Forum » FFXI » Servers » Quetzalcoatl » Thinking bout makin a comeback
Thinking bout makin a comeback
 Quetzalcoatl.Nolan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Nolan
By Quetzalcoatl.Nolan 2013-03-29 08:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, whats the state of the game these days? Is it still fun to grind out some levels in traditional party groups?

I haven't played in 5 years and i'm itching to come back and level Ninja or Pld. How are things?
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 08:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nolan said: »
Hi guys, whats the state of the game these days? Is it still fun to grind out some levels in traditional party groups?

I haven't played in 5 years and i'm itching to come back and level Ninja or Pld. How are things?

Fun but impossible since no one does it anymore because abyssea made party leveling obsolete.
 Quetzalcoatl.Nolan
By Quetzalcoatl.Nolan 2013-03-29 09:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So is abyssea a fun alternative?
By doublesbrian 2013-03-29 09:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The game has changed a lot from 75 cap.

Old FFXI used to be about 90% of the game leveling 10% end game.
New FFXI is 10% levling, 90% end game.

You can get your char to level cap in a day, and after a couple more days you can cap all your skills on it.

However, the way the game evolved is that you can do a bunch of events with a small group of people. It really gets you to the end game so you can work at some gear. It gives you a similar sense of accomplishment as exp parties when you get a shiny new piece of gear, but you just have to be motivated to get stuff rather than how you were forced to seek and hope for invite from 1-75.

You can lowman Sky, sea, dyna, limbus, assualts and all the older content now. Hunting abyssea armor is able to be done in a group of 3-4 also, so you can have really respectable gear too.

There are still alliance events out there, but the vast majority of the game can be tackled in a party now.

FFXI has changed a lot but if you're open minded about changes, and you can find a handful of friends to play with, you can still find it enjoyable.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-03-29 09:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

please take a few moments to read a few of the four hundred and seventy five other threads on this topic...

thank you
By Quiznor 2013-03-29 09:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nolan said: »
So is abyssea a fun alternative?

On your first 1 or 2 level 75 jobs yes,anything lower or after is kinda a chore. Except learning new JA's and WS's for your favourite jobs
 Siren.Flavin
Server: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-29 09:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea takes the chore out of leveling... let's you do more of what you want to do...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nolan
By Quetzalcoatl.Nolan 2013-03-29 09:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So, it sounds like you can get Maat's cap rather easily now lol. I really enjoyed the skillchains and magicbursts back in the day. Maybe i can find a linkshell group that still does it.