Collected The 6 Whispers But Leepe Wont Give Quest

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Collected the 6 whispers but Leepe wont give quest
Collected the 6 whispers but Leepe wont give quest
 Sylph.Mystaria
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-03-27 00:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this is rather confusing and annoying. Trying to do http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Moonlit_Path for Fenrir now. Now before I started this quest, I saw all the previous stuff. So I did that 1st. Just beat each avatar, game says I got the Whispers from each one. I talk to Leepe, he does the CS where it says "Go collect the 6 whispers that carbuncle wants" etc. I zoned out, came back in, Still not progressing. Oddly as well, I look in my Key Items, I dont see any whispers. I know I didnt lose them either. So what does this mean? Does it mean I need to redo the avatars AGAIN cause this CS wasnt flagged 1st? Even tho Wiki seems to show that you do the trials 1st before talking to Leepe.. Anyways just looking for some advice. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind.. seems upon more studying, seems even by making a "pact" with the avatars the 1st time. That counts as using the whisper... >.> So that means I need to fight them again and again?
 Bismarck.Yuenna
Server: Bismarck
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2013-03-27 00:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

im assuming you have rank 5 fame in windy ?
and i believe u need to flag the quest before getting the wispers but could be wrong been years and years since i have done that quest
 Cerberus.Mirril
Server: Cerberus
user: flywacket
By Cerberus.Mirril 2013-03-27 00:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

visit one of the tarus that you flag avatar fights from. See what he/she/it says. Don't turn in your whisper if you do have it. Also, check your key items for the "moon bauble" maybe you got it anyway.

also, yes I think you may need higher fame to flag it.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-03-27 00:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mystaria said: »
Edit: Nevermind.. seems upon more studying, seems even by making a "pact" with the avatars the 1st time. That counts as using the whisper... >.> So that means I need to fight them again and again?
Yes, this is the issue. Have to go completely rewardless to get your moon bauble. :< One more round of avatars for you, unfortunately !
 Sylph.Mystaria
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-03-27 00:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a lil more annoying it seems. Turns out that by choosing to make a pact with that avatar, I used up the whispers? So seems then all in all you will have to fight the avatars 3 full times...
1: To collect avatars
2: To collect whispers from avatars for fenrir
3: To get Evokers ring..

So I wonder, can I still get the full sized forks or am I forced to do that level 20 cap mini fork? (Is it capped? Idk?)
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-03-27 00:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You can only do the mini fights once. It's best never to actually complete them--if that quest is active, you can use the NPCs to warp you straight to each photocrystal. At that point, you can enter the uncapped fight for your whispers.

And yea, you have to fight them 3 times unless you want any of the other items. :]
 Bismarck.Yuenna
Server: Bismarck
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2013-03-27 00:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

aslong as u did the prime quest to get the avatars in the first place should have no problems regetting a new fork for the prime fight just need to wait till jp midnite after turning in the whisper to the npc
and yes u need to fight them 3 times
 Sylph.Mystaria
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-03-27 00:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So since I beat them the 1st time. Which fork will I get for round 2? The mini ones or the regular sized ones? Or are you saying, "talk" to those NPCS as a smn, get the mini fork, change jobs again, then use the fork to warp there and beat them in a uncapped battle? Cause in a way, I really really dont wanna take the vw teles and walk to the cloisters again heh.

Side note.. just tried to beat Diablos with my rdm/blm... man.. didnt realize that nightmare wont wake me up >.> got *** handed to me lol. Guess Ill duo that tm.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-03-27 01:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you won the fights as Lv20 capped SMN, then you're out of luck--you'll have to run there on foot. If you still have the mini quests active, you can set your job to SMN and the NPC will warp you to the cloister. This means you have to do the uncapped fights as SMN, which was no problem even at 75.

Basically, the NPC thinks he's warping you to do his 20 cap quest, but you're just taking advantage of his generous teleport to do the uncapped one instead. As long as you never finish the 20 cap quests, you can continue "tricking" him this way, giving you a very convenient method of transportation to each of the cloisters (although only if your main is set to SMN).
 Sylph.Mystaria
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-03-27 08:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I make sure I dont "finish" that quest?
Also thanks for the info. Its sounding like Ill have to beat them as smn now just to warp there quicker. But least that should be faster then walking.
 Alexander.Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-03-28 08:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't ever trade the mini fork to the crystal or do the 20 cap fight. :]
[+]
 Sylph.Mystaria
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-03-28 20:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info ^^ Guess Ill make sure I do all the tasks I need, then when thats done, maybe then turn in the forks. Since not sure why or when Id use a quick tele to cloisters after that.