Graphic Problem (Help Me Out!)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Graphic Problem (Help me out!)
Graphic Problem (Help me out!)
 Lakshmi.Chonix
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: chonix
By Lakshmi.Chonix 2009-06-29 08:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My graphics turn into wireframe after a while of playing final fantasy or any other program which uses wireframe. its NVIDIA GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i on board. Anyone know why? ive updated drivers and direct x but it still happens
 Lakshmi.Chonix
Server: Lakshmi
user: chonix
By Lakshmi.Chonix 2009-06-29 09:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/Chryses999/?action=view&current=Graphics.jpg
 Garuda.Shizukat
Server: Garuda
user: Shizukat
By Garuda.Shizukat 2009-07-01 05:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If your drivers and DirectX are indeed updated, I'm guessing there is something wrong with your hardware that start when it gets a bit too hot.
Just guessing, but I'm probably not too far off
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-07-01 07:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shizukat said:
If your drivers and DirectX are indeed updated, I'm guessing there is something wrong with your hardware that start when it gets a bit too hot.
Just guessing, but I'm probably not too far off
That's my best guess. If the textures are all fine at one point and only do what you've shown in the SS over time, I can't really think of anything else besides heat. Using the eraser-end of a pencil to swab some dust out and making sure your PC is ventilated might make a world of difference. Total guess, though. D;

Running Malwarebytes and an AV scan might not hurt either, but that's a given in any situation. Could be as simple as your CPU and/or GPU having to run at full clock constantly and producing heat in the case or a fan being dead, but in that case you'd notice random shutdowns as well. Random problems are random. :/ lol
 Remora.Eireamhon
Server: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-07-01 17:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Chonix said:
My graphics turn into wireframe after a while of playing final fantasy or any other program which uses wireframe. its NVIDIA GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i on board. Anyone know why? ive updated drivers and direct x but it still happens

Did you run any other updates from let's say M$ lately? They will sometimes throw hardware updates in with others and I have seem them bring cards to their knees.

And I will agree with Shizukat and Caiyuo with heat. Can you see or hear your fan running on the GPU heatsink? Do you notice any other strange things happening to the PC like if you watch DVDs or .wav, .mov, .avi(s)? If you notice anything else causing your PC to act strange sans vid. card, it could also be the PSU.

Do you see it happen with any other games? Could be a corrupted file in FFXI as well. If your playing something more graphics intensive like Crysis and Crysis runs fine, may have the "lucky" and I say that cause you don't need to fork out cash for another vid card but, you will have to spend the time re-installing FF. If it IS FF, just remember to save your macros! Nothing like having to redo those f'ing things all over again. lol XD