First Page 2 3 ... 236 237 238 ... 363 364 365
 Bahamut.Mayoyama
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mayoyama
By Bahamut.Mayoyama 2019-01-06 23:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

For capped attack it looks like Kendatsuba +1 4/5 + relic +3 legs + Monk's neck + the rest of your set.

For uncapped attack it looks like your set might be the best, but Herc feet would need to have something like 4%TA, 10DEX, 15 att to beat Kendatsuba +1 (the ones you have are also slightly better than Ken+1)

Thank you. I assume kenda NQ is still better than my set for attack capped?
By xaniko 2019-01-11 02:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I work on spharai or godhands?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 02:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Spharai is a solo/tanking weapon. Godhands is a DPS machine. They are different weapons with different roles. Similar to Apoc Vs Anguta. One is for survival, the other is damage. Pick the role you're after and that should determine your weapon choice. Or get both, since they both take 4 hours to complete anyways...
By xaniko 2019-01-11 03:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Spharai is a solo/tanking weapon. Godhands is a DPS machine. They are different weapons with different roles. Similar to Apoc Vs Anguta. One is for survival, the other is damage. Pick the role you're after and that should determine your weapon choice. Or get both, since they both take 4 hours to complete anyways...

Thanks Buukki, so for pure DPS I should work on godhands.
By Taint 2019-01-11 05:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

xaniko said: »

Thanks Buukki, so for pure DPS I should work on godhands.

Depends on your end goal. At their base finished forms Godhands if you plan on getting rank 15 i would get Vere for DPS.
By DianC 2019-01-12 06:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So am I stacking Crit chance+ for VS at low TP values, or WSD?

I can't find that often spoken of up to date spreadsheet for the life of me.
 Shiva.Funf
Server: Shiva
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2019-01-12 09:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0diasa035o5ahc/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20Mnk%20August2017.xlsx?dl=0
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-12 10:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes make godhands of it's within your grasp. But if you're looking for complete dps on Monk, verethragna for sure
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2019-01-12 11:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, looking for any more up to date MNK lua. All the ones I can find are from the delve era.

edit: or, has nothing really changed? I thought the recent updates might have made older luas outdated
By SimonSes 2019-01-13 05:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This seems outdated, since I have something from December 2018

EDIT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sgb1ly6siTix2oO-9GRvLNr8E4kNWAZY/view?usp=sharing
 Shiva.Funf
user: Funf
By Shiva.Funf 2019-01-13 08:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-01-14 09:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

DianC said: »
So am I stacking Crit chance+ for VS at low TP values, or WSD?

I can't find that often spoken of up to date spreadsheet for the life of me.

the general consensus is crit+ for VS, if you want specifics go back in this thread 10 pages or so, I asked a bunch of stupid questions and everyone was kind enough to respond.
By DianC 2019-01-14 10:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-01-16 11:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

what did the acc change actually do? Juat changed to mnk and don't particularly notice any really change. Tho I haven't fought anything worth a ***...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-16 11:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Raised the floor. 99% instead of 95%. Significantly buffing impetus. And counter a little bit~
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-01-16 12:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also raises the probably of landing all 5 of Raging Fists hits from 77% to 95%
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2019-01-16 12:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think probably the biggest effect of the accuracy change is Impetus. I regularly get above 30 stacks where before I was lucky if I got to 10. It's soooo much easier to cap now.
And as Andret said, it brings multi-hit WS back to the menu too. Raging Fists is still pretty good, but a fully buffed, capped augment Verethragna Victory Smite is a beast and a half. Where before it was just pretty close to Godhands Ranging Fists.
On a job design note, I like the approach they took to MNK. The STR -> attack change as well as the Physical Damage Limit+ brings it more in line with heavy DDs, but maintains the ratio of white damage to WS damage that lighter DDs enjoy. H2H have really never fit into either category and these changes really highlight that it is some kind of middle-ground between the two without sacrificing damage output.
The decision to boost H2H accuracy cap also helps PUP, but because of Impetus, it doesn't help them NEARLY as much as it helps MNK. It really feels like somebody at SE really understood the problem MNK was having and came up with the perfect solution to the game systems as they interact with other jobs that only benefits MNK. That, or they threw a dart blind and got a bulls-eye out of pure luck.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-16 13:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The changes to Monk (and most recently Dragoon) have been significant, from my own observation. Just passively playing with Monk in Omen or Dynamis, it's impossible to not notice the improvement to Impetus, especially in conjunction with white damage ODD/ODT procs. R15 Verethragna is probably a complete wrecking ball, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a wave3 parse, MNK came out near the top vs other DPS. I am happy with the changes so far.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-01-18 06:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the MNK neck worth a ***outside of footwork? And why does it have MND on it >.>
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-18 06:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Is the MNK neck worth a ***outside of footwork? And why does it have MND on it >.>
Because MND is the main stat for the overpowered ChiBlast!

Neck is arguably the best neck for MNK. Pretty clear when you're capped, but even when you're uncapped.

It has to be said though that compared to the next best option, the difference between that and the JSE neck is probably smaller for MNK than it is for many other jobs =/
This fact alone kinda leaves a bitter taste in your mouth when you're about to spend those 80 millions of gil...

Things would probably be different if we were talking about STR/DEX instead of DEX/MND I guess?
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-01-18 07:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Because MND is the main stat for the overpowered ChiBlast!

Neck is arguably the best neck for MNK. Pretty clear when you're capped, but even when you're uncapped.

It has to be said though that compared to the next best option, the difference between that and the JSE neck is probably smaller for MNK than it is for many other jobs =/
This fact alone kinda leaves a bitter taste in your mouth when you're about to spend those 80 millions of gil...

Things would probably be different if we were talking about STR/DEX instead of DEX/MND I guess?

Lol I bought the +1 I love mnk and it's my career job but that's a whole idris for the +2 I'll pass.

So MNK doesn't need the Moonlight or beam which ever is the HQ neck anymore?
By Taint 2019-01-18 08:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped attack neck is the best. But sechs put it nicely. It’s a small very expensive upgrade.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-18 09:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

R15 Verethragna is probably a complete wrecking ball, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a wave3 parse, MNK came out near the top vs other DPS. I am happy with the changes so far.

Can confirm.
[+]
 Shiva.Darksniper
user: Tshi
By Shiva.Darksniper 2019-01-18 14:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi , Can someone post the updated BIZ Vic Smite, Raging Fists and Tornado Kick sets , Thanks
Also your Opinion on Verethragna vs Godhands, People talking about Verethragna winning.
 Leviathan.Mcdonalds
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Mcdonalds 2019-01-18 19:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can augment empy then I'd go Vere. I believe it needs full augment.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-01-18 19:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darksniper said: »
Hi , Can someone post the updated BIZ Vic Smite, Raging Fists and Tornado Kick sets , Thanks
Also your Opinion on Verethragna vs Godhands, People talking about Verethragna winning.
I wonder by how much? If it's barely noticeable then I'll skip farming chloris and finish godhands.
By SimonSes 2019-01-18 20:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darksniper said: »
I wonder by how much? If it's barely noticeable then I'll skip farming chloris and finish godhands.

According to spreadsheet its not barely noticable, but I only checked augmented vs augmented, didnt bother checking base Godhands vs AG Veret.

EDIT: During Impetus just switching weapon from Augmented Veret to Augmented Godhands, drops DPS from 8100 to 6500.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-18 22:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Non Aug vere was barely above non Aug godhands before Augs and before impetus patch.
Impetus change benefits vere more than other weapons and aug vs Aug the gap widens.

When you sum everything up and look at Aug weapons I think the difference between vere and Godhands ain't small anymore.
I haven't done very thorough tests, writing mostly on a hunch, in before I get proven wrong lol
By Ruaumoko 2019-01-19 01:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
R15 Verethragna is probably a complete wrecking ball, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a wave3 parse, MNK came out near the top vs other DPS. I am happy with the changes so far.

Can confirm.
Can second this. That was an impressive display.
First Page 2 3 ... 236 237 238 ... 363 364 365