Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Duoing Set in Dyna
Duoing Set in Dyna
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2013-03-29 13:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So I go DNC/00 with my THF/DNC duo partner. I just got DNC to 99 and am really loving the job. I'm super gimp right now, working on getting AF3+2 and AF2+2 legs.

The question I have is what is the most efficient use of my time as the proccer? I know i need to get an Aluh sometime soon. Aside from that should i be focusing on a good TP damage set to pull, procc and kill? Or should i be getting a -PDT set to just pull proc repeat while my partner kills. He does kill pretty fast, Aluh + STR Thochka and Thaumas gear.

Would Aluh + VIT Thochka with a -PDT be better than trying to TP in a damage based set?
By Voren 2013-03-29 14:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've killed mobs significantly faster on DNC than most do on THF, at least those without Mandau.

Getting the DNC mythic ws helps a ton. Having the AF3+2 hands to get 100tp from RF to solo darkness usually knocks most mob's HP down by 80%+. I'd personally would work with you procing and killing and the high eva THF pulling and smacking the mob for TH.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2013-03-30 07:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay thanks. I did plan on getting Nzyul climb for the myths Ws. I'll see how much damage ican out out once I'm geared up.
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2013-04-09 10:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Pyrrhic Kleos better than Exenterator fully merited? Wondering if I should focus my efforts on getting the Mythic weapon and cleaning it, or just collecting EXP to dump into merit WS.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2013-04-09 10:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You use both to make a Darkness Skillchain.
By Voren 2013-04-21 10:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

An example to help decide:

I farm dyna with my LS, we're making a few relics. Our set up is BLU/DNC, DNC/THF x2, THF/DNC, and when available, DNC/locked, BST/DNC.

I'm one of the DNC/THF and use PK- RF - Evisc, while the other DNC/THF uses exent because he hasn't unlocked PK.

His average dmg is 1400, lows have been 600 (rare), spikes of 2100 (rare).

My dmg has been, average:
PK = 800
Evisc = 1100
Darkness = 1000
Total = 2900

My average is 1500 higher than his simply because I can solo darkness every 30 seconds (basically get 5 finishers, 100TP, darkness)

I'm pretty sure I could tweek gear around and create a build for PK and evisc, but I'm lazy and just use my evisc gear for PK.

Ultimately, if you can use exent twice in the same time I can do one darkness, you'd be better off with exent as you can gear for just the one ws and save inventory space. If not, might check out PK. Also, that darkness shreds in abyssea.
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2013-04-24 16:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I did end up unlocking PK, it's not the best WS but the Darkness skillchains make it worth it. Magian trials kills are super fast with that combo.
 Bismarck.Cailyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Rehwyn
By Bismarck.Cailyn 2013-04-26 12:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just throwing this out there, but I've been duoing EPs in Vulkurm as a DNC/WAR with a friend of mine on THF/DNC. His THF isn't particularly well geared so usually I just kill mobs and proc while he pulls and helps out with killing if we get fast procs. Next time we go, I plan on locking subjob to see how that goes.

I don't have Pyrric Kleos, but find that Evisceration > Exenterator for Distortion is still great damage. Average damage for this SC is usually like this:

Evis: ~1.5-2k
Exenterator: 2-2.6k
Distortion: ~1.5-1.8k

Total: 5-6.4k

In other words, your damage can still be quite good without Pyrric Kleos as a DNC. Occasionally I get some low damage values, but Exenterator is pretty reliable damage in general.

If you decide to use Exenterator though, make sure you get some gear swaps for it; it makes a big difference. Mine is mainly just AH gear. I expect once I get more Adoulin gear it should go up.