iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 363 364 365
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-15 19:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can sort of understand no Epona's but why no Rajas? CoP just takes(minimal) time now, it isn't so difficult(Mnk/Dnc should be able to solo everything but that pot fight I'd think).
If you chose Tamas or Sattva though, drop that and get Rajas.
As far as I know, Windbuffet is only useful when you can cap haste without needing belt.

Probably best to aim for his "I just beat Abyssea!" gearset. As for rings while you work on getting those two, maybe Demonry(Probably in abyssea anyways) and Tyrant's or Keen or something.
 Fenrir.Trump
Server: Fenrir
user: trump
By Fenrir.Trump 2013-05-15 20:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Can sort of understand no Epona's but why no Rajas? CoP just takes(minimal) time now, it isn't so difficult(Mnk/Dnc should be able to solo everything but that pot fight I'd think).
If you chose Tamas or Sattva though, drop that and get Rajas.
As far as I know, Windbuffet is only useful when you can cap haste without needing belt.

Probably best to aim for his "I just beat Abyssea!" gearset. As for rings while you work on getting those two, maybe Demonry(Probably in abyssea anyways) and Tyrant's or Keen or something.

Thanks! Yea I am trying to aim for the I just beat Abyssea set but with the new stuff coming I got distracted and got some of the Thuradaunt to help with Shijin Spiral. I just figured I'd double check if having windbuffet was a cheap option while I try to get a black belt. As for Raja's I do need to go through CoP, but thanks for the alternative suggestions!
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-15 20:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Mars' Ring is still solid, Tyrants, And i know a few others im just forgetting all work solid.

Dunno how well those WoTG Lycopodium Rings hold up these days, Acc+12/Atk+6 combo, probably not well if you can indeed get our hands on a Mars'.
 Siren.Issac
Server: Siren
user: Issac
By Siren.Issac 2013-05-16 01:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any immediate suggestions with what I can do to improve my TP set? I just came back to the game about 2 and a half weeks ago after a 3 year break and have a very limited play time these days. I'm hoping to work on getting an Epona's and more Abyssea zone wins this weekend.
ItemSet 301188
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-16 01:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

AF3 +1/+2 gear would be your first step up, I think. Legs and body primarily, head/hands/feet as you get around to +2'ing them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2013-05-16 03:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, your foremost priority would be getting the Empyrian +2 gear Motenten described above.
And the Epona's will indeed be a huge upgrade from the Ulthalam's.

Other then that, if you have a couple of friends with the same playtime as you you may want to take a look at Salvage v1/2 for some Usukane +1 pieces. (Head and Feet mostly)
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-05-18 19:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a consensus on what the best augment path for H2H is? I'm currently Path B Rank 2 but holding off on taking it any further until the STR/DEX adjustment for 1H weapons occurs in next version update unless I could get some solid advice on it.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-18 19:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have any intent on trying to take on the highest level beasties, such as the Delve mega-bosses, you'll want every onz of accuracy you can muster (and this is after accounting for madrigal/hunter's/sushi/etc), as they appear to have evasion in the 800+ realm. Acc path as well if you want to aim for meat on Delve fodder. If all you're doing is lower level content (up to delve fodder, when using pizza and getting Hunter's), the attack path is fine.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-18 20:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently using

ItemSet 301432

I'd like to upgrade to Maniboz Feet at some point, Would Manib Head be worth it, and if so, at what Rank? Hands? I'm trying to avoid anything associated with Tenryu+1 cause sh*ts just too crazy price wise. I want my MNK to be as best as it can avoiding The Hexed-1 set, any immediate advice outside of whats outlined?

Just want the job to do well, but Tenryu+1 is just unrealistic and i know some sets take use of the hands.

I'm looking at some Salvage II, namely head/feet, but i think they'd fall behind Manib once its ranked high enough...

Anyway, musings aside, any advice would help a lot.

(for Ammo I'm working on honed Tathlum/Potestas bomb, Currently have Emp/Thew)
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-05-18 21:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Aside from dDEX shenanigans, the best I've been able to find is to just take the ideal set and swap the Tenryu to Miodio.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-05-18 21:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Aside from dDEX shenanigans, the best I've been able to find is to just take the ideal set and swap the Tenryu to Miodio.

I like dis idea, nice and simple. I'll probably get to work on Salvage II stuff, Windbuffet Isn't as bad to save up for.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-05-18 21:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should contradict myself before I forget but if you have a 4song BRD (or don't need much accuracy), this set is 0.7% behind the Tenryu setup in my spreadsheet for Delve fodder farming:
ItemSet 301435
But since it assumes Lv15 legs and feet, that costs more than Tenryu hands and is arguably not a particularly viable option. So I'm aiming at the Miodio setup personally.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-18 21:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, with Impetus down Thaumas Coat is the body of choice. With Impetus up, Tantra +2 according to spreadsheet pushes ahead by 0.4.

My question is, does the Tantra Cyclas +2 need to be equipped during Impetus up or can it be macro'd in and removed, and if not is it worth wearing over the Thaumas Coat when Impetus up in real world fighting conditions?

If the benefit really is minimal to the point of not being worth switch, then ill store the tantra body +2 and save on inventory space.

Thanks in advance for any information regarding this.
CP
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-05-18 22:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to continue to wear it to receive the bonus.

I can't really judge it's "worth." Depends on lots of things, or even if it's the preferred way to play monk right now. I still do it, for whatever that's worth.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-19 04:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my Impetus up set:

ItemSet 301462

and here is my impetus down set:

ItemSet 301461

Impetus down im at 26%. When Up I'm at 30%. Overshooting it by 4%. Is there any recommendations you have to improve? I will be looking into a Asperity neck piece as that and the Rancor Collar seem very close (though every test i ran still pushes Rancor Collar ahead.

Virtually never done salvage bar a handful of time, and dont know if i yet will. So if there are alternatives to Salvage/NeoSalvage, that would be great ^^

Thanks in advance ^^;
CP
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-05-19 04:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Here is my Impetus up set:Impetus down im at 26%. When Up I'm at 30%. Overshooting it by 4%. Is there any recommendations you have to improve? I will be looking into a Asperity neck piece as that and the Rancor Collar seem very close (though every test i ran still pushes Rancor Collar ahead.

Virtually never done salvage bar a handful of time, and dont know if i yet will. So if there are alternatives to Salvage/NeoSalvage, that would be great ^^

Thanks in advance ^^;
CP

Guessing you meant
ItemSet 301461
for Impetus down?
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-19 04:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Cyprias said: »
Here is my Impetus up set:Impetus down im at 26%. When Up I'm at 30%. Overshooting it by 4%. Is there any recommendations you have to improve? I will be looking into a Asperity neck piece as that and the Rancor Collar seem very close (though every test i ran still pushes Rancor Collar ahead.

Thanks in advance ^^;
CP

Guessing you meant
ItemSet 301461
for Impetus down?

Yup, randomly it didnt copy :s. Thanks for pointing out fixing now
 Bismarck.Baalthus
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2013-05-19 07:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my Impetus up set:

ItemSet 301462

and here is my impetus down set:

ItemSet 301461

You can basically replace your Black belt with Twilight when Impetus down. I am in the same situation.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lanien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tymon
By Quetzalcoatl.Lanien 2013-05-19 11:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

does manibozho brais always beat tantra+2 in usu+1/windbuffet set?

if not, is there a specific rank needed for it to beat it?

just trying to get an idea of how much to put in them right off the bat here
 Ragnarok.Ahtis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Atis
By Ragnarok.Ahtis 2013-05-20 06:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

how do manibozho boots perform vs tantra gaiters +2 on delve fodders? worth losing the kick bonus?
this is what i'm using for tp as of now:

ItemSet 291331
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-20 07:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

is it worth to have impetus up and down set for TP-Setup? I see it mention here and in other thread, but not in the guide itself, so curious if its only worth for stuff like dunno abyssea?
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2013-05-20 10:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if my nice fellow players could pick apart my monk sets, trying to buff it way up but as of right now its near trash cannot get the good numbers have been reading this thread but no avail. I do not have access to usu +1 but any tips/advice would be great.

Monk TP
TP set

Spiral set

Sorry dont know how to get it to post the actual picture
 Ragnarok.Ahtis
Server: Ragnarok
user: Atis
By Ragnarok.Ahtis 2013-05-20 11:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slore said: »
Wondering if my nice fellow players could pick apart my monk sets, trying to buff it way up but as of right now its near trash cannot get the good numbers have been reading this thread but no avail. I do not have access to usu +1 but any tips/advice would be great.

Monk TP
ItemSet 301606
Spiral Set
ItemSet 301608

Sorry dont know how to get it to post the actual picture

get dex instead of str for shijin, as for tp i wouldn't recommend the full thaumas, af3+2 hands legs and feet should do, ghillie+1 instead of kemas if you can't afford the new set of earrings
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-20 14:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

@ChaosPrime: Given the near-insignificant difference between the two items, personally I would simplify my gear sets and only use Thaumas, regardless of Impetus.

Also, the Impetus bonus accumulates regardless of whether you're wearing the Tantra body. If you hit 10 times in a row, bonus is at '10'. By default that bonus only increases your attack and crit rate. Wearing the Tantra body augments that so that the bonus also applies to accuracy and crit damage. It's perfectly ok to take the Tantra body on and off during the time Impetus is up; you'll always get the appropriate accuracy/crit damage bonus when you put it on (such as when performing a weaponskill).

So overall, no, you don't have to always keep it on while Impetus is up in order to keep the bonus.

ChaosPrime said:
Impetus down im at 26%. When Up I'm at 30%. Overshooting it by 4%.

You described your sets backwards. Your Impetus down set has 30%, Impetus up has 26%. From your Impetus down set (assuming you go to a flat usage of Thaumas body regardless of Impetus), basically you're overcapping haste by either the head or the feet. Since you don't need the haste on one of those pieces, look into what other options compare to those.

For head, Thurandaut is probably your best option. The str alone should tie it with the Ganesha Mask, while also providing lots of accuracy, and some (possibly a lot) of crit rate.

For feet, Thaumas would be your best option. Tantra+2 would basically be a tie with rank 2 Manibozho.

In order of preference, I'd go: Thaumas feet if you have them; Thurandaut head if you don't have Thaumas, or if you need the accuracy, or if you're augmenting Manibozho feet farther than rank 2.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-20 14:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahtis said:
how do manibozho boots perform vs tantra gaiters +2 on delve fodders? worth losing the kick bonus?

At rank 2, they're basically tied as long as you're using the haste (and thus depending on overall gear set). DA to apply to mainhand weapons (compared to boosting kick damage) has increased in value significantly with the new, higher main hand damage values.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-20 14:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Mindi said:
is it worth to have impetus up and down set for TP-Setup? I see it mention here and in other thread, but not in the guide itself, so curious if its only worth for stuff like dunno abyssea?

To be fair, probably not. If you have Thaumas Coat, you can use that regardless of Impetus. If you don't have Thaumas Coat, you're probably using Tantra+2 body regardless of Impetus. So either way it doesn't really matter.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-20 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

@Slore: 5/5 Thaumas is actually pretty good.

Note: Assuming you already made the change from Kemas to Ghillie +1, or Bladeborn/Steelflash combo.

Starting from 5/5 and replacing once piece at a time to see the difference:

Head: Usukane +1 is better.
Body: Nothing improves on Thaumas.
Hands: Nothing improves on Thaumas.
Legs: Manibozho (even rank 0) is better.
Feet: Nothing improves on Thaumas.

After changing legs and head, Mustela hands are better than Thaumas hands. That's about the limits of improvements I can see from this starting point; further increases would need more radical changes. Also, each of the listed improvement options are pretty much the only improvements I could find. There's basically 1 piece better than Thaumas for each slot, and Mustela only works after the other two are changed.
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2013-05-20 15:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@Motenten working on earring set I appreciate the inputs Ive gotten working on plasma for other parts.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2013-05-22 09:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Which combo is better at Miodio/Windbuffet set:

Manibozho legs and Usukane feet +1
or
Usukane legs +1 and Manibozho feet?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2013-05-22 14:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if the Enhances Formless Strikes augment actually boosts the damage of melee hits? I got the augment this morning hoping to see an increase in damage when fighting Volatile Matamata but my dmg values seemed to be the same as they were before I had the augment. I do recall Sawtelle doing some testing to on this a while back but I couldn't find it.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 363 364 365