users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Question about Blood Pact Ability Delay
Question about Blood Pact Ability Delay
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2013-04-09 00:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is about SMN. I'm looking into gearing the job soon and so far my favorite gear set is the full relic +2 (augmented) set from dynamis. The only problem im having is with the -24 Blood Pact Delay granted from the cumulative total of all pieces in the set. Wiki says the hard cap is -15 secs. Is this really the case? I just would like to hear from some summoners before I start collecting this set.
 Odin.Acacia
Server: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2013-04-09 01:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the cap is -15 seconds.
By Areayea 2013-04-09 02:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it is... I don't worry anymore about 2 things... perp- cost (used to be a huge problem... now it's not at all X.X); and blood pact timers... if you have decent gear... unless you're purposefully resisting putting on -perp/-bp timer then it's EASY as hell to cap both of those. there is a very big misconception that trial staffs go over the cap... that's not true... sorry if I'm going off in a tangent but basically... yes perp cost - and blood pact - timers cap. just so ya know ;)
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2013-04-10 16:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So - perp. costs can totally cancel out the cost of avatars at 99 right, or is there a cap to this as well?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-10 16:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If memory serves me right, the lowest you can get perp cost down to is 1mp/tick, Auto-Refresh will take care of it after that though, giving you positive MP gain
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-10 16:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpstix said: »
So - perp. costs can totally cancel out the cost of avatars at 99 right, or is there a cap to this as well?
No, the avatar will always cost at least 1mp cant get it lower than that.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-04-17 18:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify:

Gear and Avatar's Favor can lower perpetuation down to a minimum of 1 mp/tick. Once it hits 1 mp/tick, further -perpetuation gear does nothing. It remains 1 mp/tick.

Auto Refresh's 1 mp/tick gain will be consumed by that, which will give an avatar with 0 perpetuation cost. When you get Auto-Refresh II (2 mp/tick) you will now gain 1 mp/tick while an avatar is out.

Refresh gear (and effects like the spell and ballad) stacks on top of it. If you haven't capped -perpetuation, refresh simply acts as -perpetuation. If you have, it is simply added to total refresh.

Titan, Ramuh, Garuda, Leviathan, Shiva, Ifrit, and Diabolos all cost 15/tick perpetuation at 99. Fenrir costs 13, and Carbuncle is 11.
Avatar's favor lowers the damage (physical and magical) your avatar does quite noticeably and resets when you bloodpact anyways, so I avoid using it (wish they would change this...)
So you want to shoot for -14 perpetuation cost if you can, and add some refresh on top of that.

Ultimately (if you don't have something shiny and rare like Nirvana) you will want to make a Magian Staff for Avatars you use a lot (e.g. Shiva, Garuda, Ramuh). This is -7/tick
Evoker's Ring is a staple, it has -1/tick (8 total)
Caller's Doublet +2 has -4/tick (12 total)
Caller's Pigaches +2 has -3/tick (15 total, 1 past cap)

Auto-Refresh 2 eats the 1/tick perpetuation, and you have 1/tick with your avatar out.
You can add in something like Nares trews for an additional 1/tick (2/tick refresh)
Caller's Horn+2 for additional 2/tick (4/tick refresh)
Swap Caller's Pigaches +2 around with Adhara gages (-2 perpetuation) and serpentes set (hands/feet) for an additional 1/tick (5/tick refresh)
Moonshade earring if you are strictly mages and don't have a tp bonus earring 1/tick (6/tick refresh)

Still a few other options as well. If you don't have Adhara gages but have the other stuff, sitting on -15 perpetuation you can swap Caller's Doublet +2 for Summoner's Double +2 during perpetuation (-14, still capped), as the +crit will benefit your avatar auto-attack more.
[+]