[Dev] Seekers Of Adoulin (Mar 13)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
[Dev] Seekers of Adoulin (Mar 13)
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-31 21:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Mystic knight in 5, only had "enspells" though, didn't they? Red mage already has that, so I'm not quite sure that's the particular origin, is it? But again, since SE dubbed them the "magical damage tank", they are evolving the role anyways, so we're not sure what we're gonna get, based on past games.
Mystic Knight's innate ability is Magic Shell along with their enspells.

Red Mage in FFV could learn Dual Cast and had an arenal of White & black magic that included enfeebles such as Silence, Protect, Mini, Poison, Sleep and Toad. They had no enspells in V.

Red mage in XI.... How did you not realize that's what I meant? lol
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-01-31 21:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just woke up. Forgive my comprehension. I had to reread your post several times lol
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-31 21:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
I think you might be confusing Rnf with Geo, maybe? I didn't see anything around Rnf that said their runes were party buffs (though Geo is all about AoE buff/debuffs). Can you cite that? I took the runes as being self buff only. They said at the unveiling, at Vanafest, it was the "magic damage tank".

Yeah I looked back at the notes given and basically you can choose between offensive runes for damage or defensive runes to enhance your defenses but they don't really go into what the defenses are or if they extend beyond solely magic defense.

I specifically recall them saying that you'd be able to do things like put magic shields up on party members, it sparked an entire discussion about support tanks rather than tanks that focused on holding hate due to the broken enmity system
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-31 22:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you cite it then Pro? I didn't see anything about that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-31 22:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It was during vanafest, so no, can't be bothered to dig for it. I just remember it being a whole big thing about it when they went over the different types of runes.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-01-31 22:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I specifically recall them saying that you'd be able to do things like put magic shields up on party members, it sparked an entire discussion about support tanks rather than tanks that focused on holding hate due to the broken enmity system

I thought I read something about that as well but I can't find the source so I assume I was either reading too much into the original notes or some of Geomancer bled into my memory of the Rune Fencer data.
By Enuyasha 2013-01-31 22:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

I thought I read something about that as well but I can't find the source so I assume I was either reading too much into the original notes or some of Geomancer bled into my memory of the Rune Fencer data.
prolly the Geomancer bit...i wouldnt put it past SE to enable RNF to be the Warcry/Rampart enmity spam tank :| along with spamming 10K Resolutions for ubermas hate :|

Even if i cant merit Resolution yet...im going to love leveling this job D: and i hope they increase mog house spaces to like 100 including the "moogle farm" so i can enjoy both jobs D:
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-01-31 22:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I found these notes from VanaFest:

• Their exceptional magic defense and elemental resistance put them squarely in the tank category, along with paladins and ninjas.

• Two broad categories round out their runic arsenal:

• Element-based runes add elemental damage to attacks and increase resistance to certain elements.
    • Enchantment-based runes increase either the fencer's attacking prowess or their ability to defend.

• Rune fencers will possess versatile abilities like one that cuts the duration of the next enhancing magic spell cast on them by half, but in turn amplifies the spell's effect 1.5 times, and another that erects a barrier that reduces magic damage.

That third bullet point caught my eye.

If it's built to work with all enhancing magic spells that would be pretty awesome.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-01 05:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking a closer look at the geomancer info, it specifically says that Geocolure spells and luopan can only be used as geo main, however it doesn't say this about Indicolure spells. Chances are these buffs can be used as sub then and if they don't suck geo might be a good sub for bards and corsairs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-02-01 07:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
I'm convinced someone will have 30k alex stored up,along with all the other items and crap and will have a mythic for one of these new jobs within 50 days of release (getting the weapon and redoing assaults time)

46 days if they have 5 tags saved up. 5 assaults on the first day, 1 assault a day for then next 45

Enuyasha said: »
Drivont said: »
I think the Cardinal Chant ability gives it directional bonuses. Be cool to see each element have a dot, debuff, -trait to that element, or just DMG boost
I do believe they explained it as where the caster is standing depending on mob facing. Like behind it will give MAB bonuses or whatnot. Would be interesting as a sub if it transfers over.

I thought it was based on directions like east of the mob, west of the mob, etc. but maybe I just misunderstood.

Anyways, T-rex > Fire --- Bee > wind --- Shark > water
Seems like they are trying to make a place for RNF by making all the Naakuals based off 1 element each. I assume the most of the rest of the Naakuals, if not all will follow the same patern.
 Leviathan.Lloydaurion
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Lloydaurion 2013-02-04 14:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

After seeing the PC specs on Amazon, I tried to confirm that Windows XP is no longer supported. SE's store says the same, so I emailed their customer support. They confirmed that Seekers of Adoulin is NOT compatible with Windows XP. Fair warning to people still playing on XP.
[+]
 Sylph.Chardero
Server: Sylph
user: chardero
By Sylph.Chardero 2013-02-04 14:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Lloydaurion said: »
After seeing the PC specs on Amazon, I tried to confirm that Windows XP is no longer supported. SE's store says the same, so I emailed their customer support. They confirmed that Seekers of Adoulin is NOT compatible with Windows XP. Fair warning to people still playing on XP.

Da fuq! Love my old *** XP machine... >.<
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-04 14:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, considering that the base game is still compatible with XP I have a very hard time believing that they've changed the architecture of a single expansion to not be compatible with XP
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-02-04 14:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not compatible and not supported are not necessarily the same thing. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll probably work just fine, and whoever you communicated with was horribly confused or misinformed.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-02-04 14:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, considering that the base game is still compatible with XP I have a very hard time believing that they've changed the architecture of a single expansion to not be compatible with XP

Well, just so you guys know I think the only reason it doesn't say XP is cause Windows XP is offically 'out of life cycle' and Microsoft doesn't offically support the platform anymore. This is probably more of a 'SE Covering their ***' type thing, just incase.

I'm sure it'll run just fine in Windows XP though.
By Drjones 2013-02-04 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be more concerned over whether or not it'll actually be compatible with Windows 7 honestly.
 Valefor.Azmodan
user: Azmodan
By Valefor.Azmodan 2013-02-04 14:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more worried about my Windows 95 rig being able to run this or not.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-02-04 14:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Well, just so you guys know I think the only reason it doesn't say XP is cause Windows XP is offically 'out of life cycle' and Microsoft doesn't offically support the platform anymore. This is probably more of a 'SE Covering their ***' type thing, just incase.

I'm sure it'll run just fine in Windows XP though.

XP is still supported until April 8, 2014

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-04 14:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That'll probably be extended, too. XP is still a very popular OS. 7's phased it out a lot in the last year or two, but we'll probably see another couple years of solid official support for XP.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 13:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Slycer said:
tl;dr, don't expect any more version updates or patches until SoA releases.

Regarding Version Updates/Patches until SoA

Quote:
[[Quoted old post from community team about Gleosuccus not working correctly and that they were going to fix it in a future version update. They just quoted this as a jumping off point for the more general conversation below.]]

Regarding this matter, we'd like to apologize for the continued inconvenience.

For a little information on the current situation, on the development side, although there is already a fixed version, it is in a state that cannot currently be delivered in a version update.

Upon release of Seekers of Adoulin, the game state is called the "validation master." It is required to finalize this, and we are currently in the middle of the validation process.

The validation master copy of the game must be provided for hardware manufacturers and ratings agencies for further examination as to whether it is functioning properly without any problems and to review the game content. The ratings have not been carried out yet, for example (this is quite a loose explanation).

This validation is not necessarily performed all at once, and modified/updated versions are resubmitted after a certain period of time, so there is a need to prepare several revisions.

While managing several versions of the master copy for validation and separately making versions of the release copy of Seekers of Adoulin, we cannot prepare patches for version updates and we will put their status on hold. (Patches will be incorporated into the version update currently in development for the Seekers of Adoulin data.)

For this reason, you've had to wait longer than expected for this and we truly apologize; however, we request that you please give us a little more time.

Slycer said:
Translation of new post:

Regarding /yell (Follow-up)

At the time when Seekers of Adoulin is released, we would like to add the following areas:

• Town area added in Adoulin

• Aht Urhgan Whitegate

• Chocobo Circuit

For cities such as San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok, and those in the outlands, we will continue to review the situation after we expand to the areas above.

Additionally, we are also currently doing development work to expand the range of party invitation. Because this will take a little more time, we will introduce these one at a time, first introducing the additional yell areas, and then expanding the party invitation range.

...I almost accidentally gave away the name of a new area.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-21 12:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

(I know this was posted earlier, but I'm going to post it here since there is a follow-up on it)

The Sacred City of Adoulin (02/20/2013)

Adoulin is a storied land, with a history intriguing enough to rival those of the Middle Lands and Aht Urhgan.

Under what circumstances did the Sacred City of Adoulin come to be? What is life like in this mysterious nation?

History

Adoulin is the name given not just to the city on the main island, but to the outlying island chain as well.

About 200 years ago, the age of pioneering that dominated the political scene?an age referred to by historians as "the great expedition"?drew to a close.

The plans for colonizing Ulbuka were postponed indefinitely, and a large wall known as Jorius Yett was constructed between Eastern Ulbuka and Adoulin proper?a task which took many years and thousands of workers to accomplish. This massive structure enclosed what little was left of habitable land in Adoulin and its dwindled population.

The great expedition came to an end after hundreds of years. Yet the wounds left by this retreat were severe, as merchants, nobility, and even common folk sunk nearly all their resources into expanding Adoulin's domain within Ulbuka. The resulting economic collapse closed the curtain on what would have been a shining future for the budding nation.

The ruling house of Adoulin and the eleven noble orders, sensing the need for change if Adoulin was to survive, elected to dissolve the long-standing imperial system, rearranging the government into what was to become known as the Sacred City of Adoulin.

The first goals the empire set its sights on were not to simply recover from its martial decay, but also to contain the surrounding island nations. These considerations bore fruit, as Adoulin developed into a city-state with well-funded mercantile trade.

In recent years, Ygnas S. Adoulin, leader of the Order of Adoulin, declared that the colonization project was to be restarted after countless centuries. This move was not without political consequences, however, and the alliance between the twelve orders has started to fracture into factions supporting and opposing the project.

Illustration: Mitsuhiro Arita

Adoulin's Establishment

In ancient times, the Isle of Adoulin and other surrounding islands were ruled by a fierce crocodile-like demihuman race known as the Velkk. The great hero August, a man called "the founder king" and whose legacy is felt in Adoulin to this day, drove them out from Adoulin, with what little forces they had remaining seeking refuge in the far western part of Eastern Ulbuka. August constructed a castle on the land the Velkk once held, and a city sprung up in the surrounding area. This was the origin of the Adoulinian Empire. In recognition of their great service to the first king, eleven of August's most trusted soldiers were granted land and status, and formed the other eleven orders of Adoulin that exist to this day.

Politics and Government

Adoulin is governed by a ruling council that makes decisions via consensus. The grand chancellor is Ygnas S. Adoulin, but as the council has the final say over all matters both domestic and international, the position is merely an honorary title.

Grand Chancellor
Ygnas S. Adoulin
Alliance leader/foreign affairs Order of Adoulin In favor
Minister of Finance
Melvien de Malecroix
Treasury and revenue Order of Woltaris In favor
Minister of Justice
Hildebert
Legal and judiciary Order of Weatherspoon Opposed
Minister of Public Affairs
Svenja
Public health and well being Order of Janniston Opposed
Minister of Education
Ikhi Askamot
History and Academia Order of Renaye Opposed
Minister of Commerce
Chero-Machero
Commerce and Economy Order of Gorney In favor
Scouts' Coalition Maester
Margret
Survey and Research Order of Haverton In favor
Pioneers' Coalition Maester
Lhe Lhangavo
Pioneering and agriculture Order of Karieyh In favor
Peacekeepers' Coalition Maester
Gratzigg
Security and defense Order of Vocane Opposed
Mummers' Coalition Maester
Flaviria
Entertainment and intelligence Order of Thurandaut In favor
Couriers' Coalition Maester
Reginald
Transport and inspection Order of Shneddick In favor
Inventors' Coalition Maester
Amchuchu
Industry and technology Order of Orvail In favor

Population

Humes: 35%
Mithra: 25%
Elvaan: 15%
San d'Orian Elvaans: 10%
Ouschrahd Galka: 10%
Other: 5%

Language

Common

Major Religions

Eimert Church (believers in Altana)
Church of San d'Oria (believers in Altana)
Island Animitism
Talekeeperism
Tavnazian (believers in Altana)

Major Landmarks

Castle Adoulin
Exorcists' Priory
The Silver Spoon (members-only auction house)
Celennia Wexworth Memorial Library
Fontis Xanira
Jorius Yett
Platea Triumphus
Statue of the Goddess
Mog Gardens

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-21 12:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mocchi: Reponses about Adoulin

Quote:
Guy's saying that although Tarutaru isolated themselves in the Sarutabaruta area for protection during the wartime, they did spread out in later eras so he's wondering why most of the Tarutaru population is still concentrated in Windurst, and especially why there are more Galka there than Tarutaru. Also mentions surprise that there are two Tarutaru out of the 12 council members if they are such a small percentage of the population.

As you say, the number of Tarutarus that appear outside the Sarutabaruta region is low. They are a timid race, and in the depths of dungeons they are actually afraid of the dark. Also, since they are not very strong, if they go outside their nation, they become easy targets for hostile foreign enemies.

*Note that there are some super-human Tarutaru with special abilities that are not subject to these limitations.

Therefore, we have included "Tarutaru" in the "other" section of the population. I am sorry to those of you who like Tarutarus.

That being said, you will find the usual handful of Tarutaru NPCs in the city as well as some unique individual Tarutarus, so I don't think you'll feel that it's much different than anywhere else when walking around town.

Quote:
Guy doesn't really understand how the all of the houses could establish a line of descendants considering how Galkas don't exactly have heredity.

The names of the twelve orders of Adoulin are not hereditary.

When the alliance was first formed, each of the distinguished families had a small part of the land. Later, each order scouted from among those residing in that land to find the best representative for the council.

Now, the family names are just the honorary titles of the orders. Gratzigg has served as the peacekeepers' coalition maester because he has been so influential.

It should be noted that the seat of royalty of the original Adoulin bloodline has been passed down, and Ygnas is the legitimate heir of August.

Quote:
Random excited guy saying that he liked the story, asking for more info, and saying that he's very excited about Adoulin being only a month away.

or more information, including information about the various facilities in Adoulin, we really just want you to take a look and explore while walking around down. Some facilities will become important as the scenario progresses...

Once the gates to Adoulin have been opened, a new history will be carved and you'll all be a part of it. We're greatly looking forward to it!

[[There was one subsequent post saying there was some wrong info about Ikhi Askamot in the original story on the forum. Maybe it was only incorrect in JP, not sure.]]

Translated by: Slycer
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 21:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Site updated, I'll get the new details up soon.

for now just check http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/index.html

The battle theme seems to be playing as well

Music: http://www.playonline.com/ff11/adoulin/swf/music.swf?1362021781680
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 21:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The rune fencer is a job capable of controlling the ebb and flow of battle through the use of offensive and defensive runes inscribed upon their flesh to bolster their combat capabilities. Just as with the paladin and ninja, they excel in keeping their comrades safe, particularly with respect to magical damage from the elements. They are also practitioners of divine and enhancing spells, enabling them to be prepared for any engagement.

There are eight varieties of runes, each corresponding to a particular element. Harboring a particular rune adds its elemental affiliation to the rune fencer's repertoire, and a total of three runes may be active at any given time.

Runes are physical representations of a rune fencer's power.
When a rune fencer harbors a particular rune, he gains elemental resistance and deals additional damage from certain elements on autoattacks. Furthermore, harbored runes grant the rune fencer access to two special abilities--wards and effusions--which he can utilize in encounters to call forth a diverse array of offensive and defensive techniques.

Some Examples of Runes
Lux
Harboring Lux increases resistance against darkness and deals additional light elemental damage.

Flabra
Harboring Flabra increases resistance to earth and deals additional wind elemental damage.

Wards are abilities that enable the rune fencer to transform runes into a variety of powerful defensive effects. Different types of wards yield different effects.

The rune fencer invokes the shielding energies of his runes, reducing elemental damage taken by all party members in the area of effect. The types of elemental damage reduced depend on the runes harbored. Increasing the amount of runes of the same type further bolsters resistance, while inscribing runes of several different types broadens the scope of resistances.

Other wards include
Ward: Pflug
The rune fencer calls upon the dormant vivacity of his runes, increasing resistance against status ailments.

Effusion is en ability that enables the rune fencer to transform runes into powerful offensive abilities. Different types of effusion yield different effects.

The rune fencer discharges his runes in a debilitating tempest, consuming them to rend his foe's defense against damage from the elements. The types of defense reduced depend on the runes harbored. Increasing the amount of runes of the same type further increases the effect.

Other effusions include
Effusion: Lunge
The rune fencer unleashes the force of his runes in a deadly blast, expending all runes to deal elemental damage to a target. The number of runes of the same type harbored determines the damage dealt.

The rune fencer enhances his mastery over his blade, increasing his evasion and accuracy over time. One should not let his guard down even in this heightened state, however, for being the target of a critical hit will reset this value.

The rune fencer enhances his natural nimbleness, greatly increasing his evasion against physical special attacks. The effect diminishes over time.

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 21:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-27 21:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

those greatswords omg...
[+]
 Cerberus.Maxiel
Server: Cerberus
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2013-02-27 21:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Battle theme preview is pretty short. If that's the whole loop already then I'm disappointed lol.

Anyway both jobs look interesting and effective in paper. I'm really hoping this expansion doesn't flop. I dunno why I have so much faith in SE all of a sudden.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 21:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maxiel said: »
battle theme preview is pretty short unless thats the whole loop already :P.

Anyway both jobs look interesting and effective in paper. Im really hoping this expansion doesn't flop. I dunno why I have so much faith in SE all of a sudden.
Because we would like for them to succeed.

I'm sure regardless if they do it well or not there will be plenty of people who love it.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-02-27 21:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Swordplay seems more like the sort of thing you should give NIN, THF, or DNC given that they're more about not getting hit.

It was like when they gave critical attack bonus to DRK or Fencer to...all the jobs that get it. It's not detrimental to the job or anything, it's just confusing because it doesn't seem to complement anything on the job at all.

Alongside Foil, makes me wonder if RNF's going to get a pretty high base evasion and possibly evasion bonus of some level.

That aside, I'm loving the look of the job. The runes, the clothes...all very stylish!
By Kimble2013 2013-02-27 21:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it suppose to be a tank?
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 27 28 29