Make King Bodies Obtainable In WoTG.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Make king bodies obtainable in WoTG.
Make king bodies obtainable in WoTG.
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-06-17 02:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What sort of ideas would you like to see done with this?

I've a couple. One is to make them obtainable as the last reward for WoTG. I mean what are they gonna give us? Capes?

Secondly and I hope they've preempted me in this is making them available via campaign battlefield. It would only make since that since you can already get them in multiple expansions, that you be able to get them in more than 2 expansions.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-06-17 03:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

you want king body abjurations as a reward?
 Ramuh.Miemo
Server: Ramuh
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-17 03:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like it ; ;

Some pieces arn't made the ordinary player base. Theese items in particular are still way ahead of AH gear. Imo it would break the game if there where more instances where you could obtain theese.

*Scenario* War who just hit 75, uses NQ Thick set and a Adaberk he got from campaign battle. (Wich also is the only way he have gained exp past lvl 60).

Not to sound rude or flameish, but seriously think about it a sec. Some pieces are not made for everyone.
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-06-17 03:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For completing the expansion? Sure why not after setting the precedent with ACP.

With Einherjar the idea to make it available some other way was a good idea, but you need a pretty good group to clear tier II III chambers.

Why make it so hard when a linkshell can show up and set 10 bots on 10 characters and claim things so easily? You don't need anywhere near the skill and coordination to kill Niddhogg, Aspiddochelone and King Behemoth that you need to get to and defeat Odin.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-17 03:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You make a good point about skill level, that's why they should ditch all 24 hour NM's and make them pop NM's with ludicrously hard to obtain pop items.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ravencrest
user: raven5584
By Ramuh.Ravencrest 2009-06-17 03:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
For completing the expansion? Sure why not after setting the precedent with ACP.

With Einherjar the idea to make it available some other way was a good idea, but you need a pretty good group to clear tier II III chambers.

Why make it so hard when a linkshell can show up and set 10 bots on 10 characters and claim things so easily? You don't need anywhere near the skill and coordination to kill Niddhogg, Aspiddochelone and King Behemoth that you need to get to and defeat Odin.

It would make it way to easy to get them you would see everyone with a E. Body. And Einherjar is not that hard if you know what to do, and Odin is easy also Teir 3 is harder then the Odin fight. It personally don't want it to happen and see everyone and their mom running around wearing King body for something as just completeing a expansion..
 Remora.Orbit
Server: Remora
user: Orbit
By Remora.Orbit 2009-06-17 03:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you have problems with some half-assed gimp having an adaman hauberk? I mean, it doesn't hurt anyone that some noob has good body armor. Those sets are old, and whoever already played the game for 4-5 yrs doing Kings/HNM should have it by now, the newer guys like 3yr old characters I couldn't care less about. Salvage armors are the current best way to "seperate" yourself from the mediocre, part-time playerbase.

Let them have their dalmatica, adaman haubs and crimson scale mails, koening cuirasses and ***.

And it's not likely we will see those abjurations in WotG, but who knows. I like to believe the Dynamis Currency in Union will work out nicely, but it may still turn out like ***.
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-17 03:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Or we can let people make this game so easy everyone leaves?

Have Manticores in E.Altepa drop Kirins Osode.
Have Tigers in B.Glacier drop haidates cause they are of same family?

Hell why not give everyone a joyeuse for defeating Spini Spipi.
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-06-17 03:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:
I don't like it ; ;

Some pieces arn't made the ordinary player base. Theese items in particular are still way ahead of AH gear. Imo it would break the game if there where more instances where you could obtain theese.

*Scenario* War who just hit 75, uses NQ Thick set and a Adaberk he got from campaign battle. (Wich also is the only way he have gained exp past lvl 60).

Not to sound rude or flameish, but seriously think about it a sec. Some pieces are not made for everyone.

I would suspect that a legit king body hasn't been obtained through king camping for a very long time on any server. If so it's probably few and very far in between. Surly your not saying that someone suddenly becomes elite because they bot and got a king body?

When you look at the effort in killing a HQ king vs fighting your way to Odin the amount of work just isn't equal.

All of the running around you did in WoTG may just be enough. Doing missions up to a certain point. Then doing more quests so you can proceed on your missions. Doing Sandy quests in order to proceed yet further. God only knows how much more in further updates. All of that work beats buying a bot, setting up in DA for 3.5 hours and having it claim Nid for you.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-06-17 03:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They have noobs in HNM ls's that get adaberk doesn't make them any better then the average player. I know some people that never done HNM and play a hell of a lot better then elitists.

Don't judge a "good player" by someone sitting in a camp for 4 hours "hoping" their bot will beat someone else's for a piece of gear.

I knew an adaberk war that didn't know how to walk through west ron to get to sandy, and he played for 4 years.

Really, just cause someone had a lot more time to commit to an endgame shell or likes to camp NMs for ridiculous amounts of time a day doesn't make them a better player.

I liked the Einherjar addition a lot, it takes a good group to get the gear and crap yeah, but "anyone" can get it and don't have to waste their time "trying" to claim some NM the better bot just gets.
[+]
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-06-17 04:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont like this idea at all, might as well start giveing hundreds o k for logging and make gil grow on trees.
 Ramuh.Ravencrest
By Ramuh.Ravencrest 2009-06-17 04:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
All of the running around you did in WoTG may just be enough. Doing missions up to a certain point. Then doing more quests so you can proceed on your missions. Doing Sandy quests in order to proceed yet further. God only knows how much more in further updates. All of that work beats buying a bot, setting up in DA for a 3.5 and having it claim Nid for you.

Then make an Ein. linkshell or join one. Not that hard.. and no doing quest and missions is not enough to give "anyone" a king body they made those hard to get for a reason, I suppose you would want Salvage bodys to drop in ANNM too then just about the same thing. They are not meant for everyone to have if you want then go put in the time to kill odin to get.
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2009-06-17 04:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:

Overreact much?

Bottom line, your "rare" LOLKINGBODIES aren't rare anymore, if you even have any. In 2004 they might have been a tad rare and hard to obtain but most definitely not now. Let's face it, the kings aren't even a challenge anymore.

I guess the level of how much anyone deserves a king body is dependent on how many windows of a king they can camp with some friends, amirite? I've seen more horrible warriors with adaberks than warriors with haubergeons.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ravencrest
By Ramuh.Ravencrest 2009-06-17 04:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yarly said:
Bottom line, your "rare" LOLKINGBODIES aren't rare anymore, if you even have any. In 2004 they might have been a tad rare and hard to obtain but most definitely not now. Let's face it, the kings aren't even a challenge anymore.

I guess the level of how much anyone deserves a king body is dependent on how many windows of a king they can camp with some friends, amirite? I've seen more horrible warriors with adaberks than warriors with haubergeons.

No they can do it the botting way with a bunch of morons or they can go do Ein. and earn it the legit way and put alot of hard work into getting it. And btw ahuberk is still the best DD body for WAR/DRK/BST.
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-17 04:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yarly said:
Miemo said:

Overreact much?

Just saying some gear isn't meant for everyon, and to answer a earlier statement, no I don't belive someone who bots deserve any armor. They get busted eventually and baned.

I don't do HNM, don't plan to compete against bots either. Einherjar - Yes. And it is hard in there - Rewards are impossible to gauge.
To compare something of this calliber against geting the bodies for free after doing a few missions is a no.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-17 04:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately the whole HNM scene just isn't an option to most people, or certainly not the way most people want to spend 3 hours a day. Einherjar is great for offering an alternate method of getting all these abjurations, but the drop rate is truly terrible. A very good LS with excellent member attendance can do Odin once a fortnight, a good HNM LS with excellent member attendance can kill 72 kings in this time. They won't, but it is technically possible. If you want these drops, Einherjar generally won't get them for you for a long, long time.

On the other hand, the Einherjar shell has done exactly 2 hours of work in those 2 weeks while the HNM shell has done anywhere up to 216 hours. It's just a shame though that it's close to impossible to be competitive in the HNM scene without living in Japan and/or botting. If it wasn't for 3 hours a day at completely random times and the shitty shady botting element I know a lot more people would do HNM, and the body pieces are only a part of the reason why.

Seriously SE, make all these things pop NM's to get rid of botters and open up the drops to people with lives outside of FF.
[+]
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-17 04:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Unfortunately the whole HNM scene just isn't an option to most people, or certainly not the way most people want to spend 3 hours a day. Einherjar is great for offering an alternate method of getting all these abjurations, but the drop rate is truly terrible. A very good LS with excellent member attendance can do Odin once a fortnight, a good HNM LS with excellent member attendance can kill 72 kings in this time. They won't, but it is technically possible. If you want these drops, Einherjar generally won't get them for you for a long, long time.

On the other hand, the Einherjar shell has done exactly 2 hours of work in those 2 weeks while the HNM shell has done anywhere up to 216 hours. It's just a shame though that it's close to impossible to be competitive in the HNM scene without living in Japan and/or botting. If it wasn't for 3 hours a day at completely random times and the shitty shady botting element I know a lot more people would do HNM, and the body pieces are only a part of the reason why.

Seriously SE, make all these things pop NM's to get rid of botters and open up the drops to people with lives outside of FF.

^ Much better idea then just give em for free after completing WotG or doing lolCampaign for it.
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-06-17 04:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah making them POP nms is a great idea.
I recall that SE fixed several NMa in this manner already.
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-17 04:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying it's an option either, but atleast in this way people still need to show some skill to obtain the armor. Doing campaign and BCNM where a KO don't even smack down your exp buffer.. ?

Compare the skill needed for a mission and look at the rewards obtained, they don't cut it close to a King Abj.
 Phoenix.Neilperry
Server: Phoenix
user: neilperry
By Phoenix.Neilperry 2009-06-17 07:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

#1 *** king body abjs, how about something *NEW*

#2 Einherjar is just as easy as dynamis. Bards+ assist macros+ rdm/drk is "work"?...All you gotta do is throw numbers at it. I personally think it takes more commitment and "work" to get a body peice through zilart, just becuase its more rare to actually obtain rather than garrenteed adj off of lolodin
[+]
 Ramuh.Ravencrest
By Ramuh.Ravencrest 2009-06-17 08:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Neilperry said:

#2 Einherjar is just as easy as dynamis. Bards+ assist macros+ rdm/drk is "work"?...All you gotta do is throw numbers at it. I personally think it takes more commitment and "work" to get a body peice through zilart, just becuase its more rare to actually obtain rather than garrenteed adj off of lolodin

No drop from odin is garrenteed. And teir 3 Ein. takes skill if you do it with alittle over 20 ppl. But sure if you throw the max at it it can maybe be easy but still you gotta know what you are doing to win..
 Phoenix.Neilperry
By Phoenix.Neilperry 2009-06-17 08:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravencrest said:
Neilperry said:

No drop from odin is garrenteed. And teir 3 Ein. takes skill if you do it with alittle over 20 ppl. But sure if you throw the max at it it can maybe be easy but still you gotta know what you are doing to win..

I agree, I would just say that the majority of einherjar ls's are going in with 36.. just makes it a joke.

But I think einhergar was the answer to botting in ground. I do not wanna see WoTG missions reward those peices, I want something new.. maybe something comparable to those king abjs? I mean getting the best gear like that would I dunno kill the game for alot of people, its supposed to hard to get the best gear right? Atleast challenging? I mean ACP bodies for $10 bassicly right? The missions were a joke.... Soon SE's gonna start selling Relics for $50 too?

-New gear from WoTG missions is what I wanna see
 Ramuh.Ravencrest
By Ramuh.Ravencrest 2009-06-17 08:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Neilperry said:
I agree, I would just say that the majority of einherjar ls's are going in with 36.. just makes it a joke.

But I think einhergar was the answer to botting in ground. I do not wanna see WoTG missions reward those peices, I want something new.. maybe something comparable to those king abjs? I mean getting the best gear like that would I dunno kill the game for alot of people, its supposed to hard to get the best gear right? Atleast challenging? I mean ACP bodies for $10 bassicly right? The missions were a joke.... Soon SE's gonna start selling Relics for $50 too?

-New gear from WoTG missions is what I wanna see

Yea this I do wanna see and i'm also hopeing to see a new endgame area like sea etc for this with hopefully some nice peices of gear and chalenging fights.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-17 08:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention king abj are useless for certain jobs... Dalmatica for BLM is ***, SCH can't even equip. I don't wanna see 5 year old armor in my WoTG, would be completely stupid. I'd rather SE release something Salvage-like with more challenge and good rewards.

As for above, no I don't wanna see a sky/sea area like in WoTG. Starting something like this now would create drama, overcamping, botting etc... People still fight over some stupid tier 1 jailer or Despot, and we're in 2009.
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-06-17 08:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Neilperry said:

I do agree with you kinda... Einherjar is only easy if.. /shocked you already have killer gear. If you get any run of the mill LS and toss them in einherjar I bet you they wouldnt last too long simply due to not having the gear and skill to be able to keep up.

Thats why there are dozens of linkshells who cant even do tier 3.
 Ramuh.Ravencrest
By Ramuh.Ravencrest 2009-06-17 08:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Not to mention king abj are useless for certain jobs... Dalmatica for BLM is ***, SCH can't even equip. I don't wanna see 5 year old armor in my WoTG, would be completely stupid.

I'd rather SE release something Salvage-like with more challenge and good rewards.

I'd like to see a new area we can go into solo and explore like i said a sky sea type area with pop nms and maybe some sort of instanced areas also.
 Phoenix.Neilperry
By Phoenix.Neilperry 2009-06-17 08:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Xellith said:

I do agree with you kinda... Einherjar is only easy if.. /shocked you already have killer gear. If you get any run of the mill LS and toss them in einherjar I bet you they wouldnt last too long simply due to not having the gear and skill to be able to keep up.

Thats why there are dozens of linkshells who cant even do tier 3.

thats a good point, i guess i just figured the majority of serious einherjar players have got all the other basic ***done, but true
 Phoenix.Neilperry
By Phoenix.Neilperry 2009-06-17 08:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravencrest said:

I'd like to see a new area we can go into solo and explore like i said a sky sea type area with pop nms and maybe some sort of instanced areas also.

Would love this, with all new gear as well.

With RARE/EX gear also! none of that all-sellable Sandworm/DI ***.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-17 08:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravencrest said:
Antipika said:
Not to mention king abj are useless for certain jobs... Dalmatica for BLM is ***, SCH can't even equip. I don't wanna see 5 year old armor in my WoTG, would be completely stupid.

I'd rather SE release something Salvage-like with more challenge and good rewards.

You won't farm anything if you can solo, unless you fill area with mobs that instant respawn. Just imagine how it would turn out if Sea v2.0 was released today and if everyone would get access to it at once. "Pop NM" means nothing also. Can be pop NM like Uli and Diorite, doesn't prevent botting, overcamping, etc... Even a ZNM like system would barely work, since price of pop item raise if they're in high demand...

I think you don't realize that almost all players have been waiting, since ToAU, for a -real- new endgame area like sea/sky. So you can be sure that w/e you release, if it have good drops/money, it'll become so crowded that it'll sux for everyone. I can't imagine an area like sea with 150+ players in it 24/7.

SE will have to spread new rewards among instanced areas, missions/quests and open areas.
 Phoenix.Neilperry
By Phoenix.Neilperry 2009-06-17 09:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
I can't imagine an area like sea with 150+ players in it 24/7.

SE will have to spread new rewards among instanced areas, missions/quests and open areas.

I dont remember Sea ever being THAT bad becuase 50% of the population still dosent even have access. I'd like an area similar to sea/sky but the requirments for access to be challenging missions (like sea....before /gimp). Rare/Ex pop items to pop NMs with rare/ex gear. Also I think your on to something with new instanced areas offering good gear as well.
First Page 2