Installation Woes ._.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » installation woes ._.
installation woes ._.
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-07-02 10:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So my old xbox broke a couple days ago and I went to get a new arcade one yesterday since all my HD/cables and stuff still worked but when I started up the new xbox and put the FFXI game disk in it wouldnt take me to POL but kept giving me a Game Error about needing to download the game again. So I completely cleared the harddrive and then it did open up POL for me with the ffxi disk in. I installed POL and was able to log into my account as usual.

But when I tried x3 to install FFXI its gotten to 1 minute time remaining and then given me an error message and then asks if I want to install FFXI..

why is it doing this D: POL service doesnt open for another hour.. anyone else have this problem? halp please ; ;
 Sylph.Aakura
Server: Sylph
user: Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-07-02 10:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently had to purchase a new xbox and ran into the same problem. In the end the only way to fix the problem was upload the entire game from the cd-rom to the hard drive. You will still need to insert the game to actually play. Hope this helps you out^^

PS. Make sure you have a significant amount of memory on your harddrive before installing the game. I believe the game takes almost 11GB of memory and that doesnt include any new add on you might of purchase.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-07-02 10:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

bahh I only have the 20gig!
 Sylph.Aakura
Server: Sylph
user: Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-07-02 11:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing you can do at this point is to upgrade to 60GB but if you play other games and keep saved files, music, or movies best bet is to purchase the 120GB. Even purchasing the 120GB still only gives you 90GB to start with, the remaing GB is used by the xbox for tool files.
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-07-02 12:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Aakura said:
Only thing you can do at this point is to upgrade to 60GB but if you play other games and keep saved files, music, or movies best bet is to purchase the 120GB. Even purchasing the 120GB still only gives you 90GB to start with, the remaing GB is used by the xbox for tool files.

just picked up the 120 gig, still annoying how it worked fine from my harddrive on the old xbox and then wouldnt work with the new one.. oh well 8D
 Hades.Medjai
Server: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 12:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

just get a portable harddrive like i did i save all my games and music on it outside of FFXI 2200 music files 3 movies and 100 game save files stil 70 GB left =D
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2009-07-02 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

for some reason this has happened to me even with my 120GB, i play FFXI on my xbox all the time np, but i try to run my harddrive on someone elses xbox and it give an error saying i have to install it... i think SE should have thought things through a bit more when they made XI for 360, cause there seems to be quiet a few problems >.<
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-07-02 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

well its doing the same thing even with the 120gb hd now :( wtf!
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 17:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well SE didnt think microsoft would fkn come up with the Nexus update since they made ffxi for the 360 what 4 years ago?
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-07-02 17:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

is that what the whole problem is? some update xbox did? -_-
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 17:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yep before the nexus update last year you didnt have to install the game to your harddrive now you basically have to for it to work and yet even after installing your game to the harddrive you still have to have the game disc, all the update did for ppl that installed their games to the harddrive was cut down load times, and half the games that are installed to the harddrive dont work with the update point in case FFXI another game lolHalo3 Gears Of war 1 also doesnt work correct with the update and a couple other games dont work correct with the update so all your woes are thanks to microsoft. THANK YOU MICROSOFT!!! be glad im waitning for Left 4 Dead 2 and Dead Rising 2 and that PS3 is completely lol when it comes to games and that you paid off all the top developers to make games for you lol
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-02 17:50:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

have you transfered all your game saves from the 20gb drive to the new 120? if so you would have to uninstall the game through the POL menu and then reinstall it. if you deleted it through the 360 memory under the settings tab then you gotta reinstall POL just to uninstall. This should clear up any problems you're having.

Hope it does solve your problem.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-02 17:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay. You can try one of two things.

The simple and hopefull wishful thinking one is defragment your HDD, and hope it's a corrupted file that the 360 will catch. Turn on your Xbox and connect to XBL. From there go to the "My Xbox" tab and move all the way to the right, "System Settings". Inside there, with your HDD connected, go to "Memory". You should see where it says "Hard Drive", or whatever you code named your HDD. DO NOT click this. Instead, while "Hard Drive" is highlighted, press Y on your controller. You should now see "Rename" and "Format". DO NOT click these either. Highlight EITHER of them and press "X X LB RB X X". It will ask to perform maintenance. Say yes, and it will be done in a few seconds. Hopefully this fixes it, along with freeing up a few KB of memory on your drive.

If that ALSO does not work, you can try the two step process. Start up POL, and open your disk tray without logging out. Then go back into POL to see the gray "YOU LOGGED OFF WRONG STUPID!" screen. Reinstall from there. This will erase any screenshots and macros you have! Make sure you send the SS' you want to keep to your email, and save your macros to the server. Refer to wiki to learn how to do this.

If FFXI *STILLLLLL* doesn't want to work, go back to the gray dummy screen and UNINSTALL everything. This will nerf all files pertaining to POL and most of FFXI. Now...install again. And if you have the WotG disk/vana collection '08/'09, I HIGHLYYYYYY suggest you also use those, because 360 has severe lag downloading files way more often than not, and a *** of updates have happened in the two years it's been on 360. Leave it updating overnight and see if you can log on in the morning. Goooood luck.
[+]
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 17:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

HAHAHA @ "YOU LOGGED OFF WRONG STUPID"
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-07-02 17:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

simple conclusion to your woe TRASH YOUR 360! which im doing this weekend finally getting my PC as my graduation present lol
 Valefor.Integral
By Valefor.Integral 2009-07-02 20:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lol thank you everyone for help! I believe its working now >.> and definitely QQing about the loss of screenshots and macros....... omfgmacros