Where Is My Registration Code?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Where is my Registration Code?
Where is my Registration Code?
By Karthus364 2013-03-23 10:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just preordered and do not see my registration code in my email and I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
 Leviathan.Arasuta
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: alastair
By Leviathan.Arasuta 2013-03-23 11:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Learn to read, it says on day of preload.
You will receive the code on the day of preload
[+]
 Bismarck.Karthus
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Karthus 2013-03-23 11:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

6. Click on “Add a service account.” When prompted, enter your FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin registration code provided in this purchase confirmation email.

I did read it says IN THIS EMAIL.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-03-23 11:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

was just about to post that karthus'
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-23 11:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm under the impression those are just automated instructions they send for any digital item. Has anybody ordered off Amazon yet? Maybe someone who ordered off there can chip in. If they haven't gotten the code yet, chances are its just that the code comes on the 26th.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-23 11:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arasuta said: »
wat tha fak is preload?
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-23 11:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
I'm under the impression those are just automated instructions they send for any digital item. Has anybody ordered off Amazon yet? Maybe someone who ordered off there can chip in. If they haven't gotten the code yet, chances are its just that the code comes on the 26th.
I got mine form amazon, and the code will be displayed when the download is available. the 26th at midnight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2013-03-23 12:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
wat tha fak is preload?

The expansion is being released on the 26th. You can download, patch and register it then once you get your code download link in your email.

The expansion content isn't available until the 27th - so you won't be able to enter new zones, trigger SoA cutscenes etc until then.

Doing it that way gives everyone a chance to buy it, download it and install so everyone doesn't overload their servers on the 27th.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
Server: Shiva
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2013-03-23 12:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
wat tha fak is preload?

The expansion is being released on the 26th. You can download, patch and register it then once you get your code download link in your email.

The expansion content isn't available until the 27th - so you won't be able to enter new zones, trigger SoA cutscenes etc until then.

Doing it that way gives everyone a chance to buy it, download it and install so everyone doesn't overload their servers on the 27th.

I assume you can t download patch before the 26th? there is no link to the download in the email.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-03-23 12:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ashmulder said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
wat tha fak is preload?

I assume you can t download patch before the 26th? there is no link to the download in the email.

I dont think so, I just searched all over for the download file but was unable to find it. They should let people download it so not everyone is downloading it on the 26th or whatever. Stupid.
By Quiznor 2013-03-23 12:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is everyone freaking out? It clearly says on the official SoA site the day of the software release,and the day the content goes live....a 200mb download from a digital site is nothing,regardless of the 20-30k people that still play XI. Look at places like steam and origin with loads more people all downloading a 10gb+ game right before release,and they get better speeds.

Take a *** chillaxative

edit: was mainly aimed at diablosword and everyone else talking about the download itself
[+]
 Bismarck.Karthus
By Bismarck.Karthus 2013-03-23 12:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not asking about the download im asking about the code...
 Asura.Rokyo
Server: Asura
user: Bedmaker
By Asura.Rokyo 2013-03-23 12:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

you don't get code til march 26th when they actually charge you for the preorder
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-03-23 13:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Why is everyone freaking out? It clearly says on the official SoA site the day of the software release,and the day the content goes live....a 200mb download from a digital site is nothing,regardless of the 20-30k people that still play XI. Look at places like steam and origin with loads more people all downloading a 10gb+ game right before release,and they get better speeds.

Take a *** chillaxative

edit: was mainly aimed at diablosword and everyone else talking about the download itself

Steam and Origin are sites that are dedicated to stuff like that, of course they will do it well. There is no reason why they shouldn't allow people do download it early. It affects nothing. So instead of getting your panties in a wad about what other people think, maybe you need to take a "chillaxative,"
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2013-03-23 13:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI patches are normally torn apart before most people finish downloading it, so in some respects I'm glad that people won't have a chance to post spoilers everywhere online.
By nyheen 2013-03-23 13:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

still wondering about something. say i buy 2 SoA 1 for me and friend in hong kong all i need is to give her the code to download it or i need to deal with the crazy region code thingy?
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-23 13:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, all the sites related to Adoulin do mention that the actual file download won't be available until the 26th, and servers don't go live till the 27th, but nowhere was there any mention of when/how the registration code for your SE account would be sent to you, which was compounded by dumb automated emails, so the confusion is understandable. Given the services they've offered in the past (particularly ClickAndBuy), people were probably concerned they had another billing error. But this time it looks like it's basically another communication fail on SE's part.

Quote:
still wondering about something. say i buy 2 SoA 1 for me and friend in hong kong all i need is to give her the code to download it or i need to deal with the crazy region code thingy?

Registration codes are region locked so your buddy has to buy from the region of whatever his account is classified as. If he has a US account you can just send him the code and it'll be fine.
By Quiznor 2013-03-23 13:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
Quiznor said: »

Take a *** chillaxative

Steam and Origin are sites that are dedicated to stuff like that, of course they will do it well. There is no reason why they shouldn't allow people do download it early. It affects nothing. So instead of getting your panties in a wad about what other people think, maybe you need to take a "chillaxative,"

The official software RELEASE date is the 26th,you cant go into gamestop and ask for it a few days early just because you cant play it yet. Simply because the software isnt officially released yet!

A digital distro store like this has all the more reason to provide good servers for their downloads,just like steam and origin do.

It affects things like piracy (as a whole,not specifically this product,but slightly) and ***like dat mining and god knows whatever else SE might try to blame it on,reverse engineering to make bots and exploits!
By nyheen 2013-03-23 13:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Registration codes are region locked so your buddy has to buy from the region of whatever his account is classified as.
would need to ask later but i think she using mostly a usa address since we had to deal with that credit card nightmare with SE back then.