My Opinion On GEO.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » My Opinion on GEO.
My Opinion on GEO.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2013-03-30 11:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
There ya go. Sylow's piechart. Hijacked from another thread.

I'm splitting at the seams with laughter right now. Oh jesus
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-03-30 11:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Well one thing I know is you are going see a lot of Geo mules running behind people now. MP for real curing buff and enfeebs that can be cast and forgotten about and who knows what combinations people will come up with or how the job will grow in future updates.
All the cool dual/tribox kids on my server have empy bards + a sch or whm on /follow. Pretty sure geo will never be a decent mule job compared to the other options.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 11:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Heimdel said: »
Well one thing I know is you are going see a lot of Geo mules running behind people now. MP for real curing buff and enfeebs that can be cast and forgotten about and who knows what combinations people will come up with or how the job will grow in future updates.
All the cool dual/tribox kids on my server have empy bards + a sch or whm on /follow. Pretty sure geo will never be a decent mule job compared to the other options.

There isn't much that beats empy brd + sch or whm, yeah....
 Odin.Morgish
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2013-03-30 11:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said: »

I'm splitting at the seams with laughter right now. Oh jesus

Forgot Pchan
By Quiznor 2013-03-30 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You are all arguing with someone on Sylph,shame on you for not knowing there are nothing but the lowest form of retards on that server
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-03-30 11:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And tbh that latifah one should be renamed to Kawar/Pchan/Latifah
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-30 11:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
You are all arguing with someone on Sylph,shame on you for not knowing there are nothing but the lowest form of retards on that server

I kinda have to agree >_> and I was Sylph native! D: Not one of those, bitter, forcedfromfairy people!

90% of the server is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, I've met maybe 20 people who can play well (or at least, logically).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-03-30 12:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

I kinda have to agree >_> and I was Sylph native! D: Not one of those, bitter, forcedfromfairy people!

90% of the server is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, I've met maybe 20 people who can play well (or at least, logically).

I said it before and I'll say it again.

I'd rather have stayed on fairy with only me and poof on the entire server,than deal with the people of sylph they are THAT bad
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-30 12:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
My opinion so far about geo is based solely on my whm-butthurt because we have to share hexa strike. They got added to molva maul at least, some randgrith fun
I thought we went over this! :0
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-03-30 12:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kawar is more known for making abysmal threads, not so much random posts in threads of any "significance" <-(using that term very loosely).
Anyways, can we get an intelligent feedback thread on GEO?
By Kumbai 2013-03-30 12:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Kawar is more known for making abysmal threads, not so much random posts in threads of any "significance" <-(using that term very loosely).

There is one. It's on BG~
 Ragnarok.Cheweh
Server: Ragnarok
user: cheweh
By Ragnarok.Cheweh 2013-03-30 14:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo does suck, but we're basically playing naked, unskilled and unmerited so threads like these are silly.

/lock
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 14:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kumbai said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

There is one. It's on BG~

Or here.... http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37160/geo-observations/3/#2278674
Sylow gives a good breakdown at the end of the thread (so far)
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-30 14:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That pie chart is old, pchan was dead or something.
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2013-04-05 10:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lynkux said: »
The simple fact that anyone is burning Geo or Run to 99 shows that they have no desire to learn the job. So trying to explain things to them is pointless.

On another note, I'm simply irritated that Geo is simply a buff job. Geomancers in every other ff game have been more like blu's but with their spells gaining power based on their surroundings and some spells being able to be used based on where they are standing. This would have been a lot more interesting than a 2 aura job with nukes that wont be anywhere as useful as a blm.
You know, this is such a load of crap. Just because someone leveled in a hurry doesn't mean they don't really want to play it. Of course, spending hours skilling up with a macro just so my spells can be fully effective totally doesn't show my interest in really playing it.

And frankly I'm rather happy whatever usefulness the job might have ISN'T dependent on their surroundings. Imagine being judged useful or useless just because this or that fight is in the desert vs being in a glacier vs being in a plain. Based on environment isn't practical for an MMO. That's why they added the directional magic stat bonuses instead.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-04-05 10:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot a slice for Kawar.

EDIT: Dammit, shoulda read page 2 xD Beaten.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-04-05 10:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lynkux said: »
The simple fact that anyone is burning Geo or Run to 99 shows that they have no desire to learn the job. So trying to explain things to them is pointless.

On another note, I'm simply irritated that Geo is simply a buff job. Geomancers in every other ff game have been more like blu's but with their spells gaining power based on their surroundings and some spells being able to be used based on where they are standing. This would have been a lot more interesting than a 2 aura job with nukes that wont be anywhere as useful as a blm.

Hey guys we're going to a cave then an open plain!
Sorry, my GEO spells suck in caves.
Oh, what about plains?
Yeah, I'm great in plains.
So you're crappy in one place, better in another? Seems practical!

That aside, burning a job to 99 has nothing to do with learning ***, keep using faulty logic based on years of Coribri teaching you to somehow tank event/HNM/boss monsters.

Pecking Flurry = Gates of Hades = avoiding AOEs by running = Salvage!

LOGIC!
By itchi508 2013-04-05 10:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Love the post lol " i leached a job in a day and it sux... It doesnt have phalanx and the Regen is really weak, Oh did i mention idk how to play it properly yet and there no AF or merrits yet & my skill is only 150 atm... This job sux " lmao

If it sux don't play it, i don't like to play brd but i didn't post a bard sux thread lol. Also you leached it in 1day, but you dislike the job you say?? At least you got +10 box opening skill out of it and thank god you didn't waist anytime playing the job..... God forbid someone do something other than pop boxes and watch TV all day to earn your job 99...
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-04-05 10:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Any word on when AF will start coming out? You think next update or one after that?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-04-05 10:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
"Hey guys we're going to a cave then an open plain!
Sorry, my GEO spells suck in caves.
Oh, what about plains?
Yeah, I'm great in plains.
So you're crappy in one place, better in another? Seems practical!

That aside, burning a job to 99 has nothing to do with learning ***, keep using faulty logic based on years of Coribri teaching you to somehow tank event/HNM/boss monsters.

Pecking Flurry = Gates of Hades = avoiding AOEs by running = Salvage!

LOGIC!"

When in truth, it'll be us who burned GEO to 99 who'll master the job alot sooner than some scrub lvling the old, long way, since we'll have access to everything GEO has and can determine where it'll be good.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-05 10:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
When in truth, it'll be us who burned GEO to 99 who'll end up testing everything about the job and explaining to the people who spent two months killing crabs how the job works.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-04-05 10:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Im goin to leach rng, then make a rng sux thread based on how every time i shoot something i miss. :P
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2013-04-05 10:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo + hand skill gimped at Lv99 and you're complaining about potency? gtfo lol

Sorry, couldn't make it past this.

Sylph.Murex said: »
You think? Damn your smart.
And there's the ad homonim... Seha, is that another one of Sylow's piechart pieces?

Oh god, that had to be purposeful. The ironing.
By itchi508 2013-04-05 11:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we have more brainless people at 99 cap then we did 75 cap. Theres people who can gear, understand and play a job well even if leached, wile leaching allows idiots threw the gate who haven't a clue and run around with 50skill wearing 5/5 Perle or teal... on a new job saying it sux... <3 Abysea as it brings good laughs to the table!
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-05 11:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they would have just waited another month or 2 and released some more stuff with the jobs.

There's still potential for the job, it way too early to judge. Hopefully there will be AF, Relic, and Emp armor. There will be new bells and other misc. gear they will likely add that has GEO based enhancements on them, and don't forget about merits. I'm sure there will be gear/merits that increase skill, increase potency, decrease casting time, Luopan PDT, and possibly Bells that increase the size of the Auras, and maybe even a Bell or Merit that lets you put down 2 different Luopans.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-05 11:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They haven't released merits / AF etc. with any new job. The reasoning behind this release structure is sound.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-05 11:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
They haven't released merits / AF etc. with any new job. The reasoning behind this release structure is sound.

It's only sound because it's something they always do. Doesn't make it not suck :p.
 Sylph.Sukasaroth
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sukasaroth 2013-04-05 11:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

No slice for Pchan? Or does that fall inder the forest green piece of pie?

(Prolly tastes awful)