Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Oneiros Grip
Oneiros Grip
By TinyAttorney 2013-03-02 14:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any experience farming this thing? If so, how easy it to solo farm the drops and/or kill AGG? What's the droprate like for the Grip?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-TA
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2013-03-02 14:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming the pop items solo may be a royal pain, due to all the Goblins that drop them are clustered together inside the palace and link like crazy. Not to mention the top floor loves to randomly link with a bottom floor pull, so enjoy 6-8 Ninja/Rangers and 2 NMs coming for you.

The Goblin NMs themselves are fairly easy with a group. 3/4 of them are job ability procs, the one upstairs is magic proc and a RDM/NIN. If you're solo you're wasting your time due to constant repops and aggro.

AGG himself is a joke, as long as you have competent healers. I'd suggest melee with PDT/Haste set ups or if you want easy mode, /NIN. WHM needs to spam Curagas if not /NIN, and make sure they are not near the boss to get hit/stunned from Seismostomp. He's incredibly squishy and very stunable, just use either a SCH/BLM or bring 1-2 DRKs and stun when you see a TP move. I don't think /DNC stun is reliable from what I recall.

Drop rate is very high, easily 50-60%.

If you want my set up, lowest I did it with was 2 DRK, MNK, THF, WHM x2, SCH and we had zero problems. I'd suggest a BRD to help speed up farming and the fight, however.
By TinyAttorney 2013-03-03 09:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly what I needed to know, thanks.

-TA
By pchan 2013-03-03 10:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The boss is very annoying, it can cast death on you and wipe you with seismostomp, I doubt you can kill it with 1 or 2 ppl. The RDM NM is unkillable low man because it spams Perfect dodge and benediction....
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2013-03-03 10:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The MB is a joke, THF + Mage can kill it.

Farming you'd want 2 DD + Mage at the very least due to clearing spwan areas + the WHM NM is annoying. My group had MNK, WAR, WHM + RDM (dualboxed), BRD. We were usually able to farm 4-5 pops then pop them at the start of the next run > farm again. Grip droprate is farily high as stated. Idr our exact numbers but everyone got one within 3 runs iirc.
By Gimp 2013-03-07 07:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
The boss is very annoying, it can cast death on you and wipe you with seismostomp, I doubt you can kill it with 1 or 2 ppl. The RDM NM is unkillable low man because it spams Perfect dodge and benediction....

Bg has several of the jobs backwards btw(not relevant to the morning laugh above)

going to try this nm with Mursamemaru sam, Rag, 2 brds and Sch and we'll see how it goes
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-07 07:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
pchan said: »

Bg has several of the jobs backwards btw(not relevant to the morning laugh above)

going to try this nm with Mursamemaru sam, Rag, 2 brds and Sch and we'll see how it goes

You're wasting your breath. He meant "this nm is unkillable with a french full usu mnk and rdm".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-07 07:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ftr, I'm fairly sure the monster pages on bgwiki are correct. It's the map that's wrong.
 Siren.Lugado
Server: Siren
user: lugado
By Siren.Lugado 2013-03-07 10:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine wanted the knife off the AGG and I needed the grip we took six people I was on blu/nin for it lesson learned was take a few dds a sch and a blu stun lock the whm/thf goblin, embrava to speed it up and that's the hardest part everything else was easy.

/nin isn't even required for the AGG sudden lunge kept him stun locked the entire time.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-07 20:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the Whm/Thf nm as blu and sch, IT TOOK AGES.

I noticed a few things though but it's only speculation, every time it used benediction, it seemed as if it's max hp dropped.

It seemed to hit harder and nuke higher after a while too, and started to gain some form -DT.

Only used benediction 3 times when we did it, was able to Stagger it with provoke too, wasn't aware you could do so to Oneiros nms.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Gimp 2013-03-08 18:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Murasamemaru works well on AGG was maintaining 2.2k avg or so with double min and rcb even with the defense reduction for physical our rag was able to put out the same so I wouldn't suggest twilight scythe.

3 pops
2 grips
1 knife
1 head

th3

Given the charge time for Seismo and Death you have enough time to swap from tp phase to PDT or stun easily. On the first pop I still got one shotted after EA/Scherzo (didn't hit pdt) which left our Drk to kill it down.

Second pop we used our PD and of course no real trouble, third one the drk got killed soon off and it was just myself on sam which was kind of tricky.

I say a 3rd dd and a more consistent stun lock would have made them much smoother. Definitely a fun fight though, should have went blue to sole stun with sudden lunge and alternate with actinic burst on seismo
By TinyAttorney 2013-03-10 08:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies everyone. Time to get a group together and get this done!

Thanks,
-TA

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By leva 2013-03-10 10:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiousity what is the benefit of the grip compared to just farming Owleyes?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-03-10 11:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

aside from the dmg taken +10%, you can use grips with a staff, you cant use a club with a staff'
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-10 11:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
aside from the dmg taken +10%, you can use grips with a staff, you cant use a club with a staff'

It's a 30% phys damage swing if you swap to idling in earth/terra (and you get regen).

You should really have both for above and below the mp threshhold (75% iirc).
By leva 2013-03-10 12:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Genbu's shield offsets this and Owleyes works 100% of the time, not just below 75% is it?
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-03-10 12:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

should have went blue to sole stun with sudden lunge
Nah, I tried this and the add effect stun never worked, not even once. Magic stun is great though.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-03-10 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

leva said: »
Genbu's shield offsets this and Owleyes works 100% of the time, not just below 75% is it?

true. but then you always have to have owleyes equipped. If a set relies on a different weapon, you could have a problem.

Example: A lot of whm use the Arka IV for the cure potency +24%. If they were to equip owleyes+shield for refresh, they would lose that potency bonus. Where as they can equip that grip with the arka and have refresh most of the time along with the potency bonus.

Not saying owleyes has no place, but i can understand wanting the grip.
By Gimp 2013-03-10 12:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
should have went blue to sole stun with sudden lunge
Nah, I tried this and the add effect stun never worked, not even once. Magic stun is great though.

lugado's post said otherwise though. *shrug*
By lugado 2013-03-13 18:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

allow me to clarify on the whm/thf immediately open with sudden lunge if he get's a PD off it becomes very hectic to stun him as the spell will miss never giving a chance for the added effect to land, as long as you reapply as soon as it wears it will stop most of his actions. on the AGG I opened with it as well got a full duration stun lunged again and it was dead before it ever wore off.