What Trial Clubs (If Any) Can GEO Wear?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » What Trial Clubs (If any) can GEO wear?
What Trial Clubs (If any) can GEO wear?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-08 19:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Title is the question.
 Cerberus.Corphish
Server: Cerberus
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-08 20:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A quick glance at my existing DD clubs seem to indicate they can equip all wand-type weapons from Magian (elemental, etc.) as well as the weaponskill altering shellbuster class clubs.

They are, however, missing on the Tahtib weapon paths (OAT, DA, OA2-4) as well as the Empyrean itself, so they probably can't equip the NQ WoE one either.

[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-04-09 06:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one of those is actually worth making?

Does the magian weapon of choice change depending on whether you use hexa or realmrazer?
How badly needed is the tp bonus club for extra acc on realmrazer if you are actually bothering to melee on geo?

Str magian looks like a joke option compared to lv99 Ukaldi w/ 10% ws damage + 16 more base damage.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
Server: Carbuncle
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-04-09 07:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Does the magian weapon of choice change depending on whether you use hexa or realmrazer?
How badly needed is the tp bonus club for extra acc on realmrazer if you are actually bothering to melee on geo?

Str magian looks like a joke option compared to lv99 Ukaldi w/ 10% ws damage + 16 more base damage.

This is speaking from the perspective of a WHM, who shares a similar skill level.

You don't really need ACC on anything as a WHM, so I imagine it would be a similar story on GEO. I pop Pizza while in SoA zones, and if you truly need ACC, you might as well run with a DEX off hand to help boost that accuracy number slightly. Anything else that isn't a level 120 mob, GEO shouldn't have too many issues with it (I crack 95% Accuracy and no ACC food on Qilin, but that's VW, I haven't tried to fight anything similar outside of VW).

TP Bonus Club is nice, but given the delay factor, the differences between that and a STR club aren't as pronounced. Your WS numbers will suffer slightly because of the damage difference but on a 100% modded WS it won't be as bad since the majority of your D rating will come from your gear at that point in time. It may make more sense to use a TP Bonus Club in Abyssea while spamming Hexa Strike as the additional Crit can be beneficial.

I personally would build PDT, STR, and DEX as they all have applications. PDT + Genbu's for front line support and helping out with the PDT category. STR is just a general nice off hand (especially since GEO can't use KClub if you happen to own one) and DEX has niche uses, especially in current SoA areas.

Just bear in mind that building for GEO melee will be more difficult than building for WHM melee as WHM has a few pieces of specialized gear that excels in this category. Though given GEO has access to certain pieces of gear related to nuking classes, that might balance out in their regard (Staff for Shattersoul / Cataclysm comes to mind)
[+]
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-09 10:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

From a DD WHM's perspective, I use all my clubs in this game of situations.

I don't really change clubs for Realm or Hexa, but my loadout does (or will, since I'm still working on TP bonus club :P) change for Dagan or Mystic Boon. I'm assuming GEO doesn't get either of these, so WS DMG should be a solid option for the time being, until they get a Mystic club or something.

The STR club shouldn't be overlooked. It makes for a fantastic offhand.

Of course this all really depends on what SE throws at us in the next couple of months, with all these super base damage weapons popping up... there might be better options on the horizon. We will have to wait and see what gear SE will make for the GEOs with an interest in melee.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-04-09 10:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatives to the Magian Paths:
[+]
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-09 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed. Best to snag these and wait for better options.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-09 11:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I take it GEO can't use Hexa Strike? There's no info on the wiki yet, but GEO does have a B+ in club so I'm curious...
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-09 11:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My vote goes to PDT/MDB clubs paired with a Genbu shield to stick 2 debuffs on mob or if you're debuffing + buffing DD. Mob AoE moves won't be anything to worry about if geared properly. Can be right up in the action to cast your -ra spells as well this way.

Edit: Geo is on hexa
 Cerberus.Corphish
By Cerberus.Corphish 2013-04-09 16:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just having a conversation with some LS mates. As far as gear goes, I dunno, maybe the Morrigan Set+1 has some nice melee options. They're also on Realmrazer, so a good MND set could be nice. That said, I was just looking at the WS Merit Category...

Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-04-09 16:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Your TP set for GEO is gonna be very narrow thanks to not having access to Blessed equipment. zelus tiara + Ninurta's sash + savateur's gaiters + Fea's cuffs + rubeus spats + shedir manteel = Haste cap. I believe at this time that's the only combination of gear that will get you to Haste cap while meleeing (please correct if I'm wrong).

I will second Corphish that a lot of Morrigan's gear would make great WS pieces for GEO that WHM wouldn't really have access too, especially since the majority of pieces have some combination of STR, Accuracy, and MND. In fact, I'd imagine 3/5 pieces (Head, Body, and Feet) for Morri would be great Realmrazer pieces over some of the WHM options. I'd personally need to do a bit more research on other types of 'nuking' gear GEO has access to that may have DD stats. I'm tempted to say GEO was put onto select RDM-style pieces as well, which may help them out in that department.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-09 16:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're shooting just for haste cap there are other options as well. Goliard instead of Shedir for one.

Could do:

rubeus spats (3), Bendis's hairpin (6), Fea's cuffs (3), hedera cotehardie (5), sasah wand +1 (2), veikr pumps (2), goading belt (5) for 26%.

Then you could of course mix and match gear I listed and gear you listed to make an entirely different set as well.

I believe someone mentioned that you can swap the bell with an ammo as well without losing TP? If so then you could use hasty pinion also.

Edit: And your set actually only has 25%, to fully cap haste it needs to be 26% since it's some wonky decimal.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-09 16:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't looked to see if newer gear options post-Adoulin changed anything, but when I compared club combos for WHM, STR/STR came out near the top, with the only better options being combinations that involved Mjollnir and/or Kraken club (and I believe this was true regardless of whether or not you were using Hexa or Realmrazer). Why this is the case:

1) You're taking advantage of a better part of the TP per hit/Delay curve. This is why THF generally stayed away from Harpe-type weapons at 75.

2) WHM (and GEO) both have really horrid attack, making the percent increase from these clubs much more valuable than, say, a STR GS on a DRK.

3) A large portion of either WS's base damage is coming from their WSC, rather than the weapons themselves.

4) The STR on the clubs increases their effective base damage, via fSTR.

However, do keep in mind that a STR magian is ONLY a good mainhand if you are offhanding a second STR magian.
 Phoenix.Warusha
Server: Phoenix
user: Serithus
By Phoenix.Warusha 2013-04-09 17:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Spurrina Nails give 3% haste on feet.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-09 17:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Good catch, totally forgot about Augmentables.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-04-09 18:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yar, I think my general broad statement for only haste set a GEO can reach cap with is incredibly wrong. Ah well.

I will say that the set I have posted should be one of the best TP sets you can build however. You can make concessions in other slots, but it's hard to beat out some of the options there.

I like the idea of sasah wand +1 as GEOs club selection is fairly underwhelming at this time, but that will most likely change in the future. I would personally go moepapa mace + STR ToM offhand if I were to melee.