users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Fulcrum Pole vs Plenitas Virga
Fulcrum Pole vs Plenitas Virga
 Sylph.Shandok
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-24 23:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, just managed to get Plenitas Virga tonight. Yay! Now while I can see this for shattersoul and some nice staff fun time. I was wondering about this vs Fulcrum which has some nice attribute buffs too which would be nice for WSing in. Just kinda wondering if anyone else still looks at their Fulcrum beat stick or if everyone just stays with the Everquest staff? Thanks.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-24 23:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Virga is higher base damage, has haste built in, and has 20 INT (shattersoul's mod).

Seems pretty cut and dry. I can't imagine the 15 STR on Fulcrum making up for all that, though I guess I could math it and know for sure.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-25 00:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Virga is higher base damage, has haste built in, and has 20 INT (shattersoul's mod).

Seems pretty cut and dry. I can't imagine the 15 STR on Fulcrum making up for all that, though I guess I could math it and know for sure.

The new WS are so heavy on stat mod though, that I really doubt it would come close.
[+]
 Sylph.Shandok
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-25 20:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input. Guess I should sell this fulcrum pole off then eh? Since it sounds like it has no purpose now heh.

Also I was thinking.. Arbuda Grip with that 1% haste, added into the staff, would that be worth using when using this staff? Or should it just stick to things like Danger grip still be more ideal.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2013-01-25 20:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shandok said: »
Thanks for the input. Guess I should sell this fulcrum pole off then eh? Since it sounds like it has no purpose now heh.

Also I was thinking.. Arbuda Grip with that 1% haste, added into the staff, would that be worth using when using this staff? Or should it just stick to things like Danger grip still be more ideal.
If you're 2handing on PLD, you should probably use Pole Grip.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-01-25 21:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You're going to cap gear haste extremely easily using PW staff, that grip would make no sense.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2013-01-25 21:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When i glanced at the title, i saw Fulcrum Pole vs Plenitas Vagina.

as you were