Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-11-13 01:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to main heal as tarutaru whm/blm, in full zenith mixed with enmity up gear then i will call the tank a noob when i die and i will make it every one else problem but mine. And this is why my whm is only ever used as whm/nin soloing... but i have nin/dnc for that soloing thing now which i think i prefer anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
Server: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-13 01:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at it on paper the small bonus is more than likely not worth 4-5mil to most people, however, WHM is my main and my love, and I'm fast running out of things to acquire for it. It's down to two now, both ra/ex (which refuse to drop) which will add even less of a bonus than this earring... so why not if I have the gil >_>

On that note, I never implied people should drop millions, I was merely pointing out the price difference across servers, take it as you will. Having said that, it doesn't mean people cant pay the odd 20k for a MND earring (It's still going to be better than full timing mp earrings).

No need to specifically go out of your way to make sure the targets HP drops that low either... Just do some salvage bosses, sea NMs etc. Some TP moves when followed by a crit can drop a tank easily, and the higher cures are definitely noticeable.

At the end of the day, Skill > gear. However, it's not that they cant do their jobs in mp gear, but it's no different than a DD full timing acc gear. Sure it works, doesn't mean they couldn't be doing it better though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Naminee
Server: Remora
user: KelliM
By Remora.Naminee 2009-11-13 01:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I once had a 75rdm/30nin bark orders at me once. Got me really fired up. Yelled at me for casting a r3 on him (bare in mind not only is r3 the same amount of mp as an r1 now, but the casting timer is just a little faster...)(Sorry I wanted to spare you EXP loss with a faster raise spell...)

A few minutes later...

After having to deal with no refresh, which is fine, I was also yelled at to silena the rdm when I had no mp and was trying to rest so I could. (Moments like that, I do wish I had scholar sub, I know not every rdm spoils me with Refresh like Kenshey... Which is why I typically like to only play whm when he is my rdm.) The rdm also was doing this entire thing in EVA gear, no gear swaps, no earth staff, kiting a mob. (Royale Ramble!) And he/she had the nerve to continuously tell me how to play my job as a whm.

As whm, I like to think I do my job properly. I do have different sets of Macros based on everything being situational. For example, My dynamis Macros I focus a lot on Healing Magic Skill and then MND so I have less chances of my cures being resisted (Thank you almighty double dark weather.) Where as in other events I do, it's more focus on MND. I have an Enhancing Gear build, I have a Divine Gear build, I have a Bar-gear build. I also have a Devotion Gear build so I can give as much MP as possible to the PLD tank. Whm started off as a Meh job to me, but within the last few months, I have really put myself into the job. The only sub I really use on whm is blm. (SCH is lvl 10 and I really have not been in the mood to lvl another job where I run around curing up a pt.) Personally, /smn is a decent MP boost and the extra tick of refresh is nice, but I like to be able to warp myself, escape my pt's if needed and I am a big fan of tractoring Dead people. So it is really just to each their own.
 Hades.Clack
Server: Hades
user: cocl
By Hades.Clack 2009-11-13 01:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Marzanna, is that your cure gear(on your profile)? If it is, I can offer you a few suggestions to maximize your cures with minimal effort.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-13 01:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not lol, its my perty gear :)
 Hades.Clack
By Hades.Clack 2009-11-13 01:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok good haha. I was gonna say, you seemed like you knew what you were doing from your posts, but that stuff just doesn't make sense!
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-13 02:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL. Well for one, I refuse to run around with a shield on (I know its girly, but I think its fugly), this is partly why atm I look somewhat gimpy cure wise (that is however usually what I use). I have run my actual macros through cure calculator, couldn't really find any other ways to boost it sadly.. But, feel free to make suggestions if you wish, I do have almost everything I could possibly have, but it can't hurt to see your ideas.. I won't be ignorant.

I usually have expansion hat with cure pot/mnd aug, MND ring etc.... as long as it does not include clerics belt /wrist...
 Hades.Clack
By Hades.Clack 2009-11-13 02:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

haha, i kinda like the shield :P

But anyways, this is my current setup http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=73585. Moogle hat is 6mnd and 3 cure potency. This set nets me 982 cure 5's. 75+59 mnd /sch, +40% cure potency, and -23 enmity.

As for suggestions(this is going solely based off of the gear I see on your profile, if you have the stuff I'm mentioning then more power to ya :P), if you have access, morgana's choker is 40 mp and 5 mnd, which is much better then 7 healing magic skill. You can even use Ajari bead necklace for +6 mnd. Templar mace + muse tariqah is the best main/sub combo you're gonna get. 12 mnd and +10% cure potency. Healer's mitts +1 is the best hands for cure 5 although I prefer blessed mitts +1 for the 6% haste and -4 enmity. Medicine ring if you have the means to activate its latent is probably the single biggest improvement you're gonna see for your setup. Blessed trousers are far better then cleric's pantaloons for cures.

Also, I hate that i don't have marduk's crackows, makes me sad :(. All in all, just a few pieces will substantially increase your cures.

[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-13 02:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Morgana's but I hate -hp on any item (tbh I got it just to activate latent on my minstrels). Similar reason I suppose as to why I refuse to use Medicine Ring.. low hp irks me, and I get stuck without a refresh so often than I'm usually always using sublim. I've thought about it many times but decided no every time.. >.>

Yours is basically the same as mine, but still thank you for the input, never know with all these updates I could of missed something lol.. Only real differences, I use Roundel instead of Star Earring, Ajari instead of Morgana's, and Cure pot hat (yah I always forget the name) instead of AF+1.. and that fugly club/shield... which I'm sure you use anyways, assuming this is enfeeble pot set from the looks of it.

Marduks Crackows are very smexy, first piece I went after, and now I have signed Blessed Pumps +1 which I can't ever sell (for sentimental reasons) lol.. then again I guess I do use them for na/erase lol..

PS. Thanks for not rubbing no clerics in my face, it makes me /sadpanda
 Hades.Clack
By Hades.Clack 2009-11-13 03:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just out of curiosity, what are your stats in cure5 gear? mnd/cure pot/enmity minus if it's not too much trouble.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-13 03:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

MND: 75+71 (This includes full merits, im lolhume)
Cure Potency: 30%
Enmity: 23 (This also includes full merits)
Healing Skill: 291

Heals about 920? Was about 900, haven't really paid attention since i got aristo. Yah... I had been putting it off, wanting to sign my own HQ but after 0/20ish I became inpatient and just bought it lol. Would be just under 1k if I was to actually use medicine lol.

Sorry wasn't logged on and geared on another job in another zone >_>
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-11-13 03:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason you guys don't use Cure Clogs?
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-13 03:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, I don't like to use them for V because it gets in the way of my epeen! <_< On a serious note though, Marduks Crackow's are just too nice, and with merits and /SCH I can get by without them for that.
 Remora.Llianon
user: Llianon
By Remora.Llianon 2009-11-13 05:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avinne said:

The worst are full time max MP WHMs. Hi2U Zenith legs for everything.

Well guys sometimes i'm thinking there's too much blms lvling whms lol.
lemme explain:
In blm job you need the max int+ to nuke harder and with less resist
same with elemental magic skill.
But in whm...exept on dark day double dark weather if you got an healing magic capped you won't resist...and those whm healing in mnd+++++ stuff
extra healing magic and all will cure like 15 or 30 HP more (i don't speak of cure potency+ that's different)
So after 4 years playing whm the point is i prefer toss 5 cure 3 for 235H and stay in full mp stuff than runing low mp after 3 cure 3 for 250HP.

the important is:
-healing casting time + (ty cure clog)
-having huge mp pool and toss onry cure 3 and 5 + regen (AF2 body yes please!)
- mnd+ is onry when you play the rdm job (enfeebling)
- cure potency +++++++ is also the big point coz it's what makes move the healing potency.

So stop saying i cure in errant houppeland for mnd+ and balhra ring,
I say the most mp = the most cure potency you got!
Check my whm set!
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-11-13 05:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm.. why not just start off in MP gear and switch in the MND+ when you've used up the extra mp, if you're going to do that? >_>

I feel like I'm repeating myself. There is absolutely no reason to idle/cure in max mp once you've reached <80% MP or so. Shall we also dismiss the fact that higher HP healed also equates to a stronger stoneskin for the target? Minuscule maybe, but it's yet another reason why curing in mp gear is lulz.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Solare
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2009-11-13 06:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Since when do BLM's stack up on MND to be considered a WHM? This argument is mute.
Quote:
argument makes little sense.
lemme explain:
In blm job you need the max int to nuke harder and with less resist
same with elemental magic skill.
So lemme get this straight. You class INT in the same importance of Elemental skill, BUT, MND and cure potency are different? how is this a valid argument.
Quote:
But in whm...exept on dark day double dark weather if you got an healing magic capped you won't resist...and those whm healing in mnd stuff
extra healing magic and all will cure like 15 or 30 HP more (i don't speak of cure potency that's different)
So. Its ok for a BLM to stack on INT and Elemental. But, a WHM that stacks MND and cure potency, is an idiot? Is that what you're saying? Ok Go and play SMN, Spam the ***out of cure 3 (Your fav spell!) And then go and cure in the same gear on WHM, and see how much difference MND makes.
Quote:
So after 4 years playing whm the point is i prefer toss 5 cure 3 for 235H and stay in full mp stuff than runing low mp after 3 cure 3 for 250HP.
If you've been playing for for years, And, thats the conclusion you've come to. Then, you're playing the wrong class.
Quote:
the important is:
-healing casting time (ty cure clog)
-having huge mp pool and toss onry cure 3 and 5 regen (AF2 body yes please!)
- mnd is onry when you play the rdm job (enfeebling)
- cure potency is also the big point coz it's what makes move the healing potency.
You be trolling right? You cast cure in full MP gear, so what happens after you use all that extra MP? You're gimp! Lol, first I've read MND is for RDM only. ***, by that sense, CHR is only for WAR, since we get it on our AF, and is used for Voke. Never mind the BRDs. They have wind skill+ etc.

At the end of the day. Id rather cast 1 cure V for a triple what your cure 3 is doing, have to do it less. Generate less hate. And keep the tank happyier.
Quote:
So stop saying i cure in errant houppeland for mnd and balhra ring,
Check my whm set!

You may aswell cure in Errant. Most MP DOES NOT equal more cure potency. Thats the stupidest ***I've ever read. I'm gonna stack up on HP and Deff for my WAR. Cause, then I can do killer DMG and take it, cause I use the same logic as your poor little mind.

Please don't come to my server. I don't think my keyboard could support the infinite amount of /points and /laughs.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Sephiros
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sephi
By Ragnarok.Sephiros 2009-11-13 06:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! As almost 3 years as WHM at Ragnarok,doing a lot of partys until my way to 75,without level sync,a simple empress band,not many pl's,thousands of events done as WHM and 0 refuses from ppl I just can say that:

- Equipment does not make a good WHM (but can help if you know how to use them).
- Magic skills as divine + enfeebling magic are also important (actually in my dynamis linkshell I'm the only able to land a Repose on Nm's,and slow,paralyze too in healer departement).
- Able to use repose + sleep at Dark Arts (whm/sch) also got dark magic equipment set.
-Capable of heal over 850HP/CureV at Darksday (dynamis/einherjar)
CureIV 478HP same conditions
Cure III 238 HP same conditions
Cure II 115 HP same conditions
Cure 50 HP same conditions

After playing with a bunch of others WHM's I just can consider "decent" (not to my lvl,of course) a few of them (2-3).

I know it can sound like "Oh!,I'm a PRO",but I just want to tell that many ppl lvl WHM just to get another 75,and that's the worst thing you can do. If you don't like WHM just don't lvl it and let "hard stuff" to us, thank you.

P.D: +80 merits on WHM btw,got Nobles,not Aristocrat one and cure potency + 20% with latent ring (looking for new add-ons equipment)
P.D.D: Healing magic skill +310 (Af+1 mitts + cleric trousers)
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2009-11-13 06:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When I play my WHM, I have a mix of Haste, MND, Fast Cast & Cure Potency. For stuff like Nyzul also a Divine Setup (for Light based sleeps or Banish on Ghosts).

My Guide for bad WHMs:

The key to be a good WHM is the RIGHT TIMING. Dont watch a Melee / Tank lose like 40% of his HP when fighting hard mobs, always keep him cured so they cant be oneshotted by sudden AOE or such.

Also ALWAYS have Regen III on the ppl who keep having hate (you should notice that).

Most important thing is to ALWAYS remove negative status effects ASAP (!!)of the members. Focus and dont let them BEG you for erase, poisona or paralyna.

For Nyzul: WHM should NEVER wait at runic, theres always a situation you might need light based sleep or something goes wrong. Make the THF run back to the runic when you know last mob <.<

Make equip change macros which make you benefit of ALL your gear. Don't rest with light staff <.<

I personally enjoy playing WHM, along with RDM.

PS:
Why would a WHM need INT at all? I mean I know there's some gear that has MND + INT on it, but why would a whm "want" it ? XD

Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-13 06:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Solare that was a kinda unnecessary rant there. Marzanna explained it quite well, and Barti offered a slightly different stance on the subject (a stance I adhere to adamantly). For max potency I'd imagine you'd cast in cure potency gear, and MND where you can't get cure potency. This is talking about pure highest HP recovered for MP spent, which is always going to be the best bet.

Now let's say that you have 800MP in this max potency build, but if you put on all your max MP gear, you have 1100. So sure, start out with your max MP build, but as soon as you hit 800MP it's doing nothing for you. Cast another cure and you'll have 756MP regardless of whether you're wearing max MP or max potency gear, but if you switched to your max potency gear then you just cured for 250 instead of 230, and will continue to do so.

However as Barti says, you really only ever have max MP once at the very start of the party/NM/event, so that max MP build saves you 300MP once, at the very start of [whatever], and then does nothing but takes up inventory space for the rest of the [whatever].
By Areis 2009-11-13 07:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my standard Issue Whm Gearset.

(( Bit of a lie, atm balrahn's instead of Serket & Phantom instead of Hedgehog, but then i don't pull my Whm out too much anymore and it was nice to have the money back))

Merits:
MP 2/8
Pro V 1/1
Shell V 1/3
Devotion 1/5

Main spells are:
Penury Cure V
Penury Regen III
Cure II
Repose
Haste
Pro/Shell V
Dia / Auspice maybe...
anything other than that is really out of the ordinary for me to be casting.

Usually play as Whm/Sch

Now given all that I almost never end up below 800MP (of 1,000) unless I'm doing some serious curing. Between Sublimation & Refresh body / Sanction-Sigil I have enough coming back. General Cure V gets around 880~ if i remember right.

The one problem i have with MOST healers out there is they don't know how to effectively conserve MP. Many will cure a DD the instant they take damage, it's your job to keep them alive, but part of their job is not to get themselves killed so don't worry if they're down 10~15%.

Could i get a few more points if I maxed everything out? sure.. but (given i have 8 jobs 75~) at what point can I say with what I have, will adding to this be a significant impact?

I wouldn't call my set a Max-MP build, but it's defiantly not an Enmity-, Haste, or MND set either. I think it incorporates everything as a balanced casting set, which doesn't require massive swaps to be effective from one spell to the next.
By Areis 2009-11-13 07:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Err not Balrahn's but the 30HP > MP Eather ring. be damned if i can find the Edit button

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Llianon
user: Llianon
By Remora.Llianon 2009-11-13 07:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solare said:
Quote:
Since when do BLM's stack up on MND to be considered a WHM? This argument is mute.

=> peeps stacks mnd for whm like a blm would stack int. that's wwhy i said that!

So lemme get this straight. You class INT in the same importance of Elemental skill, BUT, MND and cure potency are different? how is this a valid argument.

=>wrong i only make a difference betwin cure potency and healing magic skill!
Quote:
But in whm...exept on dark day double dark weather if you got an healing magic capped you won't resist...and those whm healing in mnd stuff
extra healing magic and all will cure like 15 or 30 HP more (i don't speak of cure potency that's different)
So. Its ok for a BLM to stack on INT and Elemental. But, a WHM that stacks MND and cure potency, is an idiot? Is that what you're saying? Ok Go and play SMN, Spam the ***out of cure 3 (Your fav spell!) And then go and cure in the same gear on WHM, and see how much difference MND makes.

=>I just say mind just play a lil minus role on HP+ healed. again you make a mistake betwin healing magic skill and cure potency
Quote:
If you've been playing for for years, And, thats the conclusion you've come to. Then, you're playing the wrong class.

=> you compare a whm and a war...it's ok for me but it's not really the same way of playing!
Quote:
the important is:
-healing casting time (ty cure clog)
-having huge mp pool and toss onry cure 3 and 5 regen (AF2 body yes please!)
- mnd is onry when you play the rdm job (enfeebling)
- cure potency is also the big point coz it's what makes move the healing potency.
You be trolling right? You cast cure in full MP gear, so what happens after you use all that extra MP? You're gimp! Lol, first I've read MND is for RDM only. ***, by that sense, CHR is only for WAR, since we get it on our AF, and is used for Voke. Never mind the BRDs. They have wind skill etc.

At the end of the day. Id rather cast 1 cure V for a triple what your cure 3 is doing, have to do it less. Generate less hate. And keep the tank happyier.

=> that point is true...once you come down to 80% in mp you can switch gears...but seriously without windower it's a pain in the *** to switch all that stuff. ok i'm lazy XD
Quote:
So stop saying i cure in errant houppeland for mnd and balhra ring,
Check my whm set!

You may aswell cure in Errant. Most MP DOES NOT equal more cure potency. Thats the stupidest ***I've ever read. I'm gonna stack up on HP and Deff for my WAR. Cause, then I can do killer DMG and take it, cause I use the same logic as your poor little mind.

Please don't come to my server. I don't think my keyboard could support the infinite amount of /points and /laughs.

=> on that...i'm not war75 it's true but i don't understand why you would do that...don't think it's the same logic.

Hades.Peitha
user: Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2009-11-13 07:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avinne said:
Bottom line, most WHMs out there are terrible and never put much thought into their gear. =/

Once in awhile you'll find a WHM that's really fantastic, but yah...

The worst are full time max MP WHMs. Hi2U Zenith legs for everything.

(And don't check my WHM gear atm, because I was skilling up club and ran out of virtue stones when I logged.)

I so agree with you. I'm a mithra and as a full time mage, i still dont have my mp merits cap, no reason for it right now when i have a full set of resting gear and i always changing gear. The best is, I see people that has a Cleric's Briault, and will regen a person with another body gear instead of have this macro in with their regen maco. As far as the Zenith gear, i would never get it, ok the mp you get from it is nice with the other stats but i find it a waste for whm. I use gear that stacks cure potency and i also stack as much mind as possible when i cure. People forget that mind has the biggest increase in cure potency. Well this is my opinion.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-11-13 08:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, this thread just will not go away, will it?

On the current topic, I started working on my different WHM sets Wednesday when I bought more hMP gear. Trying not to blow all my cash right now so I'm taking it slow.

I start out in max MP set (currently same as curing set)
Once below the amount of MP my curing set has (probably ~50 below), switch to the curing set.
When healing switch to the hMP set. My hMP set has less MP than my curing set. What I do is heal to full MP, then switch gear back to curing to top off the MP. Right now it usually only takes 1-2 ticks (depending how low I was when I started healing) to fill the difference. I think I counted +21 hMP (I should just look at the item set, but lazy right now).

Once I have my max MP set I'll incorporate that.

I do not have /SCH so that's irrelevant right now. Once I finish leveling it, I will use it. Anyone telling me OMGLEVELSCHNOW will be ignored.

Looking back at the previous posts:
So far I don't have a problem with switching gear without windower. I don't foresee that being a problem. And it's not that hard to hit two macros one after another to get geared up (Maat fight required three macros if I'm not mistaken. Entered naked).

There's a fine line between +MP and +MND. I don't think you can say that one is better than the other. You have to test things and find the best balance.

I'm still on the fence when it comes to healing magic and MND. I haven't tried both hm pieces together (don't have mitts yet. last piece needed for 5/5 relic), but blessed won when I tested the trousers. I need to go to campaign and test it more.
 Midgardsormr.Shiroichi
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Shirai
By Midgardsormr.Shiroichi 2009-11-13 08:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Peitha said:
stack as much mind as possible when i cure. People forget that mind has the biggest increase in cure potency. Well this is my opinion.

Mind only has a noticable effect on Cure V.
On the lower cures the effect is so minimal that you can ask yourself if it's worth putting it in there.

For Cure III and IV I stick to Potency > Haste > -Enmity.
Mind comes last here.

I do stack mind for Cure V, Stoneskin and MND based enfeebling magic in places where I can't equip skill/Magic Accuracy gear.
(Gearsets can be found in my AH profile)

@Krizz,

I do not have SCH leveld yet either, there is no shame there.
I too shall do so, but when I feel like it and have the time to do so.
 Hades.Peitha
user: Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2009-11-13 08:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Shiroichi said:
Hades.Peitha said:
stack as much mind as possible when i cure. People forget that mind has the biggest increase in cure potency. Well this is my opinion.

Mind only has a noticable effect on Cure V.
On the lower cures the effect is so minimal that you can ask yourself if it's worth putting it in there.

For Cure III and IV I stick to Potency > Haste > -Enmity.
Mind comes last here.

I do stack mind for Cure V, Stoneskin and MND based enfeebling magic in places where I can't equip skill/Magic Accuracy gear.
(Gearsets can be found in my AH profile)

@Krizz,

I do not have SCH leveld yet either, there is no shame there.
I too shall do so, but when I feel like it and have the time to do so.

Mind has the biggest increase in cure potency compared to vit and healing magic.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15