PLD In Dyna. How Does It Work?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD in dyna. how does it work?
PLD in dyna. how does it work?
By Vividarium 2013-02-13 02:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Everyone. Please enlighten me.

For a while now i am working on my ragna for my drk by farming everyday in dyna.

Yesterday, a few minutes before i got kicked out i had a pld/thf flee through the camp pulling every bunny with him he could find.

I thought he was deathwarping or something. But noticed he was just standing there taking a beating proc'ing with ws the whole time. while he took very little/no damage at all from DC rated mobs.

I am usually on blu/dnc and i nearly get my *** handed to me if i got to fight more than 3 DC bunnies at the same time.

I got kicked out of the zone before i could really take a look at the guy's gear. But I did notice he was a Taru using a PDT sword and Ochain.

Can anyone please explain to me how you can pull 15+ DC rated mobs at the same time and take no damage? Even with PDT gear i dont see how you pull that off. Never seen anything like that before

I am a noob at pld, maybe im simply missing something that is common knowledge to everyone.

THANKS
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-13 02:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Has like a 90% block rate on DC and less I believe
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-13 02:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ochain.
It's that "broken".
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-02-13 03:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they fixed Aeolian proccing?
By Vividarium 2013-02-13 03:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry. I am going to need a bit more explanation than that....

Teach it to me like how I teach the 12 year olds at school.... By spelling it out in detail and exaggerated examples.

Percentagewise. How much damage does a succesful shield block reduce?

I got 99 pld with capped shield skill. but havent touched pld eversince 99 cap has been introduced. I forgot 99% of how to play with it.
 Valefor.Surivere
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Surivere 2013-02-13 03:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, simply having Phalanx and facing the monsters with any kind of shield reduces damage to 0 or almost 0. In abyssea, a single regen Atma can handle the rest. You dont technically need Phalanx either if you use two Regen Atma's.

Protect V and -PDT gear and you're set. I've quite literally AFK'd for two hours in Abyssea like that (after i gathered enough monsters), and came back zoned out of the area completely unharmed, with higher shield skill than before~

It's really quite simple. Damage Mitigation is a PLD's strength. The downside is that it takes you over 50 minutes to kill anything of value.

Dynamis isnt much diffirent. Most monsters with only physical attacks are complete pushovers to anyone with a decent shield.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-02-13 03:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a complete waste of time to farm currency on PLD. The only good thing about it is you won't have any competition for WS procs. That doesn't make up for the horrendous kill speed, however.
[+]
By Vividarium 2013-02-13 04:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

no arguement over the slow killing speed on pld.

But playing the same job in dyna everyday also gets boring.

Alternatives on jobs/setups is something i wanna look at. Got nearly every job leveled. The pld/thf seemed interesting. Maybe i should bring my duo buddy on a dd job. I proc, he kills.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-02-13 04:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Only really viable if you have an Ochain (or an Aegis, I guess). Without it you won't be able to hold enough mobs or gain TP fast enough to make it worth your time.
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-13 04:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a PLD but with Ochain Phalanx and any half assed PDT set and Sanguine Blade there's very little in the way of fodder that would pose any sort of risk for a pld, no matter how many fodder mobs you have. and your kill speed on fodder won't be too awful as long as you can keep a decent number of mobs (see Sheild Mastery)

With enough mobs you have near instant TP gain and unlimited MP
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2013-02-13 06:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When I cleave on pld/thf, after my mob procs I just switch targets to another one.

Idk who says that 15+ DC mobs is dealing 0 dmg, because I have capped PDT and Ochain and DCs certainly do more than 0 dmg. If I try to cleave DC's without a second char for cures, I die every time. 15+ mobs hitting you for 10-25dmg will kill you pretty quick