Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 223 224 225 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 11:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong, I was going by what Byrth had in his spreadsheet. Godhands got the largest boost overall (tied with Spharai damage+, but higher base damage). Feel free to post results of the hierarchy. The TP Bonus on Godhands is hard for Spharai to beat, even with +20% FH (I can pump out some decent ones already as R9).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 11:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
The thing i like in the path A su5 is the STP+25 and the DT 10%, more easy to make a dt set in case of aggro (more melee focused).

ItemSet 362951

Dunno if the double dmg will jump your dps.

I'm not hating, but I'm just not impressed with those H2H (yet), because they don't really add anything to MNK besides the SBII (The Magic Accuracy/Skill on that weapon is 100% useless).

One good change to Chakra, and Path C becomes a very unique tanking option to Spharai. If they were to reduce the re-use timer on Chakra to 1:00, that would be an insane weapon to use. In fact, as it stands, Monk can't even get full-use out of Chakra since it can often cure more HP than you ever have at any given time, unless Mantra is up. And the recast timer is too long for most events. Path C Sagitta should be "extends Chakra to area of effect". With reduced timer, that would be an insane weapon to use for party play. Right now, though, MNK doesn't play well with others, and Sagitta C is entirely useless. The idea was noble but it's incomplete at the moment. And the extra white damage from Path A is okay, but it doesn't address MNKs fundamental issue (WSD), so it may turn heads on the beefy white damage numbers, but I'd be interested to see how potent of an increase that doubled damage is over time.

Spharai has a triple damage proc that appears from time to time, along with the added counter damage bonus, it's almost equal if you're tanking/subject of hate. I have pumped out 2-3k damage counters with my Spharai, and it seems to be the direction SE is leading Monk (huge beefy melee strikes, subpar wsd). I feel like that weapon could have been more unique, especially Path C. I look at other jobs and they got some interesting options, Monk's sucks though. So to get Sagitta only for the Path A/White damage increase, I'm disappointed.

Let us know how it stacks up against other weapons Psylo. Question: Can double damage proc on counter swings as well?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-13 11:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes you just have to accept that new =/= usable, there are 10,000 weapons and less than 500 are worth having. They can't all be winners. Some situational, some good for the moment, a lot dead on arrival.
 Asura.Sirtaint
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-13 11:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I could be wrong, I was going by what Byrth had in his spreadsheet. Godhands got the largest boost overall (tied with Spharai damage+, but higher base damage). Feel free to post results of the hierarchy. The TP Bonus on Godhands is hard for Spharai to beat, even with +20% FH (I can pump out some decent ones already as R9).

Increases:

Vere: 178/158 = 12.7% +20STR+DEX +10% VS
GH: 221/197 = 12.2% +30acc +10% SS
Relic: 206/182 = 13.2% CounterDMG+30% +20% FH

Godhands looks to have the smallest boost from Augments.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 11:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant base damage+ boosts augment, same as spharai. As in, "it still has the highest base damage of all the weapons". Poor wording on my part, apologies for confusion.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-13 12:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still not getting what you mean with that, maybe I'm too tired I dunno.
Taint just posted the data and Godhands has the lowest damage+ boost from augments. It's not a surprise, it's tipically the same for all Aeonics.

Plus Vere got a dmg boost to the "right" WS whereas Godhands have a boost to a WS you're never gonna use unless for whatever reason you want to access Radiance.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-13 12:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeonic + 24
Relic + 24

Samesies

(Glanz got 29)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 12:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant Godhands and Spharai got +24 base damage, with Godhands still retaining the highest value damage on H2h over the other REMA increases. Since Monk generally uses RF/TK (FW up) and some of HF, the TP Bonus is still very beneficial. I may have overlooked to VS bonus so Godhands/Vere may be switched in their hierarcy.

I'm not convinced FH is actually equal to or better than Godhands even maxed out. It's a weak WS that has no scaling properties with TP, so you end up not really using it as much if you go over 1k tp.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-13 12:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm not convinced FH is actually equal to or better than Godhands even maxed out.
Not sure why you're comparing a WS to an Aeonic weapon D:
FH is ***, always was. But it's a bit less ***now! XD 20% boost is not enough but better than nothing.
The thing is that for Spharai AM is nice but sorta icing on the cake.
For Glanzfaust AM is much more important, and more annoying to mantain.

On Godhands you can ignore AM I guess, on Vere you usually don't have this issue because you're gonna spam VS no matter what lulz.

Either way I seem to recall from the data Aurus posted from his calculator (simulation, not spreadsheet) that Vere was above most of the time. Given the augments stuff like Vere and Godhands received I don't see them getting closer (they ere pretty close tbh). If anything Vere should get slightly further ahead because of the augs it received.
Of course ***is situational and I haven't personally tested/parsed, was just sayin on a hunch.

Personally I have no intention to upgrade my Vere and no intention at all to get Spharai, so it's not like I was talking out of a personal bias because of my "favourite weapon".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 13:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Not sure why you're comparing a WS to an Aeonic weapon D:

You have to because that's the selling point of Spharai Augments. It got a major increase to FH while Godhands got a boost to a useless ws; but it still doesn't compete with Godhands TP Bonus for its other non-augmented WS. I was comparing the increase to FH to just the weapon alone, since they both got the same base damage increase. You can replace FH with Spharai, it means the same thing.

I have Rank9 anyways and plan on capping it out regardless, but I just started Godhands so I'll eventually get a closer look at real time performance. Need someone with Rank15 Vere to show me some numbers so I can be convinced to make one of those. Wouldn't take long either, just annoying NMs and quests.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-13 13:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeonics are simply too strong to be comparable 500 tponus is regoddamndiculous.

There is nothing you can do to final heaven to make it compare to 500 tpbonus on Raging Fists.

#makerelicwsscale
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-13 14:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Truth. And it's actually +750 TP bonus, since FH can't benefit from Moonshade. The bonus to Relic WS needed to be something absurd like +50% or increased ftp scaling to have a chance.

Spharai is exactly what it was when I first thought of making it: an all-around "One Size fits all" Monk weapon with good balance between all of what Monk does. Capped SB through AM, Highest KA potential, huge counter and counter damage bonuses which makes it a very good tanking weapon, and opens up some interesting options for Monk. It's a great weapon IMHO, but if you're not into Monk and different things it can do, and all you care about is damage, it's not impressive. In some ways it's similar to something like Apoc, where it gives something unique to a job whose main goal is to deal damage. There are better weapons specifically for that purpose, but Apoc/Spharai fill an interesting niche role in between that gives the job a bit of flexibility in gearing and roles. So even if they never improve Relic WS, it's still an interesting weapon for Monk.

Since the WSD update was reverted though, Monk really falls back down and it's a bit depressing, so Godhands/Vere are more important last month.
By alamihgo 2018-11-14 02:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In September, the WSD "bug" derailed Monk's Nodowa discussion. Let's revisit whether this is more than a TK gearswap by making it the centerpiece of a complete MNK KA build. Common sense suggests KA builds are folly since other forms of additional attacks can proc twice per H2H round. However, this build grants an almost guaranteed proc rate on KA with higher kick damage than ever before.
ItemSet 362967
Base 19 + feet 10 + legs 19 + 10 back + 25 neck = 83% KA rate.
98% KA with Spharai Aftermath or 100% during Footwork.
Kicks would have +165 DMG.

Quick comparison to HQ Moonlight/Kendatsuba:
-9 ACC
+17 DEX
+9 STR
+64 ATK
-9% TA
+29% KA
-3% Crit
-10 Store TP
+140 KA DMG
-100,000,000 gil

Thoughts?
By SimonSes 2018-11-14 04:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Spharai AM activation has no drawbacks with Rank 15. At 1000TP Final Heaven should now be about the same as 1000TP Raging Fists Godhands. Since Relic AM is always the same and only duration changes, you can activate AM whenever you WS at 1000TP without loosing damage (virtual damage, because I'm compering to different weapon). Since FH is competitive at 1000TP with Godhand's Raging Fists, it's obviously stronger than Spharai's Raging Fists, so you would use FH for damage most of the time too.

So if we compere R15 weapons, Spharai's AM is something you can now have all the time without WS damage loss.

Another thing worth to mention is that Final Heaven with R15 is the only fusion H2h WS with consistence and competitive damage (Ascetic's Fury can spike high but most of the time it's damage is poor). Also same as Vsmite it has light property, so in case of scenario where SC matters (solo or in group with jobs with similar WS properties (light)) both Vsmite and FH will blow Ragings Fists damage by miles.

Another thing is accuracy. Monk doesn't actually have that much accuracy in WS sets. You could argue that you won't use MNK anyway for high evasive stuff anyway (like wave 3), because there are better DDs out there, but I don't think it's the right argument for monk forum. So in case of high evasive stuff it might be a problem for monk to reliably connect anything else but 1st hit of WS. In which case FH loss is much lower than RF and especially Vsmite.

So really it's a lot more to look up when compering MNK's REMA.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-11-14 05:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Losing 9% TA is a big hit. 9% TA proc rate (+0.18 per hand with two hands = +0.36 attacks) is more attacks/round than 29% kick rate (0.29 kicks). Kicks do a little more damage than normal attacks with that setup now (I think?) and DA might fill in some of the missing TAs, but it's still a wash at best. You also spend >1/5 of your time overcap with footwork (or really overcap with footwork + aftermath.)

I think it's entirely possible that the neck +2 is the best option, but Hes legs +1 aren't as strong as they could be. If/when Bhikku legs +3 comes out, the kicky future that you envision will become real.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-11-14 06:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Final Heaven is not that bad anymore is almost at level of proper geared 1k tp tachi fudo.

This is kind of arguments that I dont really want to see here, because
a) it tells nothing for people who doesn't play SAM
b) sorry to say that, but it's total ***.

Final Heaven damage with r15 Spharai is around 18471 (my own calculation using bis sets without DM augments).
Fudo damage with r15 Masamune at 1000TP is 22019 (again my own calculation using bis sets without DM augments and that's without Overhelm bonus, which would push it to 26200).

On top of that, you will barely see Fudo at 1000TP. Sam has giant TP overflow.

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Godhands is the best weapon for MNK. This weapon do not suffer of the same problem as Final heaven/Victory Smite. Tornado kick scale very good with the TP. Godhands + moonshade + warcry can deal respetable numbers on a high buff situation.

You are talking about very specific situation here. Warcry is not your own buff and you assuming Resolution spaming WAR as your partner in party. Change that partner to SAM spaming Fudo instead and you have Spharai and Veret winning because you miss warcry and you chain light skillchains with Fudo, instead of doing no SC by using Tornado or Raging Fists.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-14 09:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's even 11% TA loss if you consider Herculean feet/Kenda+1 Legs, which is huge. I did post that exact same set on the last page, but I have since started going for full multi-attack set, unless I'm getting something like a Fighter's Roll or whatever. 11% TA is just too much of a hit to take for guaranteed strong kicks, and, as Byrth mentioned, you lose overcap the hell out of KA during Footwork, which means you'd either have to just accept it or build a "footwork up" set when it's active.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-14 10:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... why wouldn't you have a "footwork up" set

Min/Max everything else, can't gimp out on a minute long JA
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-11-17 04:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
anyone want to share a final heaven set? looked back a couple pages and didn't see one.

i use this atm
ItemSet 363047

with wsd STR cape
and herculean wsd dm augment (9% body and 7% feet)
By SimonSes 2018-11-17 06:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fotia gorget is better than JSE+2 for Final Heaven. Unless your DM augmented Herc has low accuracy (which is usually the case), then you might need extra acc. You should also just do another cape with VIT. There is really no point to gimp yourself with STR cape, unless you need some really important capes for other jobs and cant afford making one for FH.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-11-17 06:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't understand why fotia is better than monk +2 since monk+2 have physical dmg +10% and FH is a one hit, right ? and low http://ftp.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-17 06:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to be able to hit the cap before it works, so, it's not always better

Although I know literally everyone is literally capped literally all the time literally always, even in their moghouse...
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-11-20 01:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Glassy Thinker beaten by a MNK/WAR with Trust NPCs.

Snapped into a Counter build when things got tough.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2018-11-20 03:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Was it close? I see very low MP.
Was touch-and-go towards the end, Chakra saved the day.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2018-11-26 00:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's that time again. I've gathered my footage and am about to start the narration on a guide for Monk. Is there anything you think a new player to the job has to know?

I'm open to suggestions in case I've missed something obvious.
First Page 2 3 ... 223 224 225 ... 363 364 365