Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Wich geo spell are the most used
Wich geo spell are the most used
By lazarius 2013-07-13 05:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow GEO, im kinda new to geo (played it when adoulin was released then took a break from the game) its now 76 and going to 99 as soon as i can find a party forming lol. Just want to know wich spell from the GEO directory are the most used when people say geo in delve with correct skill/magic? Because of the price of all the geo spell altogether im pretty some aren't used at all so i wont bother buying them. Thanks for answers
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-07-13 06:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Def-, eva-, meva-, macc+ and refresh are generally the most commonly used for delve NMs. Att- sometimes (mainly Morimar raptor since it hits like a truck and doesn't require meva-).
 Carbuncle.Nobusagi
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nobusagi
By Carbuncle.Nobusagi 2013-07-16 18:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I use it all the time in Delve. You're gonna need Torpor, Frailty, Languor, Focus for mobs, and Indi-Refresh for idling. Generally, whoever is responsible for standing with the mages does Indi-Focus/Geo-Languor and whoever stands on the mob does Indi-Frailty/Geo-Torpor.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-07-22 20:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't wanna start an new thread, but does GEO every really use it elemental magic on current stuff?
 Carbuncle.Nobusagi
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nobusagi
By Carbuncle.Nobusagi 2013-07-25 16:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope. You'll need all your MP to keep luopans up. I only even bother keeping a MAB/MACC set for Impacting when necessary.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-07-25 16:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nobusagi said: »
Generally, whoever is responsible for standing with the mages does Indi-Focus/Geo-Languor and whoever stands on the mob does Indi-Frailty/Geo-Torpor.

The GEO idling by the mages should really do Indi-Focus and Geo-Torpor, whereas the GEO on the NM should do Indi-Languor + Geo-Frailty. That way you ensure that Languor is always on. If that GEO ever dies, just have the other one use Geo-Languor and swap roles.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By Alkaseltzer 2013-08-28 17:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mirvana said: »
Didn't wanna start an new thread, but does GEO every really use it elemental magic on current stuff?

I've found doing Skirmish I used my elemental magic a lot. All the +magic damage gear makes you really pack a punch, and you can help with refreshing other mages in party when doing some funkier skirmish runs.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2013-08-29 21:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo's nuking is actually in a pretty good place atm once you're geared for it. Stonera II > Stonera will kill pretty much anything in Skirmish, Stone II will one shot any magic weakness mob, 4-5 Stone Is can kill anything else, Stone IV will one shot most non-magic weakness mobs, etc. Its funny just how massive of a difference gear makes with nuking. Nuke in idle/Geo gear on accident, Stone does like 40 damage, toss on gear, 1100+ lol. -Ras are still far from MP efficient, but they kinda feel balanced when there's 4+ mobs around to hit.

Its actually pretty powerful now, though I'm not certain how this'll play out in alliance content. Its currently helpful (but far from needed) on most Delve NMs. Spamming Thunder I on the final 25% of Daqu is pretty entertaining, for example. Be careful not to pull hate and pull him outta place during a Mayham! ;D
[+]