Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Blood Pact Questions
Blood Pact Questions
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2013-04-17 17:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings fellow summoners! I have a few questions about Blood Pacts:

1) When I swap to my BP - Physical gear, should I be using any particular stave? I've had my eyes on a magian stave which gives Pet: Attack +26. Would this be any good or should I use something else?

2) Similar to question #1, would it be worthwhile making a Pet: Magic Accuracy +22 stave for any debuffing ward such as Tidal Roar, or even Shock Squall?

3) Apart from the Esper Earring, what else should I use in my other earring slot for any damaging blood pacts?

Thank you!
By Gimp 2013-04-17 17:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Fay Crozier Augments < Soul Scourge < Pet Attack Magian, I don't know of a better stave for just physical bp that's out atm. Checking the magian staves I can't see much else there's the acc version you may want to consider if you try to use multi hit bps on higher end mobs, generally you benefit more from accuracy than attack for multihits because hits often miss due to how how much less a difference in what pets can stack vs what players can.

2. Again depends on target, I would lean towards no but maybe applicable for legion(? I'm not sure since I don't do legion someone else has to chip in here). I really don't have resist issues with most avatar debuffs on most targets.

3. Gifted Earring for set bonus proc from caller's, Summoning earring, Augmented Pet attack earrings from mini story lines(don't know which), etc. are some good options.

Gifted earring is probably best inslot to use with the Esper Earring.
By Alpheus 2013-04-17 18:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the recent Atk/DEF changes I would like to think an argument can be made for Tidal Roar since its a -25% Atk debuff however due to inventory constraints I porter moogled my SMN gear and muled the rest so I haven't played SMN as much as I would like to to find out the practicality of Tidal Roar.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-04-17 18:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
1. Fay Crozier Augments > Soul Scourge > Pet Attack Magian, I don't know of a better stave for just physical bp that's out atm. Checking the magian staves I can't see much else there's the acc version you may want to consider if you try to use multi hit bps on higher end mobs, generally you benefit more from accuracy than attack for multihits because hits often miss due to how how much less a difference in what pets can stack vs what players can.

3. Gifted Earring for set bonus proc from caller's, Summoning earring, Augmented Pet attack earrings from mini story lines(don't know which), etc. are some good options.

Gifted earring is probably best inslot to use with the Esper Earring.

1. I think you have that backwards. Should be Fay Crozier < Soul Scourge < Magian. I believe that's what you meant but had greater than instead of less than.
Outside of Nirvana Aftermath, you're correct as that's pretty much all there is.

3. +Bloodboon does not effect the proc rate on SMN empyrean. Likewise, +Triple Attack does not effect THF, etc. It remains a flat rate. While you will proc blood boon more with gear, you will still only proc the augmented blood boon X percent of the time (depending on gear). BG wiki lists a source on the caller's attire +2 page.

And to the OP:

2. Usually those land no problem but there are a few enemies that can evade them a bit (particularly annoying for shock squall, e.g. Diabolos Mega Boss in Dynamis evades it often). I would say if you get into content where they aren't landing (and your skill is capped) consistently, consider making one. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.
By Gimp 2013-04-17 20:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I see and that's what i meant I'll edit that and thank you for the clarification