Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Geomancer Vendor Scroll Prices
Geomancer Vendor Scroll Prices
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-02 10:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is gil still hard to get for ppl I never in ten years of playing had it so easy making gil actually still cheap tho not paying 100k for a log I used to toss away dagnagit...
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-02 10:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
Sakuhra said: »
Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
8M for all the spells really isn't that much when you compare it to all the BLM or all the WHM spells...
geo needs blm spells too, so if someone never played a mage but wants to play geo, he would have to pay the 8m + buy blm spells, so yes they are WAY to overpriced for a npc price, and since someone talked about cor rolls well you have to buy them from npc only too, but they have "normal" prices and dont sell for 500-700k / roll/scroll lol
I think the prices reflect the theme of this expansion, the whole thing about end-gamers onry expansion, which is why the prices are higher than any other scrolls from older contents.

That seriously makes 0 sense
[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-04-02 10:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Punctuation is your friend.
[+]
 Odin.Tezziret
user: mystok14
By Odin.Tezziret 2013-04-02 12:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Is gil still hard to get for ppl I never in ten years of playing had it so easy making gil actually still cheap tho not paying 100k for a log I used to toss away dagnagit...

That may be true but still 8mil in vendor items is still kind of ridiculous.

I'm not saying it isn't achievable, it's a high entry cost though.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-02 12:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Cerberus.Tzaellia said: »
8M for all the spells really isn't that much when you compare it to all the BLM or all the WHM spells...

Really?... Almost every single BLM spell can be gotten for free as a drop whether it be from an NM or from a Chest/Treasure Casket/Coffer. It's the lazy and/or impatient who spend unnecessary gil.

So yeah, 8+mil is WAY too much.

I don't remember them dropping from chest before abyssea... And I haven't found any nm in SOA...

Btw can try yo kill those geo IT Mobs to see if the drop scrolls...
and where are those geo IT mobs?

@Syagin well it was easy to make gil (many even capped gil) with the aby blinkers etc but for new or returning player its not that easy to farm 8M+ for some geo spells...
Where you get the watercraf le w/e the ki is... They did check IT ++ for my thf
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-04-02 13:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc spells sold at a vendor are not obtainable elsewhere for any other job. Also the only source for spells (rolls) for COR is vendors. So even though other jobs have flexibility in obtaining spells the concept of vendor only is not a new one.

If price is an issue you can skill up with the lower spells and then later determine which spells you really want and just pay for those. Its also quite possible that they will release more spells that will be obtainable as drops. I would guess though that these spells are vendor only.
By Kikorimo 2013-04-02 13:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
iirc spells sold at a vendor are not obtainable elsewhere for any other job.
Not true. There are many scrolls for other jobs that are obtainable at a vendor that can also be obtained various other ways. Some drop from monsters, some from certain fights, and so on.
[+]
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-04-02 13:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
iirc spells sold at a vendor are not obtainable elsewhere for any other job. Also the only source for spells (rolls) for COR is vendors. So even though other jobs have flexibility in obtaining spells the concept of vendor only is not a new one.

Please see:
Banish 3
Protect IV
Protectra IV
Dispel
Flash
Stun
Reraise III
Cura
Cura II
Sacrifice
Esuna
Cure VI
Protect V
Shell V
Stone III
Water III
Aero III
Fire III
Blizzard III
Thunder III

I think you get the point. These are all sold at a vendor, while obtainable somewhere else.

Anyways, while there are some spells that are strictly vendor only (e.g. Shellra II) there are many that are not. It is possible that the spells are available elsewhere. It is possible that they are not. It is also possible that they will be added in later as drops (remember scrolls from Abyssea?)

Time will tell.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-02 13:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and Cor rolls want to say Hi as well....
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-02 13:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It is also possible that one of the guild upgrades will reduce price of those spells (I hope by 10x)
 Lakshmi.Quixote
By Lakshmi.Quixote 2013-04-02 15:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
On one forum you hear constantly that gil is so easy to make and here we are talking about "omg scrolls are so expensive" which is it?

You know the problem is that gil is essay to make for the people using bots. Trading infinity amount of cruor for blinkers after the nerf everyone turn to fishing everyday up to 200 catch, So if you are trying to keep up by manually trading crour for blinkers then NPCing them for gill and now fishing all day for hrs you are more likely to say F**** this and go on and do something else.
By Sakuhra 2013-04-02 15:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Oh and Cor rolls want to say Hi as well....
the highest cor roll is like ~130k, the highest geo spell is over 700k and many of them are 500-600k range, no one would say that the geo npc is to expensive if they would only cost 100-200k each like cor rolls...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2013-04-02 15:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
geo needs blm spells too, so if someone never played a mage but wants to play geo, he would have to pay the 8m + buy blm spells, so yes they are WAY to overpriced for a npc price, and since someone talked about cor rolls well you have to buy them from npc only too, but they have "normal" prices and dont sell for 500-700k / roll/scroll lol
I think the prices reflect the theme of this expansion, the whole thing about end-gamers onry expansion, which is why the prices are higher than any other scrolls from older contents.

really? nothing at all?
english is not my main language, sorry.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-04-02 16:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Quixote said: »
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
On one forum you hear constantly that gil is so easy to make and here we are talking about "omg scrolls are so expensive" which is it?

You know the problem is that gil is essay to make for the people using bots. Trading infinity amount of cruor for blinkers after the nerf everyone turn to fishing everyday up to 200 catch, So if you are trying to keep up by manually trading crour for blinkers then NPCing them for gill and now fishing all day for hrs you are more likely to say F**** this and go on and do something else.
If you say so
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-02 16:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

really? nothing at all?

It wasn't the grammar, it was the context. This expansion isn't just 99-only. The MOBS on the island are, but for new players, they can't have scrolls be THAT expensive. It would disenfranchise (or dishearten) every new player that wanted to try geo/run (run has phalanx, which on my server is very very expensive).
 Lakshmi.Quixote
By Lakshmi.Quixote 2013-04-02 16:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

8M for all the spells really isn't that much when you compare it to all the BLM or all the WHM spells..
also the difference on this is the fact that we had time periods to gather all spells lvl 1-75 lv 75-80 lv 80-85 and 85-99
all at once seems BS and not even low lvl spells dropping from mobs makes it worse.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2013-04-03 02:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

really? nothing at all?

It wasn't the grammar, it was the context. This expansion isn't just 99-only. The MOBS on the island are, but for new players, they can't have scrolls be THAT expensive. It would disenfranchise (or dishearten) every new player that wanted to try geo/run (run has phalanx, which on my server is very very expensive).
I'm so glad it's not the grammar..
that's exactly the point I'm arguing, if SE was considering the new jobs (mainly GEO) for new players they wouldn't have set scroll prices that high, they definitely were aiming for high end players with lot's of gil to drain that much money from the economy (and believe me, it benefits us all), and what better timing than a release of new expansion? (if the changes were made to older scrolls for example, you will never hear the end of the QQs..)

if that didn't make any sense, then I don't know what does..
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-04-04 00:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be a terrible business move to release a brand new job and have all of its best items/spells instantly achievable by 90% of the players within 7 days of release. Content is meant to take some time to achieve or else everyone would stop playing. If you want to blow 8M right away to get all spells, great. If not, great.
By Celphi 2013-04-04 13:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Sure, you may have to pay 8m "if" you buy all of the spells but they did make it to where you can get the GEO spells for your Luopan for free. If you don't want to invest gil into your job then why even play it? Every job you do level you'll have to drop gil on it so why would this be any different?
[+]
By VioDjango 2013-04-04 13:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Celphi said: »
Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Sure, you may have to pay 8m "if" you buy all of the spells but they did make it to where you can get the GEO spells for your Luopan for free. If you don't want to invest gil into your job then why even play it? Every job you do level you'll have to drop gil on it so why would this be any different?

This.

I've dropped around 6-7 mil in gear for my RUN and its not even the best stuff I could get -- just stuff good enough to convince people I'm serious enough about the job to deserve an invite.

As I told people over at the POL forums -- you're paying for being an early adopter. If you want things cheaper you have to wait until people explore more of the expansion and find where the spells drop from mobs. We haven't even found the beastmen mobs who will likely drop RUN/GEO testimonies and spells.

The prices aren't high, they are on par with a mage job added in a game where most people who have been playing more than a few months sit on millions of gear with nothing to really spend it on.
By Ragnark 2013-04-04 13:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really understand what people are complaining about. I mean, if you don't have the gil don't level the job. If you do and the job interests you what's your problem? This isn't 2000-2001 when 8M was actually something that took time to collect. If you farm dynamis everyday for a month and sell all the coins you can easily cover the cost of the spells.
 Ragnarok.Tarusofo
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Tarusofo 2013-04-05 04:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem isn't as much as getting all the spells, is that even the more useful ones cost 500~700k. Honestly I don't feel comfortable with that and I'll wait/farm them. GEO will stay with capped EXP in MH until then.

Even if you have the money ready, and have lots, your common sense should tell you're dumping it on something that has no return value and will most likely become cheaper in the future.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-05 05:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to ask everyone whining to take a moment and compare the price of GEO's entire spellset to the price of NIN's, circa 2005.

You should probably put it in terms of something that hasn't been drastically changed over the years, like silent oils.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
 Odin.Volane
user: Volane
By Odin.Volane 2013-04-05 06:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought them all and I didn't really mind doing it, as I WANTED to play GEO since it was announced. I don't really run around with hundreds of millions either (12m~ now). If they had been farmable, I probably would have done that, however as of now I dont think you can just kill a few mobs, get a new geo spell and laugh about all the "idiots" willingly paying the money.

Regardless I'd be really pissed if SE lowered the price in a week or two, because of all the whining.
By Retsujo 2013-04-05 07:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I'd like to ask everyone whining to take a moment and compare the price of GEO's entire spellset to the price of NIN's, circa 2005.

You should probably put it in terms of something that hasn't been drastically changed over the years, like silent oils.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

The majority of NIN's spells were free, either from quests or BCNM battles. The point everyone is trying to make is that the high-priced vendors are the only way to obtain the GEO spells right now, not considering that we only have maybe 20-25% of the expansion's content in our grasp at this time. Personally I'm waiting on those spells until they show up as drops or as part of a Bayld vendor from furthering Coalition advancement with a new advancement besides flag/signboard/emblem, or what have you. I find it very hard to believe that spending upwards of 700k for a spell is the only way to obtain it.
[+]
 Odin.Tezziret
user: mystok14
By Odin.Tezziret 2013-04-05 07:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Difference being is it was easy to get these spells from questing and BCNMs.

I understand people are going to say "DO BCNMS FOR GIL THEN!!1111!!shiftoneshiftone!!" That isn't really the point. There were alternate options to get the spells for BLM, WHM, and NIN, not a "Hey buy it from this vendor, oh and he is the only place you can get the spells." type deal.

Corsair is the only job I'd even come close to listening to people on but considering the price of dice isn't even close to the high level Indi-spells, what with their highest cost "scroll" being 116k.

I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-05 08:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has even accessed a Wildkeeper Reive or Skirmish yet. Tat aside, you're getting 2 spells for the price of one, and people complained about needing to remove gil from the economy!
By albrobiont 2013-04-05 08:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess we need to find and fight the Geo Beastmen.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Server: Bismarck
user: Nahh
By Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh 2013-04-05 09:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Making 8 mil is hard.
[+]