ADL Since The Update?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » ADL since the update?
ADL since the update?
First Page 2
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-04 08:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the ADL fight since the update???? Any new strategy's?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-04-04 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO x18 capped skill Indi-Poison
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-04-04 10:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We kill just fine. Same strategy really. We just try to prolong PD on smns to about 70% (because we take him down fast before split) right before he splits. Can't stress Shock squall enough.

BRDs rotate songs. We still use SCH mainly for embrava, regen V, Adloquiem, etc. DDs buff and kill. We have CORs for reset as usual. Only thing really missing was the regain aspect from Embrava but it seems it's not hurting us. Average 4 ADLs a night. Was doing 6 before the nerf.
 Leviathan.Egonn
Server: Leviathan
user: Egonn
By Leviathan.Egonn 2013-04-04 10:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
GEO x18 capped skill Indi-Poison

Lol wut?

Same as old strategy just use marches if you need to.
By Ophannus 2013-04-04 10:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 3 successful ADLs yesterday.

1) BRD rotation/COR rolls, 1 SMN in each DD party, pop Astral Flow at start, don't use Alex yet.
2) We had a SCH/BLM Stun TP moves for the first 60%(Think ADL is limited to only Transfusion/Manastrom pre-split, I didn't see any TP moves other than that, and stunning Breakga. DDs need Elshima Pachira Fruit or Poison pots for Sleepga.

3) Pop Alex at ~50-65% or so, should give you ~40-48s to kill him. The good thing about popping at 50-65% is that even if you screw up and pick the wrong ADL, you should still have a good 15-25 seconds to kill the straggler.

Also after the SMN pop Alex at the 50-65% mark they should gtfo, convert and cure up+get Ramuh out for Shocksqualling. The SCH/BLM stuns are helpful because you don't want a Manastrom to go off as the SMNs are running in to PD otherwise they'll take a 300-400 damage hit to their MP.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-04-04 10:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

3 DDs (sam, war, war - all extremely well geared), thf, cor rolls and 99 Daurdabla buffs, shock squall at pop, PD at around 80%. No embrava. Only thing that will wipe us is if we pick the wrong clone after first split, and he decides to do an early 2nd split, which unfortunately does happen sometimes.

Ophannus said: »
3) Pop Alex at ~50-65% or so, should give you ~40-48s to kill him. The good thing about popping at 50-65% is that even if you screw up and pick the wrong ADL, you should still have a good 15-25 seconds to kill the straggler.

What do you do if he decides to split before you get PD off - because I've seen him split as early as around 65ish %.
By Ophannus 2013-04-04 10:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Pop PD at 50-65% that way you'll be able to have PD coverage for the 2nd clone. Don't need PD at all pre-split as the only TP moves he can use are Transfusion(AoE drain) and Manastrom(AoE Aspir), a SCH/BLM with full recast/FC gear and Haste on can Alacrity Stunx4-5 on TP moves with 4s recast until PD time. Only need 2 PDs, one for each DD pt, the 3rd SMN for Shocksquall right after split if needed. With haste and marches, Embrava is virtually pointless except for the regen.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-04-04 10:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Pop PD at 50-65% that way you'll be able to have PD coverage for the 2nd clone. Don't need PD at all pre-split as the only TP moves he can use are Transfusion(AoE drain) and Manastrom(AoE Aspir), a SCH/BLM with full recast/FC gear and Haste on can Alacrity Stunx4-5 on TP moves with 4s recast until PD time. Only need 2 PDs, one for each DD pt, the 3rd SMN for Shocksquall right after split if needed. With haste and marches, Embrava is virtually pointless except for the regen.

Not sure if you understood what I meant - we kill the 2nd clone just fine before or just around when PD wears off, however sometimes that 2nd clone does an early split and that's when we're screwed.

We also don't have a second DD party, we have 3 DDs and a thf, that's it. No need for two PDs each pop.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-04-04 10:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need PD at all pre-split a SCH/BLM with full recast/FC gear and Haste on can Alacrity Stunx4-5 on TP moves with 4s recast until PD time. Only need 2 PDs, one for each DD pt

How many people are you bringing for how many pop / run ?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-04 11:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks that's great to know are drks/sam since no super regain or war?
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-04-04 11:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what - no PD pre-split? Eating double Oblivion Smash without? That will kill the smn that's supposed to PD.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 11:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

'only need 2 pds' -best selling point of any adl strat
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-04-04 11:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Wait what - no PD pre-split? Eating double Oblivion Smash without? That will kill the smn that's supposed to PD.
That has happened to us a few times that's why I suggested 70% instead of the ideal 50-55%. We take him down fast anyhow and you have to take into account the animation time to cast Alex. That way, PD would be on right before if not exactly when he splits.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-04-04 11:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We have done ADL pre-nerf w/o PD before and killed successfully. It wasn't by choice though when it happened because SMNs either died cuz we waited too long to get PD off (to maximize time) or just got interrupted.

Good stuns will save you though. But with ADL it's always a luck factor in getting the right clone.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volgin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Volgin 2013-04-04 11:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs PD anymore?
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-04-04 11:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Might not "need" it, but why not use it when it increases your chances of success.
[+]
By Landonfenrir 2013-04-04 11:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

our LS went 3/4 this last monday and it seemed pretty easy. in fact 2/3 times we won we chose the wrong clone and still beat it. To us it felt like he takes a bit longer to split a second time than before. which helped us a bit, but it could have just been random though. we could have won the 4th time but our main assist lagged and took too long choosing after split. we still did PD at start and it didn't seem to change the fight. we have a solid dd group with the usual buffs cor/brd/embrava, also ramuh stun is a must as well. so i wouldn't worry as i said it felt like they nerfed him a bit so it seemed to even itself out. hope this helps!
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-04-04 11:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to try a sch stun choir last night instead of PD/squall. We went 2/3 (wrong clone becomes pretty risky this way). I think we'll go back to PD/squall but the stun choir wasn't terrible.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-04-04 12:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Decided to try a sch stun choir last night instead of PD/squall. We went 2/3 (wrong clone becomes pretty risky this way). I think we'll go back to PD/squall but the stun choir wasn't terrible.
I was actually considering this. Thanks for the input. Ultimately, PD would always be preferred if provided but always nice to see alternatives without it.

I would think 2 well geared SCHs can duo stun ADL fine just like PW. We might try it. Thanks.
By Shabba 2013-04-04 12:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

because ppl spend time to upgrade there relics to 99 anymore since the release of the new weapons!!!? lol :P
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 12:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i hate to break it to you, guy-who-has-no-99-weapons, but most of the new weapons are still inferior to relics and it's extremely unlikely they'll just be handed out like candy

its very possible they'll be pulse-tier drops from naakual reive
[+]
By Shabba 2013-04-04 12:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

so why everyone whine about these new High damage weapons.....?

EDIT: asking cause i don't have a 99R/M/E!!!!!

PS: Tamoa, me love your avatar!!!
 Asura.Yomisha
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-04-04 12:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

<.< It's almost like there's a thread to ask random FFXI related questions in.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 12:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

At a quick glance, h2h is the only one that outright beats a relic.

Of course people will react when new things come out that stand to outdate their hard-earned relics. That's what it is, a knee-jerk reaction. Personally, I just hope they aren't something as stupid as pulse weapons in a free kill area. It'd be a bit insulting to take a coordinated group to do naakual only to have a perle BST(karyieh maybe) show up and get the best drop for mpking you on adds.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-04 12:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you have to have a KI to even access the arena where the Naakuals spawn, I can't imagine they'd be free-reign battles.

That aside, I find it amusing that the people who are like ABOUT TIME RELICS GOT REPLACED, *** RELIC OWNERS all over the official forums are mostly people with nothing beyond level 85 Emps.

I guess they fail to realize that the people who have access to Naakual weapons will likely be people who had 99 RMEs anyway, and they will continue to not have the best ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-04 12:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shabba said: »
so why everyone whine about these new High damage weapons.....?

EDIT: asking cause i don't have a 99R/M/E!!!!!

PS: Tamoa, me love your avatar!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Shabba 2013-04-04 12:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shabba said: »
lmao
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-04 12:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Since you have to have a KI to even access the arena where the Naakuals spawn, I can't imagine they'd be free-reign battles.
I thought the only concrete information was that you were ejected when the naakual was defeated. I could picture free entry and a timed repop, seeing as it's a reive instead of some other sort of bc status. Reive's already got a loot system too if we think about that a bit more..
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2013-04-04 12:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

That aside, I find it amusing that the people who are like ABOUT TIME RELICS GOT REPLACED, *** RELIC OWNERS all over the official forums are mostly people with nothing beyond level 85 Emps.

I guess they fail to realize that the people who have access to Naakual weapons will likely be people who had 99 RMEs anyway, and they will continue to not have the best ***.

I could kiss you.

In regards to ADL, pre split he definitely seems to die quicker.
First Page 2