Getting The Right Attestation From Glacier NMs

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Getting the right attestation from glacier NMs
Getting the right attestation from glacier NMs
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-03-14 23:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

if this is common knowledge, I apologize, I had never heard anyone mention it.

But spending 2 runs trying to farm gkatana and horn attestations, I think there might be a pattern: what 2hr the NM uses last is the attestation it drops. We went something like 3 scythe, bow, scythe, bow, 2 scythe, then I started to notice that every time I fought it alone, we got scythe, and every time the guy needing gkatana attestation was fighting too, we got bow. So, something fishy there. Time issue? I did kill systematically in about same amount of time. Then as a random hunch, I waited with NM at 1% till it used meikyu shihui, then killed it. And gkatana attestation dropped.

For the horn (whm/blm/brd NM) we had a bigger group, and zerked it right after bene. Club. Repeat. Club again. Wait for SV. Horn. :D

I realize this is way too small sample size (especially since I didn't really pay attention till the last 2 scythes what 2hr it had used last), but there might be something there. At least it's worth a try for anyone farming attestation. :) And you can update this thread whether the theory holds or not.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-14 23:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say for sure that the 2hr has anything to do with it, but for NM's like goublefaup, where multiple jobs can use the weapons. If it does Chainspell last, it would drop Excalibur, if it does Invicible last it would drop... Excal or Ragnarok? I never noticed in ~15 kills between attestation and trials that 2hr's had any association with drops. It would drop Aegis and Ragnarok having used only Chainspell, etc.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2013-03-15 00:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a tricky one Jassik. I'm not really sure how that should behave with multiple jobs. I was just finding it weird that we got so many scythes, since according to FFXIDB the distribution is nearly uniform (slightly in favor of scythe and disfavor of gkatana).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-15 00:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sharain said: »
That's a tricky one Jassik. I'm not really sure how that should behave with multiple jobs. I was just finding it weird that we got so many scythes, since according to FFXIDB the distribution is nearly uniform (slightly in favor of scythe and disfavor of gkatana).

You would need a much larger sample size to make any real assumptions about it. I'd be more inclined to believe its just dumb luck, knowing how SE treats drops.
By Sharain 2013-03-15 00:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Ragnarok.Sharain said: »

You would need a much larger sample size to make any real assumptions about it. I'd be more inclined to believe its just dumb luck, knowing how SE treats drops.
As I said in OP, I realize this is way too small sample size, but I posted because there might be something there if people want to try it.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-03-15 00:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be pretty convinced if this was consistent ~10-15 times in a row with solid evidence. It's not too farfetched honestly.