
how do i know what type a BP is ?

3) i don't understand ja mana cede
is giving 100 tp to an avatar do something ?
maybe BP are more powerfull ?

thank you
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-25 17:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it says Pet: "-" or Avatar: "_" then no, pet isn't getting anything out of your gear.

Pet: Attack/Acc/Crit will effect Physical BPs(Predator Claws, Rush etc)
Pet: Magic Attack/Accuracy/Crit(not sure if that even exists for pets) will effect the merit Blood pacts.

TP does effect some damaging BP, not all though I think(Nether blast and maybe more.)
Atma/Cite you equip will be on your avatar as well, so that's something I guess.

Kinda crazy that you're skill is capped honestly.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-25 17:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As a general rule TP boosts magical BP, and they(at least the merit ones?) can crit. Look at the augmented summoner +2 boots.
 Leviathan.Phineus
Server: Leviathan
user: ayer
By Leviathan.Phineus 2013-07-25 17:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gillesjboulon said: »
1) does my avatar gains the same stats from my gear ? for example, if i want to melee with fenrir, is equiping haste gear make sense ? same question for spells casted on me : if i'm hasted, is my pet hasted ? 2) is there differents blood pact like physical or magic ? do i need to equip str gear for physical BP ? what makes BP powerfull ? mnd ? int ? mab ? smn skill magic ? note my smn skill magic is capped how do i know what type a BP is ? 3) i don't understand ja mana cede is giving 100 tp to an avatar do something ? maybe BP are more powerfull ? thank you

1. no your avatar does not receive the same stats from your gear or buffs you receive. gear needs to specifically state that the stats are for your avatar or pet. i.e. Nares Cuffs offers Avatar: "Magic Atk. Bonus"+8 or Moepapa Stone with Pet: Haste +5%. One exception of buffs carrying over to your pet would be Abyssea buffs. Atmas and cruor buffs carry over to your avatar.
2. There are both physical and magical blood pacts. Stat bonuses on your gear will not affect your avatar unless again they are stated on your gear as being specifically for your avatar/pet. Check out FFXIclopedia and you'll see the different damage types for the bloodpacts.
3. The group 2 merited blood pacts receive a damage bonus based on TP.
 Cerberus.Elflegolas
user: Elf23
By Cerberus.Elflegolas 2013-07-25 19:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Merited magic BPs can't crit, but damage does go up proportional to TP. No damage increase will be seen after 300% TP. However, they can of course magic burst and if your wearing AF3 for the blood boon proc dmg, then that will also add dmg when it procs (very similar to blm conserve mp added dmg on AF3).
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-25 19:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You may want to look at the summoner's pigaches +2, the augment provides magic critical hit damage for merit BPs.

Edit: BG says the base magic crit for players is 0. If avatars work the same way, it doesn't mean they can't crit, it means you have to use gear to allow it. Also, those boots have 5% magic crit on them.
 Cerberus.Elflegolas
user: Elf23
By Cerberus.Elflegolas 2013-07-25 20:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

True, forgot about these feet. I believe this is the only piece of gear available to open up this option for avatars. I know the base magic crit for avatars is also 0. shedir crackows are what I lean towards since they boost magic dmg 100% of the time and also have boon+3 on em.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-25 20:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm not saying you should BP in those feet (you shouldn't unless you have nothing better) but the stats lead me to believe they can crit.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-07-25 20:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phineus said: »
1) does my avatar gains the same stats from my gear ? for example, if i want to melee with fenrir, is equiping haste gear make sense ? same question for spells casted on me : if i'm hasted, is my pet hasted ? 2) is there differents blood pact like physical or magic ? do i need to equip str gear for physical BP ? what makes BP powerfull ? mnd ? int ? mab ? smn skill magic ? note my smn skill magic is capped how do i know what type a BP is ? 3) i don't understand ja mana cede is giving 100 tp to an avatar do something ? maybe BP are more powerfull ? thank you

1. no your avatar does not receive the same stats from your gear or buffs you receive. gear needs to specifically state that the stats are for your avatar or pet. i.e. Nares Cuffs offers Avatar: "Magic Atk. Bonus"+8 or Moepapa Stone with Pet: Haste +5%. One exception of buffs carrying over to your pet would be Abyssea buffs. Atmas and cruor buffs carry over to your avatar.
2. There are both physical and magical blood pacts. Stat bonuses on your gear will not affect your avatar unless again they are stated on your gear as being specifically for your avatar/pet. Check out FFXIclopedia and you'll see the different damage types for the bloodpacts.
3. The group 2 merited blood pacts receive a damage bonus based on TP.

Cruor buffs do not carry over to pets, sadly. Yes atma/atmacites do though.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-07-25 21:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

1) does my avatar gains the same stats from my gear ?
for example, if i want to melee with fenrir, is equiping haste gear make sense ?
same question for spells casted on me : if i'm hasted, is my pet hasted ?

2) is there differents blood pact like physical or magic ?
do i need to equip str gear for physical BP ?
what makes BP powerfull ? mnd ? int ? mab ? smn skill magic ?
note my smn skill magic is capped
how do i know what type a BP is ?

3) i don't understand ja mana cede
is giving 100 tp to an avatar do something ?
maybe BP are more powerfull ?

thank you

1) As said above, the only gear that affects your Avatars is gear with "Avatar: XXX" or "Pet: XXX"
Side note on avatar strength, using "Avatar's Favor" will reduce your perpetuation/give a buff but makes your avatar weaker.
See this is you want more Favor info:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Avatar's_Favor

2)For physical bloodpacts, you will want +skill, Avatar/Pet: attack, Avatar: critical hit chance, etc. Compared to gear used by other jobs, there is little gear that will affect bloodpacts, sadly (mostly artifact, relic, empyrean, and some random pieces here and there).

For magical bloodpacts, +skill, Avatar: TP Bonus, Avatar/Pet: MAB+XX, etc.

For information on bloodpacts (such as which are physical or magical and their damage type/element) see the main wiki page:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Summoner

Furthermore, you can see some stuff about bloodpact: wards as well.

3) Mana Cede adds 100 (or up to 200 with EMP+2 hands) TP to an avatar, which can be used to enhance a magical bloodpact or healing bloodpact: ward. TP has no effect on physical bloodpacts.

Side note on bloodpacts
Invest in getting -bloodpact recast time gear (e.g. SMN relic gear). It caps at -15, bringing the recast to 45 seconds instead of one minute.

For best results, macro in -15 Bloodpact recast gear, use bloodpact, and while the bloodpact is 'charging' switch to gear you want it to go off in (e.g. +skill, Avatar: TP bonus gear).
[+]