Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » multiple accounts on xbox
multiple accounts on xbox
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-30 11:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

is it possible to have multiple accounts thru one gamertag on xbox or would each account require a different gamertag?
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-06-30 11:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Each account needs a different gamertag association
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-06-30 11:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do remember you dont need gold service to play ffxi so you can have several silver (free) gamertags for various ffxi accounts.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-30 11:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

okay next question. is a gold live subscription required? my gf is gonna start playing soon and she doesn't wanna play on pc, so if it does require gold then i'll switch to pc full time and put hers on xbox cuz i don't really wanna have to pay for another subscription. would i be able to unlink my account from my gamertag so that it could just be used for her account?

EDIT: i now see that i type too slow and my question was answered lol
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-06-30 11:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

no you dont need gold. you just need silver free.

if you did want to unlink it you have to call playonline and they'll ask for the first and last 4 numbers on the credit card of the account and they can do that for you.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-30 11:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

k, ty very much for the quick responses. i'll just set her up with a free one then and then set her up on pc that way i can dual-box too.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-06 14:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tairyoku said:
Instead of making a new thread, I guess I'll post my question here.

I have my friends hard drive in my Xbox360 and a small dinky memory card (253mb?) that came with the new Xbox360. The friend will be taking his hard drive with him, so I know I'll lose my games I've bought through the archade. (I assume)

My questions are-

1) When I get a new hard drive, will I still be able to use my old account/gamertag or will I have to create a new one? (I hope I don't have to get a new tag. I have my Content ID attached to my current one.)

2) Is there any way to transfer the games saved on the friends to a newly bought one?

3) Can I remove my account from the hard drive without canceling the account?

You can transfer your profile to the memory unit, I know that. And I'm sure you can transfer profile back off the card onto the new Hard Drive, too. As for the save games, think you would need that hard drive copy kit thing, I have zero experience with that, though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-06 15:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Tairyoku said:

I have my friends hard drive in my Xbox360 and a small dinky memory card (253mb?) that came with the new Xbox360. The friend will be taking his hard drive with him, so I know I'll lose my games I've bought through the archade. (I assume)

My questions are-

1) When I get a new hard drive, will I still be able to use my old account/gamertag or will I have to create a new one? (I hope I don't have to get a new tag. I have my Content ID attached to my current one.)

2) Is there any way to transfer the games saved on the friends to a newly bought one?

You can transfer your profile to the memory unit, I know that. And I'm sure you can transfer profile back off the card onto the new Hard Drive, too. As for the save games, think you would need that hard drive copy kit thing, I have zero experience with that, though.

Saved games as in Game Info or when ur burn the game to ur HD? cuz burned games are like 6Gb and way to much for a mem card, but Game Save Files u can yes and they are rather small generally
[+]
 Odin.Rues
Server: Odin
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2009-07-06 15:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tairyoku said:

My questions are-

You can use the account on any xbox

If you buy the 120gb HD it actually comes with a disk and a cable to transfer the stuff off of a old HD. I think it only works with the 120gb HD but haven't played with it although you can get drivers to reformat an xbox360 HD to use as an external SATA HD. The only problem is that XboxLive downloads are attached to the CONSOLE. They will work on another xbox only if you are connected to xbox live with the gamertag that bought them. No internet = no arcade games on a different xbox. The only way to transfer that is to send the xbox in for repairs and they send you a piece of paper saying to redownload all the arcade games and it will reset the console they are attached to.

If you go the the memory setting in the "My Xbox" list, there is a "Gamertags" section. Just delete or move it from there. You can recover the gamertag on a different xbox360 using the recover gamertag option as well. I actually just leave my gamertag on my friends xboxes so i don't have to transfer later. Just put a password on it so they can't log in.

A note on the the xbox360 HD transfer cable: It didn't work with FFXI. We had to reinstall it from scratch after we transferred HD's. That's because of Playonline's partition hack.

Wow that was long.
[+]
 Fairy.Winterlight
By Fairy.Winterlight 2009-07-06 15:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Having just recently gone through something similar... (My 360 died and I had to get it fixed, they sent back a different 360)

1) Yes - you can recover your gamertag from XBL
2) I'm assuming you mean FFXI? When Microsoft released the bigger hard drive there was a hard drive transfer kit that they offered for free. I'm not sure you can do that with FFXI though. When I got my new unit and put my old drive on it, Playonline wouldn't start. So I had to reinstall the entire game. Guess the FFXI installation is tied to the Xbox hardware somehow.
3) Yes - deleting the FFXI from the hard drive wont have an effect on your account
[+]