iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 363 364 365
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-08-02 08:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah count to 3 is easy once other people bring the math.
But now I'm wondering if there's'a proof the 1 sec ja delay is absolute cause I could have swear that with 2 seperate macros the delay seemed shorter as pchan stated, since you ws during the boost animation. Unless my eyes tricked me (which is higly possible).
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-08-02 08:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I did testing on JA stacking using FRAPS. Feel free to test to see if you can get a lower result.

Capture at 30 FPS to keep it in line with 60 delay per second. Determine the number of frames between subsequent melee hits by checking the frame numbers where the mob's HP changes. Then do it again while using JAs, and see how many frames there are between melee hits. That additional number of frames is the added delay.

Put together any scenario you like to try to reduce it below currently accepted minimums.
 Fenrir.Lillaly
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2013-08-02 08:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, don't really mean to change the subject (but honestly boost is not what it used to be) but how do you all feel on the Forefront cesti?
 Leviathan.Phineus
Server: Leviathan
user: ayer
By Leviathan.Phineus 2013-08-02 14:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Lillaly said: »
Hi guys, don't really mean to change the subject (but honestly boost is not what it used to be) but how do you all feel on the Forefront cesti?

I'm guessing you bring up Forefront Cesti because you have no reliable way to gain Rigors or Oats. I'd say these are a good alternative and even better after the early August update when they are given a fair amount of skill. If you are serious about Monk though you should aim for Rigor Bagnakhs at a minimum.
 Fenrir.Lillaly
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2013-08-02 15:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phineus said: »
Fenrir.Lillaly said: »

I'm guessing you bring up Forefront Cesti because you have no reliable way to gain Rigors or Oats. I'd say these are a good alternative and even better after the early August update when they are given a fair amount of skill. If you are serious about Monk though you should aim for Rigor Bagnakhs at a minimum.

Unfortunately yes, I don't get enough playtime a week to get rigors in any reasonable amount of time, but they are on my to get list once i feel my gear is up to standard
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-08-03 07:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So looks like (lookin at the sets) u guys keep tantra body+2 on impetus tp sets even without HF. Is it confirmed to beat thaumas?
By pchan 2013-08-03 08:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
I did testing on JA stacking using FRAPS. Feel free to test to see if you can get a lower result.

Capture at 30 FPS to keep it in line with 60 delay per second. Determine the number of frames between subsequent melee hits by checking the frame numbers where the mob's HP changes. Then do it again while using JAs, and see how many frames there are between melee hits. That additional number of frames is the added delay.

Put together any scenario you like to try to reduce it below currently accepted minimums.

It is not what is being discusses. I claimed that boosting doesn't prevent the WS during the next 1 sec time frame when using 2 seperate macros. Melee hits have nothing to do with it.

eg :
ctrl 1 is /ja boost <me>
ctrl 2 is /ws "shijin spiral" <t>

You can press ctrl 1+2 quickly and the WS will proc. I thought that in this case the 3 sec penalty would apply after the ws.

I'm fairly sure any monk has seen his char using boost and being locked into the animation while peforming shijin.
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
user: Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-08-03 09:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »

It is not what is being discusses. I claimed that boosting doesn't prevent the WS during the next 1 sec time frame when using 2 seperate macros. Melee hits have nothing to do with it.

eg :
ctrl 1 is /ja boost <me>

You can press ctrl 1+2 quickly and the WS will proc. I thought that in this case the 3 sec penalty would apply after the ws.

I'm fairly sure any monk has seen his char using boost and being locked into the animation while peforming shijin.
Couldn't you test this easier with Boost > Chi Blast, since that would give you more consistent results, but would fulfill the same purpose?
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2013-08-03 09:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SO what I'm getting out of 2 pages of talking about boost is...

1. It takes time to use it.
2. Do you want to take the time to use it?
3. How fast can you hit it
4. Count to 1..2...or even 3!
5. How come no one has discussed what you should put in your macro in /say when you do use boost?
6. This requires further testing and discussion cuz...iunno we're running out of stuff?

please continue.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-08-03 09:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-08-03 11:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The new TP/Impetus TP sets that Jinjo posted seems to only fair well with Oatixur when I put them into the spreadsheet. With Rigor the Impetus set fell behind. Was wondering if anyone else was having the same results?
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2013-08-03 12:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

One piece I'm a bit curious about is Usukane Gote +1.

Seems like a fantastic defensive piece, while still providing solid accuracy and 3% double attack.

Considering the overall rarity of Tenryu, are these ever a good option?

Common head/body/leg/feet setups give 26-27% haste when you factor in Twilight Belt... Leaves hands free for non-haste pieces like Melee+2 or Usukane+1.

Could be looking at up to 29% double attack, 6% triple attack, 3% quadruple with 26% haste.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-08-03 12:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said: »
The new TP/Impetus TP sets that Jinjo posted seems to only fair well with Oatixur when I put them into the spreadsheet. With Rigor the Impetus set fell behind. Was wondering if anyone else was having the same results?

Hm, I didn't consider this. I'll check later and if I end up with similar results, I'll add a disclaimer about anything non-Oatixur.
By Chyula 2013-08-03 13:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

/ja "boost"
/wait 1.2
/ws "whatever"

works fine for me.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-08-03 14:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

eg :
ctrl 1 is /ja boost <me>

You can expand the test using Windower waits (either via script or via Spellcast).

input /ja Boost <me>;wait 0.1;input /ws "Shijin Spiral" <t>

And then increment 0.1 until the weaponskill fires. Windower waits allow exact delays, whereas (as far as I know) the /wait command in game is only accurate to the nearest second. By doing it this way you can simulate how long the player has to wait between hitting the macros.

Once you have the minimum, you can test how much time that delays melee attacks using the method I described above. You can also continue to increase the waits to see if the delay is fixed out to a certain point, or if it's tied directly to the time you had to wait between the JA and weaponskill.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-03 14:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Since pchan was worried about how to switch the hands on and off quickly ... I don't think he is using Spellcast or scripts.
By innit 2013-08-03 14:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

eg :
ctrl 1 is /ja boost <me>

That's all good and well, but in delve with the current state of lag you are probably going to have to hit that ws macro twice at least 50% of the time... Solo. with no PC around you would could probably achieve this 95% (5% human error), but solo you would probably want to use boost anyway due to lack of buffs?
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-03 14:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower waits allow exact delays, whereas (as far as I know) the /wait command in game is only accurate to the nearest second.

I'm pretty sure you can do the in-game one in decimal as well. I have my Utsusemi macros set to swap back at the end of casting (1.5 for Ni) and the swap always occurs right as the casting animation finishes. BLU spells are the same way (with so many of them using 1.5 cast times). It's possible that's just what the game is displaying in the chat log and the swap doesn't occur right away, though.
By pchan 2013-08-03 16:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

eg :
ctrl 1 is /ja boost <me>

You can expand the test using Windower waits (either via script or via Spellcast).

input /ja Boost <me>;wait 0.1;input /ws "Shijin Spiral" <t>

And then increment 0.1 until the weaponskill fires. Windower waits allow exact delays, whereas (as far as I know) the /wait command in game is only accurate to the nearest second. By doing it this way you can simulate how long the player has to wait between hitting the macros.

Once you have the minimum, you can test how much time that delays melee attacks using the method I described above. You can also continue to increase the waits to see if the delay is fixed out to a certain point, or if it's tied directly to the time you had to wait between the JA and weaponskill.

I'm almost certain the problem comes from boost and WS being in the same macro, wdw or not. I've tried the wait 0.x method within the same wdw macro and it is not different than wait 1. I don't play anymore so I can't test anyway (and that won't make boosting useful probably). If someone wants to test they should use autohotkeys for instance and input ctrl1+2 in quick succession to check.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2013-08-03 16:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower waits allow exact delays, whereas (as far as I know) the /wait command in game is only accurate to the nearest second. By doing it this way you can simulate how long the player has to wait between hitting the macros.

Recently, I've been having an issue with a couple of in-game macros...

/ja "Dodge" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Aggressor" <me> <wait1>
/ja "Berserk" <me>

...and a similar one for Focus/Impetus.

The macros have always worked just fine, until recently where they've become unreliable, especially in Delve.

The weird thing is... if Dodge and Berserk go off, but Aggressor doesn't, hitting the macro a second time still won't activate Aggressor. I'll just get the recast timers for Dodge and Berserk.

Would Spellcast/Windower correct this issue, or am I going to be forced to break it up?

Also, in fairly rare instances, I catch Spellcast messing up gear swaps, and doing dumb ***like leaving me to TP in Chakra gear.

Another thing:
Hit Chakra macro... recast is 00:01... Immediately hit macro again... Chakra for like ~250 (no gear swap). That one is more on me, but yeah...
By pchan 2013-08-03 16:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

innit said: »

eg :
ctrl 1 is /ja boost <me>

That's all good and well, but in delve with the current state of lag you are probably going to have to hit that ws macro twice at least 50% of the time... Solo. with no PC around you would could probably achieve this 95% (5% human error), but solo you would probably want to use boost anyway due to lack of buffs?

I'm very well aware that delve and all 18 man events are trash for someone that wants to use subtle macroing (think old dynamis). The exception is stun-botting-SCH, clearly. That's why mnks always win parses and kago never wins.
 Siren.Danita
Server: Siren
user: Danita
By Siren.Danita 2013-08-03 16:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The delay from the boost costs you more DPS than the increase in WS damage.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-03 16:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"Subtle macroing"?
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2013-08-03 16:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
"Subtle macroing"?

Only gear swapping Rings, earrings, mantle, belt... stuff that doesn't make you blink and reveal you as a cheating ***.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-03 18:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

subtle blow for your keyboard

[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-08-03 19:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
subtle blow for your keyboard

Clearly this is Pchan doing math
By pchan 2013-08-04 03:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Subtle is an english word, excuse me for having a vocabulary greater than 10 words.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 03:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The question isn't what "subtle" means, but what exactly what you mean in the context of macros when describing them as "subtle."
By pchan 2013-08-04 04:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything based on timing or order, like the imaginary wdw macros or spellcast scripts that you made up a few posts ago that are supposed to to "swap hands #1+boost+swap hands #2+swap gear+use ws" within a single macro in 3 sec.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-08-04 04:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you use spellcast it swaps into the gloves when you use the JA and swaps out immediately after based on your aftercast delay, so uh...

It's so subtle you don't even see it happen.

Btw,
Quote:
Anything based on timing or order, like the imaginary wdw macros or spellcast scripts that you made up a few posts ago that are supposed to to "swap hands #1+boost+swap hands #2+swap gear+use ws" within a single macro in 3 sec.

that's not something that would immediately be implied (to anyone) by the description "subtle" in English so you should rethink your wording before you lecture on vocabulary.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 363 364 365