Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Relic vs empyrean as for as difficulty
Relic vs empyrean as for as difficulty
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-12 17:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Go away, nobody cares how cool you are. Doing an emp in 3-4 days means you did nothing irl for 3-4 days, not some expression of how uber you are at farming.
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2013-02-12 17:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is with everyone thinking everything is this game has to be about being cool?

I was saying that of non-stop working that's how long it takes me. Nowhere did I say anything about being the ***or how awesome it makes me. I'm a student and have a few days to play where I CAN do nothing but play video games.

I was trying to help but everyone has to turn things into something it's not.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-12 17:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Smacksterr said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
It takes me on average 3-4 days of straight grinding to make an empy.
A day or so for the beginning stages NMs that are lottery spawns and then 2 or 3 days for the 50 and 50 items.

A relic takes a month or so to make at least unless you have all the money up front. If you have 100M to throw it only takes 2-3 days because I believe you have to wait for JPM at some points idr.

Now this isn't accounting for things like harp or Ochain which take a bit longer due to the nature of the trials.

Takes well over a week to make a relic just because of wait timers!

Kinda questioning the whole 1 day for pre Abby stages. I count a good 28 hours for lottery nm's if they pop exactly at the window, plus at least 4-5 hours for vnm's if you already have a colorful and it never changes.

Tldr: start to finish either weapon will take a solid week or two to be useable. Nice thing about a relic is you can spend the wait time building an emp!

Does anyone know how to read or do I need to start typing at a kindergarten level?

You sit at the computer camping NM's with perfect luck for 36+ hours? Cause assuming you eat and sleep and maybe work or something that is at least 3-4 days.

Kindergarten level = delusional
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2013-02-12 17:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes me on average 3-4 days of straight grinding to make an empy.

How many empy's have you made?

Given that the above is an average, someone play the "sample size card!"
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2013-02-12 17:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm i think 8 between my guys. and 1 relic
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-12 17:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya he had 2, it usually takes me months, cause i get bored and go do something in game or irl, lol
 Cerberus.Smacksterr
By Cerberus.Smacksterr 2013-02-12 17:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya he had 2, it usually takes me months, cause i get bored and go do something in game or irl, lol

I've made them for friends and also have access to 3-4 chars.

I know the feeling though sometimes its so frustrating especially at something like heqet where competition can really slow you down and make you say *** it lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-12 17:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've made them for friends and also have access to 3-4 chars.

I know the feeling though sometimes its so frustrating especially at something like heqet where competition can really slow you down and make you say *** it lol

The point of the criticism was that he stated his available time, a 4 day nonstop energy drink and delivery pizza grind has no impact on his decision, just sounds like "hai guyz i am so cool".
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-02-12 17:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was gonna finish my spharai, but then I got high.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-02-12 17:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

*edit*

{goddamnit there's supposed to be jassik's last post quoted here}

that's what I was trying to point out, yes.

just as an example:

I get up @ 7am

work (and bs with yall mofo's) until 5pm

bs with the wife & kids & maybe check guild points until 8pm

8pm-11/12 is game time.

you really think this guy (or me the example) is going to grind out a empy in 3-4 days?

just sounds dumb.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2013-02-12 18:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Given how my last thread turned out let me start with I'm a noob. And I dont mean to argue I just want to figure things out... Now, my question is how hard are relics these days? They use to be somewhat rare and now are not at all. In particular I was looking at aegis/ochain and rag/calad. Weighing the strengths vs the difficulty due to that in married and have 50 hour work weeks at minimum.
Bro , I play just about everyday but for 3hrs at most . I get up @ 6am everyday and don't get to log in til after 7pm . On the days where work didn't kick my *** (I am a bus mechanic) I will play til 11 but those nights are rare . I am usually off by 10/1030 . Over the past year I have been slowly making Ukonvasara(19/50 shells 0/50 scales) and Bravura ( 2100/7000 Byne) . I am a dual box but with the help you have listed you can easily match these results . A large majority of the content in the game can be chipped away with 6 or less people . Vw and some of the newer content, not so much . With what you're asking all of those are completely feasible and obtainable by you , it just will take longer than a week . Without knowing your play time per day/week or how tenacious you are in being able to grind the same content everyday you play no one can give you a thorough answer . Of the 4 items listed you can complete Calad85(I know troll bait) the fastest . Either way good luck soldier , don't let the ffxi trolls get you down an I hope this helps you with your decision .
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-12 18:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well after thorough analysis of some good advice, I think what I'm getting is if I put my mind to it I cando anything lol, jk... Sounds like Ochain is harder than it looks. Now this is only questions for my pld and btw two days a week I grind with my friends and just joined a ls that seems pretty sweet and if that pans out I will probally just do it all lmao... And also I think I mentioned earlier I'm getting a Vere first this was only a "And what to do with pld?". I am also very aware (espcially after my last thread) that pld is not ideal for DDing (given it was my limit break job on this account and my first) or even for a great sword but it isn't "bad" by any means and it seems fun for me. I have heard and seen good numbers from both resolution and torcleaver. Thanks for all the information guys :). I hope to be giving you guys screenshots of new gear and WS numbers soon...
 Lye
By Lye 2013-02-12 18:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
I hope to be giving you guys screenshots of new gear and WS numbers soon...

You had it right until the above!

STAHPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

No more ws numbers.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-12 18:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lol just gear post? on this thread? lol
 Bismarck.Shyral
Server: Bismarck
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2013-02-12 18:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he will take a picture of his house to show us his WS numbers.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-12 18:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Shyral said: »
Maybe he will take a picture of his house to show us his WS numbers.

I bet he'd make more friends taking pictures of his wife
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2013-02-12 18:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo...... DAMN!