[Dev] Toggling The Effects Of Indi- Geomancy Spell

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » [Dev] Toggling the effects of Indi- Geomancy spell
[Dev] Toggling the effects of Indi- Geomancy spell
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-04-19 14:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

04-15-2013 07:10 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Sorry for the delay! Due to the special nature of geomancy spells’ effects, it took some time to check up on this.

We are currently working on making it so can toggle the effect of the Indi- geomancy spells ON/OFF. As long as there are no major issues, we are aiming to implement this feature during the version update, which is scheduled for the end of this month.
Subscribe

04-18-2013 06:21 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Harle said: »
What about geo- spells ... The luopan aura is just as sickening as the geomancer's ...

The Geo- spells are somewhat tricky due to the fact that they are treated as pets, so we would have to take a different approach to make graphical adjustments due to this special characteristic.

Delvish said: »
What about a half sphere, essentially cutting off the animation at ankle or knee height. This would give you the circle effect on the ground regardless of terrain, and give off the vision that the effects are being drawn from the earth.

While we can't promise anything, we will continue to look into ways to improve the geomancer's spell graphics and let you know once we have an update.
Subscribe

Other news that I haven't posted from being gone:
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-04-19 23:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of this:

[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-19 23:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui said:
Make your PC suck less

Outside of health issues involving vertigo, I can't believe people are actually complaining about this <_<
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-19 23:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Matsui said:
Make your PC suck less

Outside of health issues involving vertigo, I can't believe people are actually complaining about this <_<
^ this. The game is a billion years old, how are you still having issues with graphics?

Edit: I understand that some drivers have an issue with ffxi, but you can always install the older drivers.

If your PC can't support PS2 quality, then wtf, upgrade your video card/ram!
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-04-19 23:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

my PC has no issues with all 20 of them that were in the GoV party today, but it annoys the hell out of me looking at all of them. I want to filter them because they are damn annoying nothing more.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-20 00:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people play this game on a laptop >_>
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-04-20 00:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They destroy the aesthetics of the game, and for that matter, so do the VW rifts.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-20 00:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Some Laptops can be upgraded, no? Whaddup dude! :O

Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby said: »
They destroy the aesthetics of the game, and for that matter, so do the VW rifts.
My destructive nature is okay with this.
By Enuyasha 2013-04-20 01:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So um...why cant they be like avatars favor? Avatars dont create miasmas when they project their boons...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-20 01:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

A mage class with zero spell effects would be pretty dull.
[+]
By VioDjango 2013-04-20 01:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

My laptop, a 450 dollar laptop from Best Buy, can run this game and handle droves of Geomancers as long as the settings are within reason. Read: Anything less than 2048x2048.
By Otomis 2013-04-20 01:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui said:
Make your PC suck less

It is not about people having issues with graphics as much as making folks sick. No one I play with playing geo or run, but I have been in some PUGs with those jobs and the Swirling globes are obnoxious and make my head hurt as well over time.

The original petition for this was due to many becoming ill to their stomach's or getting headaches while playing the jobs. Anyhow, offering a toggle for it does not hurt anothers game play, so what does it matter?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-20 01:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
It is not about people having issues with graphics as much as making folks sick. No one I play with playing geo or run, but I have been in some PUGs with those jobs and the Swirling globes are obnoxious and make my head hurt as well over time.

The original petition for this was due to many becoming ill to their stomach's or getting headaches while playing the jobs. Anyhow, offering a toggle for it does not hurt anothers game play, so what does it matter?
It'll matter when no one knows or when anyone forgets how far they need to be from luopans, or how close they need to be to the GEO if they can't see the *** auras to get Geomancy buffs. All because the players need to have the auras out of plain sight to be able to play. It's going to really hurt GEO as far as potential usefulness in the future goes :\
By Otomis 2013-04-20 01:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll matter when no one knows how far they need to be from luopans, or how close they need to be from the GEO if they can't see the *** auras to get buffs. All because the players need to have the auras out of plain sight to be able to play. It's going to really hurt GEO as far as potential usefulness goes :\

Honestly it will probably just dumb down the auras, as stated in the petition thread making them just a circle on the ground or something. I am sure it wont wipe the screen clear of them at all. Also like any good brd or cor you learn the parameters of your buffs with out auras. and those playing with those jobs regularly do as well.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-20 02:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll matter when no one knows how far they need to be from luopans, or how close they need to be from the GEO if they can't see the *** auras to get buffs. All because the players need to have the auras out of plain sight to be able to play. It's going to really hurt GEO as far as potential usefulness goes :\

Honestly it will probably just dumb down the auras, as stated in the petition thread making them just a circle on the ground or something. I am sure it wont wipe the screen clear of them at all. Also like any good brd or cor you learn the parameters of your buffs with out auras. and those playing with those jobs regularly do as well.
shhhh

you're spoiling my plan of setting my expectations low about this issue
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-04-20 02:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just cant wait for the end of the month update when they add Indi-regain and indi-haste...cause i can dream man...
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-20 02:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
I just cant wait for the end of the month update when they add Indi-regain and indi-haste...cause i can dream man...
Regain is definitely confirmed, Haste i'm not sure about. Would kick *** if that happened, though.
 Sylph.Organic
Server: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-04-20 12:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
A mage class with zero spell effects would be pretty dull.

I'll be honest, I think this is a great point. More than anything else, it adds to GEOs liveliness in the world. The world needs depth and color and vibrancy in order to immerse yourself in it. The game needs to be more than just a random number generator, otherwise we should all just be playing with a pen and paper
 Sylph.Organic
Server: Sylph
user: Organic
By Sylph.Organic 2013-04-20 12:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Regain is definitely confirmed, Haste i'm not sure about. Would kick *** if that happened, though.

I don't think you can say it has been confirmed if all you are going by what was shown at vanafest. SE always adds the caveat that things may not appear as they are stated

For instance, they referred to Cardinal Chant as Polarity
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-20 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The cool thing about effect options is that they are options. If you don't experience FPS drops from aura effects, then you can just...you know...keep the option turned on.
[+]
 Asura.Vishna
Server: Asura
user: Decadence
By Asura.Vishna 2013-04-20 12:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

"People casting magic and summoner's bringing their avatar's out lags my PC from 1999 out. Can we remove magic and summoner's from the game?" - A lot of people apparently.
[+]