Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Arch Apocalyptic Beast
Arch Apocalyptic Beast
By Gimp 2013-04-11 12:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Any advice on how to tag this?

Thinking Blu (stungun), good DD, double bards, and sch since it seems to be somewhat like Arch golem as bg wiki describes without the pdt issue of course.
 Cerberus.Cleverness
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Cleverness 2013-04-14 08:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I did him sorta recently and he actually resists BLU stun. The NQ version did as well so we assumed it was just a thing to do with him(the other Arch bosses to build the popset did not resist BLU stun in the slightest so some of us assumed it just had to be that specific NM). Just make sure you have weakness items for the Arch boss and it shouldn't be too bad
By Gimp 2013-04-14 10:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I see.I wasn't aware the weakness triggers could be used on the hq also. Nq zone boss shouldn't resist stun unless he was spamming it too much, it was very easy to stun at 75 in old school dyna formatIon.

Android auto corre. *** YOU I THOUGHT I DISABLE YOU
No
 Cerberus.Cleverness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cleverness 2013-04-14 16:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and another BLU tried stunning NQ and it wasn't really landing so idk. We got it to land on the HQ versions of the Arch Apocalyptic Beast pop item NMs so we just assumed they made it immune or heavily resistant when they converted to Neo Dynamis(other BLU apparently had some success doing it under 2hr but not for nearly the same duration). We stunned the Arch Valk boss with no problems, stun landed fine, so just assuming it's something with Arch Apoc Beast. Couldn't really confirm with anyone else since he's rarely done, and his loot is lackluster as it is(ring is good for Req. set maybe)

And yes the weakness triggers work, the CoP Arch bosses aren't done much to have it noted on wikis but we noticed it clearly when doing Arch Qufim boss. We farmed a set of weakness triggers just incase since farming the popset for him was a chore(mostly the Arch Golem NM), and it was obvious he still had the ridiculous Regen upon popping until it was removed. Used all the weakness triggers and he was easy.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-14 17:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The weakening items prevent his tp moves from being used instantly. On the NQ, they 'lock' his moves; on the HQ they simply increase the readying time, which is absolutely essential. Heavy strike and body slam will one-shot any mage in range (and the range is huge) so they 'need' to be stunned. We won with BRD BLU WAR SCH WHM. We had THF but I believe they died from body slam early on. /NIN is a good idea, just to be safe. Could also bring SMN to be safe, but if you're going with 5-6 you might not kill it in time.

SCH/BLM uses rasa + embrava + regular buffs, and then stuns every tp move.