Router + Xbox360 problem
 Remora.Eireamhon
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 11:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Ethernet ftw ^^ I have both but never use the wireless on xbox unless I was travelling. It really depends what you are doing on the connection, if you have multiple PC's running on the internet at same time and other consoles attached to the connection it will slow it down in connection.

it may slow the connection but not the signal strength. Signal depends on the range of the router itself, the matrieals it needs to go through and of course the distance. Ifyou router has antennas on it try adjusting them. if you can rotate the signal to a more direct sending pattern, you may receive something better. Example, if you imagine the antenna "standing" straight up and down, the signal "is sent from off the sides. (((T))) as such. So if you move it to a horzontal position, this will now move the signal to a up and down position. Make sense? So if your router is upstairs and diagnally across move the antenna into a diagnol position as well so your signal is basically being "sent" in the direction best needed to reach your 360. New and Better non antenna style routers are out there and I would agree if possible to just hardwire, but give this a try if feasible. Good luck! ;)
 Ramuh.Dalila
Server: Ramuh
user: Dalila
By Ramuh.Dalila 2009-06-23 12:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

hey row, i'm noticing the same problem when i take my lap top to the bedroom. my connection goes to ***. i'm thinking we need to move the router to the kitchen table, that way it till be in a more central location.. or maybe we need a better router?
 Remora.Eireamhon
Server: Remora
user: Eireamhon
By Remora.Eireamhon 2009-06-23 12:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dalila said:
hey row, i'm noticing the same problem when i take my lap top to the bedroom. my connection goes to ***. i'm thinking we need to move the router to the kitchen table, that way it till be in a more central location.. or maybe we need a better router?

Ok guys try this. I know this will help you as I used it to leech of my parents wireless. It ranged over 100+ feet. From the back inside of their house, 80' outside, through the trees and then 8 feet into my house to the PC. It was GREAT! ALOT of config set ups as well and pretty easy to set up.

Linksys Model # WRT110 RagePlus Wireless Router $75 @ BestBuy
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-23 12:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GOD DAMN WEAK-*** WIRELESS CONNECTION!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-23 20:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
This looks pretty simple.
There ya go, same concept as a cantenna, just a DIY range booster, plus it's Patrick Norton so you know it's legitimate. It seems like this is all you really need, unless your router is sitting next to a microwave or some similar type of appliance. Wireless channel conflicts can also be a problem, but that's more likely if there's multiple wireless networks within range. Definitely try the video you found.

I'm sorry, but running an ethernet cable all around the house isn't really much of a solution to me. lol