Geomancer Glitches (2 Listed)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Geomancer glitches (2 listed)
Geomancer glitches (2 listed)
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 04:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I noticed two weird glitches or rather unintentional things happening while playing Geomancer with a friend.

1) Cast Geo-Poison on an enemy and defeat it. Then deactivate the Luapon with Full Circle. If a party member is nearby when you do this, he or she will be temporarily poisoned. Depending on whether or not Bolster or Ecliptic Attrition was active before you deactivated it, the poison/tic is different. I have seen 1, 2 but recently even 6/tic (since Bolster was on). The poison lasts for about 3 seconds, but it's still a problem in certain situations.

*** This is not a glitch, as it turns out this is the desired effect for using Full Circle. ***
2) I only noticed this recently but whenever I deactivate a nearly-full Luapon, I get some MP back. I don't know if this is an actual trait or not, but I can't find it on any JA or trait description in-game or on the wiki.

And here's a useful tip for you guys who need some skill+ :

If you have an adventuring fellow of your level, it's actually faster to cast Geo- spells on them. You can't target them, so you have to type the commands manually or just make a macro. Almost every time I casted Geo-Voidance or Geo-Precision on my NPC, I got a skill+.

I hope this post is helpful for any other Geomancer out there or anyone who's interested.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 05:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I forgot to mention that adventuring fellows do NOT recieve any benefits from the Geo- or Indi- spells. At least not the regen and refresh ones; I can't tell if it works with any status enhancers like Fury or Voidance.
By Eijii 2013-04-14 07:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

While going to Paradox is a neat way to skill up.. I can tell you that it will be crowded and full of skill up bots.. which = Good chance for haters to GM people in there for botting.. and yeah there goes half the Geomancer population...

My suggestion = Build a good refresh set and have Geo-refresh always on while you spam Indi spells(Poison, Precision, Voidance and maybe Regen)
and go visit White Gate, Grab some skill up food and grab a sanction and pick "Food Duration" now you have 2 stack worth of food since your 30min food will last for 1hr or whatever time it extends it to. Skill up food is expensive... use it right! :D
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-14 07:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Another glitch:
Level sync does not remove Indi/Geo spells that have already been cast.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 12:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Eijii said: »
While going to Paradox is a neat way to skill up.. I can tell you that it will be crowded and full of skill up bots.. which = Good chance for haters to GM people in there for botting.. and yeah there goes half the Geomancer population...

My suggestion = Build a good refresh set and have Geo-refresh always on while you spam Indi spells(Poison, Precision, Voidance and maybe Regen)
and go visit White Gate, Grab some skill up food and grab a sanction and pick "Food Duration" now you have 2 stack worth of food since your 30min food will last for 1hr or whatever time it extends it to. Skill up food is expensive... use it right! :D

I really like the Whitegate idea! If we could summon adventuring fellows in Aht Urgahn areas then it would be the best thing ever. Still, when my NPC has to leave and I have skill+ left I'll be sure to try this out! =)
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 12:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Another glitch:
Level sync does not remove Indi/Geo spells that have already been cast.

Really? Oh that's pretty bad...
Indi spells last quite a while so this can be exploited greatly.
You could also drop a Geo spell on someone and amplify it (so that it lasts longer) first before synching...
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-14 12:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »

I really like the Whitegate idea! If we could summon adventuring fellows in Aht Urgahn areas then it would be the best thing ever. Still, when my NPC has to leave and I have skill+ left I'll be sure to try this out! =)
You can call your Fellow in Aht Urgahn areas. They added that a while ago.
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-14 12:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Another one that me and my friends came across the other night, Geomancy apparently never made it to the magic restriction list in salvage. My friend, who came geo just to try it out was able to use geomancy right from floor 1. He thought he may have just gotten spellcasting without noticing, but when he tried to nuke, he found elemental and dark magic still restricted.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 12:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »

You can call your Fellow in Aht Urgahn areas. They added that a while ago.

You... can? o_o''
Wow I must have missed that completely.
Guess I'll go skill+ in aht urgahn next time ^^
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 13:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
Another one that me and my friends came across the other night, Geomancy apparently never made it to the magic restriction list in salvage. My friend, who came geo just to try it out was able to use geomancy right from floor 1. He thought he may have just gotten spellcasting without noticing, but when he tried to nuke, he found elemental and dark magic still restricted.

Seems like SE needs to take a long and hard look at the Geomancy spells and it's effects in multiple areas. They may have rushed out the job a bit too soon?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 15:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My Geomancer isn't high enough yet, but can anyone test if the glitch with Geo-Poison also works with Geo-Slow or a other similar debuff spells? Maybe they transfer to nearby party members as well...
 Fenrir.Sumy
user: Sumy
By Fenrir.Sumy 2013-04-14 15:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

After Equipping Twilight Cloak, GEO still does not have access to Impact.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-14 15:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're deactivating the Luopan with Full Circle and getting MP back that's not a glitch since it's supposed to do that (hence the name)
 Asura.Kajira
Server: Asura
user: kajira
By Asura.Kajira 2013-04-14 15:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My Geomancer isn't high enough yet, but can anyone test if the glitch with Geo-Poison also works with Geo-Slow or a other similar debuff spells? Maybe they transfer to nearby party members as well...

I was in a party with a GEO and everytime he debuffed the mob I got the same debuff. Slow, para, poison etc
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-14 16:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE hasn't done anything about magic spamming ever since Shinryu fight came along, they won't do anything about it now.

as for OP, That's not a bad idea
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2013-04-14 16:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

which = Good chance for haters to GM people in there for botting..

I'm confused as to why you think reporting someone for blatantly violating the ToS makes them a "hater"
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-04-14 16:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

People whine about gimp skills, then they whine when people use scripts to skill up. There is no way to make everyone happy. Haters gunna hate.
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2013-04-14 18:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2) I only noticed this recently but whenever I deactivate a nearly-full Luapon, I get some MP back. I don't know if this is an actual trait or not, but I can't find it on any JA or trait description in-game or on the wiki.
This is an effect of Full Circle, not a glitch. The MP return is based on the remaining HP of the luopan.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 18:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kajira said: »

I was in a party with a GEO and everytime he debuffed the mob I got the same debuff. Slow, para, poison etc

Okay, thanks for the comment =)
Now where would I go best to tell SE about this issue? I know it's only a few seconds, but it can mess you up. Mainly being paralyzed a few seconds (without realizing it) and it blocks an important JA for example.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-14 18:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylow said:
If you're deactivating the Luopan with Full Circle and getting MP back that's not a glitch since it's supposed to do that (hence the name)

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
Quote:
This is an effect of Full Circle, not a glitch. The MP return is based on the remaining HP of the luopan.

Well, I wasn't aware of that. It's not in the JA description though, so I was confused. I'll correct my first post. Thanks for the heads-up!
 Sylph.Leafe
Server: Sylph
user: Leafe
By Sylph.Leafe 2013-04-14 18:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The other day I was working on skill-ups for my GEO in The Boyahda Tree with my Adventuring Fellow, and I noticed something kind of strange. If I had my luopan out and my Adventuring Fellow were to walk into it, he would actually nudge the luopan a bit in the direction he was going instead of moving through/around it. By playing around with it a bit, I was able to get my Adventuring Fellow to move the luopan to a completely different spot without needing to use Full Circle & recasting.

It was an interesting discovery for me, but definitely seemed like a glitch. Anyone else encounter this/able to confirm it?
 Asura.Kajira
Server: Asura
user: kajira
By Asura.Kajira 2013-04-14 19:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Now where would I go best to tell SE about this issue? I know it's only a few seconds, but it can mess you up. Mainly being paralyzed a few seconds (without realizing it) and it blocks an important JA for example.

I placed a GM call and got a written response thanking me but telling me it "didn't affect me" so to have the geomancer place the support call. I don't know if he did or not. We laughed about it though. SE didn't seem too concerned.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-15 03:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Leafe said: »
The other day I was working on skill-ups for my GEO in The Boyahda Tree with my Adventuring Fellow, and I noticed something kind of strange. If I had my luopan out and my Adventuring Fellow were to walk into it, he would actually nudge the luopan a bit in the direction he was going instead of moving through/around it. By playing around with it a bit, I was able to get my Adventuring Fellow to move the luopan to a completely different spot without needing to use Full Circle & recasting.

It was an interesting discovery for me, but definitely seemed like a glitch. Anyone else encounter this/able to confirm it?

Yes, I noticed this too. Adventuring fellows and Luopans just don't mix...
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-15 03:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I placed a GM call and got a written response thanking me but telling me it "didn't affect me" so to have the geomancer place the support call. I don't know if he did or not. We laughed about it though. SE didn't seem too concerned.

Gah... -.-
The Geomancer itself isn't affected by the aftermath of deactivating a Luapon, so technically it's not their fault, right? Still, I hope SE fixes this or at least mentions it. I'd laugh if this is actually the desired effect (and not a glitch) <.<;
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2013-04-15 13:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

the bug with poison needs to be addressed, because it would be technically possible to PK near-death players with it.
 Cerberus.Zyph
Server: Cerberus
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2013-04-15 13:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

the bug with poison needs to be addressed, because it would be technically possible to PK near-death players with it.

Which would be hilarious, actually.

I can't see it being used for too many spiteful shenanigans because you have to be in the same party to get hit by it, but it needs to be fixed nonetheless.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-16 03:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zyph said: »

Which would be hilarious, actually.

I can't see it being used for too many spiteful shenanigans because you have to be in the same party to get hit by it, but it needs to be fixed nonetheless.

Turns out this glitch works for ALL Geo type spells that induce a negative effect on an enemy. This means poison, slow, para but also the -evasion and similar ones.

I'd like to push this under SE's nose. Do I have to make an account on the official forums first before I can post it there? Can't I just contact them through POL or something? :/
By Elwynbelwyn 2013-04-16 07:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

After I burned my GEO 75 to 99 in aby, I had like 16-20 hours or so of time. So I made a 5-spell macro (6th line was a call4) and spammed it whenever I could during that time. (I took breaks for sleep and to run an alt in Besieged) I got up to around 150 before aby time ran out, then (with my 3 refresh gear I already had) I got to 200 outside in lowbie LaTheine. That 200th point of geomancy was a ***, I got 3 handbell during that time.

Quote:
go visit White Gate, Grab some skill up food and grab a sanction and pick "Food Duration" now you have 2 stack worth of food since your 30min food will last for 1hr or whatever time it extends it to. Skill up food is expensive... use it right! :D
Or better yet, go to a WoTG area, and get Sigil with BOTH refresh and food duration buffs. Got to try the Geo- on my <ft> thing now.

EDIT: It's not working very well, probably because my NPC is only level 70. But the strange thing is that my NPC does _NOT_ like the loupan! Wherever it appears, she wants to be on the opposite side of me from it. Sometimes she'll even walk in a circle around me to get away from it.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2013-04-22 23:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a glitch I discovered yesterday evening and reported it today.

GEO can cast Geomancy spells in Salvage while the magic restriction on you is still active.

I was GEO/RDM and immediately able to cast Indi-Regen and Geo-STR on the DD. Tried stuff from /RDM, no go.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-04-22 23:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you skillup off stationary status-spewing targets in SoA areas?
First Page 2