First Page 2 3 ... 329 330 331 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-24 12:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phillytool said: »
I know the kick attcks :attack only needs to be worn on activation but what about kick attacks? Activation or full time for the rate of kick attacks.

What? This needs better phrasing and/or more definition.

Shoes that enhance footwork - Activation

(Anything else?) that enhances the attack/rate of a kick? has to be worn full time.
 Odin.Phillytool
Server: Odin
By Odin.Phillytool 2021-01-24 13:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so i had that backwards.

I thought:

kick attacks atack was activation

kick attacks + was fulltime
By SimonSes 2021-01-24 13:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phillytool said: »
Oh so i had that backwards.

I thought:

kick attacks atack was activation

kick attacks + was fulltime

You are still confused I think. Everything for Kick Attacks need to be worn full time (both "Kick Attacks" attack+ (KA damage) and Kick Attacks+ (KA rate)).

Only thing that needs to be worn only for activation is "Footwork"+ items.
[+]
 Odin.Phillytool
By Odin.Phillytool 2021-01-24 15:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a mess. Thank you for clearing that up.
By probot85 2021-01-25 01:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I am looking for some guidance on what I am going to guess is a pretty unpopular set but does anyone have an updated set for Spinning Attack? Also does Spinning Attack benefit more from STR or stacking WS DMG?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-01-25 03:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

probot85 said: »
Hello, I am looking for some guidance on what I am going to guess is a pretty unpopular set but does anyone have an updated set for Spinning Attack? Also does Spinning Attack benefit more from STR or stacking WS DMG?
Not unpopular to me! I used it a lot. I just stacked STR iirc.

EDIT: NVM guess I used WSD?
Code
{ammo="Knobkierrie",
    head={ name="Hes. Crown +3", augments={'Enhances "Penance" effect',}},
    body="Ken. Samue +1",
    hands="Anchor. Gloves +3",
    legs="Ken. Hakama +1",
    feet="Ken. Sune-Ate +1",
    neck="Mnk. Nodowa +2",
    waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
    left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    right_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ring="Karieyh Ring +1",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}
By SimonSes 2021-01-25 04:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

probot85 said: »

It kinda depends. If you have 10 mobs and want to kill all of them keeping similar damage on each of them, then STR and WSD, but if you want to make highest damage per Spinning Attack, then use STR and multi-attack gear.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-01-26 14:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
eliroo said: »
Should you always aim for delay cap in-between martial arts and haste? Like if I am using Godhands and I don't have Impetus up, should I put on ~12 martial arts gear? (assuming haste cap)
mache+1 without impetus for godhands is the only swap i'd use. most other MA gear sucks even if you aren't capped on magic haste.

(480 + WeaponDelay) * 0.2 = (270 + WeaponDelay - x) * ((1024 - 256 - MagicHaste) / 1024)

So if you have capped magic haste with godhands:
(480 + 138) * 0.2 = (270 + 138 - x) * ((1024 - 256 - 448) / 1024)

Solving for X gets you 12.48
Am I missing something here? How does MNK ever hit 80% haste? 43.75 from magic and 25 from gear, with max of another 10 from a haste samba from a DNC is 78.75. And having a DNC in party doesn't seem like a good assumption. I think haste cap for MNK should be assumed to be 68.75.

So I guess my follow up question would be at 68.75 haste, is Schere earring or Mache +1 better for Vere/Godhands?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-01-26 15:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You are missing something, I didn't do 80% haste.
By Guyford 2021-01-26 15:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Right I read it wrong. I thought the 0.2 term was haste at first glance and didn't look close enough. I had thought minimum hand-to-hand delay was 96, not 20% of the weapon delay + base 480. My bad.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-01-28 15:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Few questions. How much of important is it to get the +1 SU3 over the regular for now? the +1 body as an example, only seems to be on sale every so often and the body is only piece of Mal that I don't have too, so I've been putting it priority. I've been farming odyssey and not sure if I want to upgrade unity pieces first or sell and pick up Su3 +1 gear (thinking however to buy Su3 for now, and upgrade unity and then upgrade my Su3 gear one piece at a time).

Next, any good unity pieces for Monk that I may be over looking? I mainly play Ranger and Monk, and there's a lot of good unity pieces for ranger that I want to get, but want to see what must haves monk have.

Just looking for some thoughts and opinions, thanks everyone.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-01-28 15:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

+1 kendatsuba is one of the strongest armor sets in the game, get it asap. body will be your main piece when impetus is down.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-01-28 16:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusare said: »
+1 kendatsuba is one of the strongest armor sets in the game, get it asap. body will be your main piece when impetus is down.

I figured that much, I just wasn't sure if it was fine getting the non HQ Kenda for now and working on some unity pieces first before upgrading the Kenda
By probot85 2021-02-01 17:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks @Negan & @SimonSes, I have everything you listed except the head but that is easy enough.
 Odin.Algeron
user: Algeron
By Odin.Algeron 2021-02-06 04:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Im curious for TP impetus down

how do these body equips stack up from worse to best?

NQ adhemar path a,

NQ kenda,

herc (what augments would beat the other options if its possible)

Hizamaru +2

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-02-09 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Need some ideas for MNK tp set. I don't have the AF feet +3 yet, I have the Relic legs +3.

I am trying to make sure I can do a 4step without SAM roll but I have capped haste and accuracy. (Because sometimes I won't have SAM roll when I'm on monk.)

I tried Ryuo legs +1 for the stp and DA along with my Herc feet with 6TA. Still seems pretty sketchy. The rest of my set is the one from BG wiki guide.
Are the kick attacks legs and feet together really that important? (I am using Vere, btw.)

No they arent. I generally suggest Kenda+1 legs with Herc feet if you want to go this way. Tho what I really suggest is mix of Kenda (head/legs) and Malignance (hands/feet) and Bhikku body +1 during Impetus (Kenda +1 with Impetus down). Superior meva, some DT and maybe 3-4% DPS behind Adhemar head/hands, Af2+3 feet and Relic+3 legs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-09 17:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda silly to go half way with kicks. While the damage is better with AF+3 shoes, it's got a lot to do with the 10 kick rate on it. Always been easier to not think of kicks as kicks but merely as DA. (if looking at it in terms of only tp gain)

Though if the goal is "generate tp more faster" Empyrean pants do that better than relic.

Be specific in the goal. It's always going to be sketch. You can have 99% Xa and never proc it missing your skillchain window.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-09 22:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sudra said: »
Yeah. That’s why I was trying to just avoid the kick attack pieces. I just want to be able to 4step reliably without Sam roll. It seems difficult with just bard songs.

I’ll test mixing in some malignance as well. Maybe more stp in a few spots will help instead.

It's the empty+1 legs that will probably get you enough tp. It has store to+8 and +20 to kick attacks.

Also, God Hands. I sort of needed it for 4-step without Cor rolls but I think I did use Spharai at some point also.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-02-11 11:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad mnk got some good pieces this update.

TP Bonus for VS while also getting Skillchain Damage+ *chef's kiss*
By eliroo 2021-02-20 06:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see much talk about the new set. Which pieces are a win other than the head piece? Also would the headpiece replace Adehamar in VS sets?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-20 07:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I don't see much talk about the new set. Which pieces are a win other than the head piece? Also would the headpiece replace Adehamar in VS sets?

So like, it's a dope tank set. Intimidation, counter and a pile of PDT. Subtle blow II, still caps haste, has a pile of acc att ta. Simply swap into meva for meva things.

Head is more of a damage varies with tp, than a crit rate varies with tp, if you didn't want to wear adhemar+1 it's better than kenda+1 for Vsmite.
(actually getting R30 a year from now and Vsmite closing a skillchain might make it better)
By eliroo 2021-02-20 07:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah head only looked good for TK / Raging, but I didn't know the math on it.

Body looks like it replaces Relic +3 for counter builds and also just looks good for hybrid setups / Impetus off. Ken only having more Meva over it.

Legs looks BiS for any WS at attack cap, but I'm not super sure on that.

Hands ??? - I am not sure how AM3 Vere functions, but in theory triple attack damage +X% should be good in Am3 right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-02-21 19:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless i'm over looking something, the Combination of Crit + TA + ACC, makes these very appealing in all slots for Victory Smite
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-02-21 20:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
Unless i'm over looking something, the Combination of Crit + TA + ACC, makes these very appealing in all slots for Victory Smite
You kinda are, it's called Kendatsuba

Guess there probably are some situtations where having a slightly worse kendatsuba set, but with -pdt, can be useful though
By Fayona 2021-02-21 21:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You’re over looking the attack on it to. I don’t think it’s as simple as to say Kenda is better. It is slightly better for TP. But WS, in particular VS I think it’s still open for debate.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-02-22 15:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

other notable differences of full mpaca vs full kenda +1

mpaca has 42 more str
kenda +1 has 44 more dex
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-22 15:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using 4/5 pieces for Victory Smite (hands are still Ryuo +1). The STR and Attack in the entire set is high, so I am using it over Kendatsuba+1 for VS. Lower accuracy and smaller critical hit rate trade off. I play solo a LOT, so I am almost never at attack cap and deal almost entirely with trust buffs. So the extra attack is helpful.

The head is good for a lot of things, but it might not be better than Adhemar+1 for VS. I just like the more variety of stats and the accuracy and crit rate is still decent (albeit lower that Kenda), the TP bonus being icing on the cake. I tend to overTP a lot on MNK, so maybe it's not so good for my use case scenario. Will play with it in this slot more.

The legs for SBII are unnecessary for MNK, they already overcap it easily using Kendatsuba +1 and Moonbelt+1, Sherida, Niqmaddu. But they make very good WS. I used the legs during melee for a few T2 Gaol fights just for physical safety, but I would probably stick with Ken+1 here for sure.

The body I use in my (mildly dangerous) TP set when I don't feel comfortably getting hit with emp+1 body. Yes it's a dps loss, but counter, ta, pdt, crit, and ta is an amazing mix and I am ok losing Impetus dps for a bit more mixed stats.

I haven't bought the hands yet, just haven't looked at them for my sets.

The feet are similar to Kendatsuba for me, but I have been rolling with Mpaca because I like the chunk of PDT in my WS set.

Something to keep in mind is that if you swap out Kenda+1 for Mpaca in your WS set, you lose a good chunk of Subtle Blow during WS, which, if you care for the low tp feed thing across most sets, matters. Mpaca swap for Kendatsuba for VS might make it a bit more safe getting caught between sets, but you also give up the Subtle Blow, so it's a tradeoff between both sets. I wouldn't necessarily say one replaces the other, there's no reason to look at it in absolute terms. They have slightly different purposes but I won't be getting rid of my Ken+1 anytime soon.

(none of this was mathed out or spreadsheeted, I don't do any of that. Just mix and match and play with what works).
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 329 330 331 ... 363 364 365