Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-08-20 11:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone share their MACC set for shockwave?
By tyalangan 2019-08-20 12:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »

Not that you shouldn’t stack Mac but I use my TP set (bc lazy) in Omen and it sleeps them every time. Just to give you a gauge at what level range the built in acc is reliable.
By Nariont 2019-08-20 12:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Same as armor/full break set. Ayanmo set with whatever acc/macc pieces you can fit into the accessory slots
[+]
By gargurty 2019-08-20 13:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

enmity set. aoe sleep with enmity in em is great :)
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2019-08-20 14:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 368163

I personally use TH in my shockwave set, for whenever I'm /sam and don't have access to poisonga or sheep song. Can replace volte cap with white rarab cap +1, but that also kills your meva and ilvl so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Ayanmo hands +2 have 10 more macc than capped leyline gloves, but I don't carry around ayanmo hands bc inventory issues. If you're just looking for straight macc, like Nariont said, ayanmo +2 can replace all volte pieces.

Edit: Eschan Stone also replaces chaac belt if you don't want TH

Edit 2: Totally forgot about yamarang, thanks boshi
By Boshi 2019-08-20 17:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yamarang
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-09-01 01:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I am pretty new to Run here and am running into an issue with my Lua in regards to HP loss during casting Phalanx. My main idle set has 2996 HP atm. If I cast any other enhancing spell, I end up with me at between 2950-2850 or so HP but when I cast Phalanx, my HP blinks down to 2646 HP and I cant seem to figure out how the hell it does that when my Phalanx set has 2944 HP in it. Maybe its an issue with the specific pieces I am swapping but I always kinda figured that if you swap into something with lower HP/MP then you would instantly go to the lower number but still retain the "Max" amount - If you have over that amount to begin with.

Any input here would be appreciated cause I really don't want to lose 400 HP while casting one of RUNs more valuable spells....

Edit: I went from idle at 2996 to FC at 2886 but my FC set has 2946 in it.
By Wotasu 2019-09-01 02:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
So, I am pretty new to Run here and am running into an issue with my Lua in regards to HP loss during casting Phalanx. My main idle set has 2996 HP atm. If I cast any other enhancing spell, I end up with me at between 2950-2850 or so HP but when I cast Phalanx, my HP blinks down to 2646 HP and I cant seem to figure out how the hell it does that when my Phalanx set has 2944 HP in it. Maybe its an issue with the specific pieces I am swapping but I always kinda figured that if you swap into something with lower HP/MP then you would instantly go to the lower number but still retain the "Max" amount - If you have over that amount to begin with.

Any input here would be appreciated cause I really don't want to lose 400 HP while casting one of RUNs more valuable spells....

It's probably the order which it equip the gear in the set.
Can use:
right_ear={name="Odnowa Earring +1",priority=1},
for HP+ gear to swap 1st.
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-09-01 02:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting. okay so how does that work tho? it swaps pieces in a certain order to maintain HP values?
By Wotasu 2019-09-01 02:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but it's still instant, just swaps those with Prio=1 first.

I just edited my gs:
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head={ name="Fu. Bandeau +3", augments={'Enhances "Battuta" effect',}},
body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'"Fast Cast"+4','Phalanx +3',}},
hands={ name="Taeon Gloves", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -7%','Phalanx +3',}},
legs={ name="Taeon Tights", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -5%','Phalanx +3',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Attack+23','"Repair" potency +2%','Phalanx +5','Accuracy+14 Attack+14',}},
neck={name="Futhark Torque +1",priority=1},
waist={name="Steppe Sash",priority=1},
left_ear={name="Odnowa Earring",priority=1},
right_ear={name="Odnowa Earring +1",priority=1},
left_ring="Stikini Ring",
right_ring={name="Moonbeam Ring",priority=1},
back={name="Moonbeam Cape",priority=1},

Keeps me at 2880~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-09-01 19:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

@Wotasu I was able to close the gap to around that point as well. I am much happier losing 100 HP over 400, thanks a ton.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-09-24 07:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How bad would you consider the Enmity - on the Ambu grip. That -6DT kinda makes me want to use it regardless...

Just stick to utu or refined/mensch?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-09-24 08:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
How bad would you consider the Enmity - on the Ambu grip. That -6DT kinda makes me want to use it regardless...

Just stick to utu or refined/mensch?

Mensch +1.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-09-24 09:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Khonsu is a great starter grip. Caps haste, a bit of DT, acc+, a touch of enmity for your DD needs....

But you should only use it as a temp until you save up for a Mensch +1 or get an Utu Grip. (Though it's really good for BLM/SCH/GEO.)
It shouldn't ever be more than a "I don't have anything better" for melee or tanking.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-09-24 12:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 120 enmity+ with normal crusade on when using emn stuff.(alrdy in the 120)

Tanking in -5enm from ambu grip isn't a problem. Still way in the green with crusade, Futhark Torque +2 and empy legs +1.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2019-09-24 15:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you love it when everyone agrees? :3
Well I just guess I'll finish it and try. Thanks guys!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-25 10:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for opinions and different perspective on a specific issue.
The Phalanx midcast set
My default HP is roughly 2717 or higher, according to the set I'm tanking on. (couple of sets have it lower actually)
My Phalanx set atm has 281 skill and 2455 HP.

I have 2 choices in front of me, keep the current skill and phalanx tier or renounce to the Back and Ear2 slots (-8 skill, total of 273) to gain variable amounts of HP according to what I pickup, but the maximum is 180, which would bring me to 2635 HP, which is a small loss from my default set.

What would you guys do and why? Thanks.

Edit:
Of course I could drop even more slots and stay at the 460+ Phalanx tier but then gain more HP/DT/whatever.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-09-25 10:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalanx set has its time and place but I don't feel it's important enough to cast in the middle of a fight. It's good to cast before an aoe pull and before you start a fight against a NM or a boss but casting in the middle is just going to put you in a vulnerable state where you could get killed or take even more damage in the process of trying to reduce your damage taken.

I would personally only recast phalanx if I'm still in an aoe pull or a fight against multiple strong enemies that don't have ko potential if you swap into the set.

I would only go for max enhancing magic duration, and then any phalanx + gear, I wouldn't bother with enhancing magic to get 1 more damage reduction you wont notice that.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-25 11:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally lowered my skill to 445 so i have 33 damage reduction in phalanx skill, but also have 50% dt and only drop like 50 hp per swapping.

Skill in phalanx isnt important just keep it above 444 imo. I much prefer being impossible to kill even casting spells and losing minimal hp so i dont annoy my healer

Once i get back to pc ill show you my set.
[+]
By Taint 2019-09-25 11:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
I personally lowered my skill to 445 so i have 33 damage reduction in phalanx skill, but also have 50% dt and only drop like 50 hp per swapping.

Skill in phalanx isnt important just keep it above 444 imo. I much prefer being impossible to kill even casting spells and losing minimal hp so i dont annoy my healer

Once i get back to pc ill show you my set.

This. Phalanx mitigating a couple more HP doesn’t matter. Keeping your ping pong HP I’m check does and does maintaining DT.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-09-25 11:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalanx is awkward. If you're just fighting 1 thing, you can time the cast between attacks with a solid FC set. Gets around having to worry about SiR so just balance phalanx potency with your HP. Stuff like Moonlight Rings and Moonlight Cape can help keep your HP from ping ponging too hard and they keep your DTs in a pretty good spot paired with Epeo/ShellV.

When you're stuck casting phalanx while actually needing SiR, you kinda just have to bite the bullet and balance your stats as best you can. In those tanking situations, I like sporting Mensch+1 since lots of enemies living longer than 3min usually means my damage is secondary.

For the most part a couple points of phalanx don't matter though. I have my max potency set before big pulls but usually I just use my balanced set so I can overwrite it when its convenient.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-25 11:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I never have used an Sird set and i never have needed it tbh.
Even with 20-30 mobs in omen i will manage to pull off a phalanx. I just dont think its necessary and yes, you can time spells with that many mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-25 11:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I left SIRD out of the topic on purpose because that makes things even more complicated for what I'm tryin to do here.

Thanks for all the different opinions, really appreciating them.
Keep 'em coming!
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-25 11:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Here, this is my Phalanx set.
ItemSet 368747

These are my augments on my stuff. Replace Herculean with Taeon if you don't have them.
sets.midcast['Phalanx'] = {
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head={ name="Fu. Bandeau +3", augments={'Enhances "Battuta" effect',}},
body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'MND+2','Pet: INT+4','Phalanx +4','Mag. Acc.+3 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+3',}},
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Rng.Acc.+21','Pet: "Subtle Blow"+4','Phalanx +5','Accuracy+10 Attack+10',}},
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Pet: DEX+3','Pet: INT+6','Phalanx +4','Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},
feet={ name="Taeon Boots", augments={'Phalanx +3',}},
neck="Futhark Torque +2",
waist="Flume Belt",
left_ear="Etiolation Earring",
right_ear="Andoaa Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",
back={name="Moonlight Cape", priority=1},
ring2={name="Moonlight Ring", priority=2},}
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-25 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I'm gonna go for a compromise using the cape and waist slots to gain ~9% DT and ~250 HP.
That will make so my HP doesn't go down and will give me some additional DT, not capped but better than my initial situation.

Would still leave me at 471 Skill. If I recall 470 is when you get -1 reduction, then 480, then 490 and so on every 10, correct?
Uhm, might be remembering things wrong :x
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-09-25 11:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeha, I use SiR with a couple spells like poisonga or blu spells just for safety and a toggle for when I just want to be extra safe with stuff like Omen pulls and the initial Foil. Beyond that good FC set+timing covers it.

Pretty sure I don't have a SiR phalanx set since Omen stuff doesn't live long enough and exists and in the rare Ambuscade month with multiple unsleepable enemies you should be able to cover a recast with Battuta. Still worth kinda mentioning because some people don't have all that stuff and aren't great at timing.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-25 11:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No sechs. 28.5 skill for 1 point of phalanx. 500 is 35 damage reduction, 472 is 34 and 444 is 33.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-25 11:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
No sechs. 28.5 skill for 1 point of phalanx. 500 is 35 damage reduction, 472 is 34 and 444 is 33.
Ew! Was it Temper that gains 1% every 10 skill?
Thanks for clarifying that.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-09-25 12:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, temper. Just think of temper like this. 500 skill is 20% double attack rate. Every 10 after that is 1%
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 188 189 190