Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: DethCody
By Bahamut.Leonof 2021-07-26 09:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Leonof said: »
With axe at 8000dps, 38600 avg ws, 2.34 rounds/ws

That WS avg is probably wrong. You probably dont add offhand hit at all. The avg should be way above 45k at attack cap with that posted set. I confronted it with my own WS calculation to find that was set up wrong in sheet. I added "1" in the offhand column where you have Decimation stats to fix it.

I want to apologize because i think misread this the first time through, and have found what youre refering to. With that change it does bring it to 45-46k ws avg. And it looks like i was under estimating it in game for a similar reason, think i wasnt acc capped the last time i was messing around with decimation.

But to note, my main point wasnt really about the "true average" of decimation, was more that there is a lot of pointing to numbers on the forums without testing, thanks those of you went out and did some tests.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Deathknight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2021-08-29 21:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

I was reviewing my current Savage Blade WS set and confused myself. I have the below set:

ItemSet 381372

I thought Pummelers +3 body would be an improvement but I am seeing otherwise on the worksheet. Have I made an error or is this correct?

Additionally, do you have any other suggested improvements? Thanks!
By Starbucks 2021-08-30 04:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you assuming capped pdif?
By Taint 2021-08-30 06:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
Are you assuming capped pdif?

Very safe assumption based on the set.
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
Server: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2021-08-30 09:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Does R15 Lugra Earring +1 fit in anywhere?
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-30 09:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Deathknight said: »
Hello all,

I was reviewing my current Savage Blade WS set and confused myself. I have the below set:

ItemSet 381372

I thought Pummelers +3 body would be an improvement but I am seeing otherwise on the worksheet. Have I made an error or is this correct?

Additionally, do you have any other suggested improvements? Thanks!

wouldn't WSD+ do better than Double Attack tho? confused...
 Odin.Aurelius
Server: Odin
user: Aure9700
By Odin.Aurelius 2021-08-30 10:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not the double attack on the body.
It would be based on the Physical Damage Limit + stat.
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-08-30 10:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Aurelius said: »

Thank you for clarifying it.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-30 10:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zidaner said: »
At 3000TP
 Sylph.Deathknight
By Sylph.Deathknight 2021-08-30 14:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Aurelius said: »

Thank you. This was the missing piece to the puzzle.
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2021-08-30 14:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Zidaner said: »
At 3000TP

It replaces moonshade for sure at 3k effective TP, but I've been tinkering with it at different thresholds. Currently swapping out moonshade for lugra +1 at 1150 at night and always with warcry up in fencer builds. Lugra might be better than thrud at night too, depending on the rest of the set.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-30 14:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Resolution and Decimation will get more use as well
 Bismarck.Canih
Server: Bismarck
user: ninjafox
By Bismarck.Canih 2021-08-30 19:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got afterglowed my Ukon. Is there a specific syntax to put in the LUA for when AM is up?
By Elikins 2021-09-23 05:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updates on the Warrior guide? Really struggling to figure out what's the most ideal sets to be using, I'm a complete noob with the spreadsheet so any help with regarding the newer sets would be most welcomed! I have finally got to kill Bumba V15 with my static, and we are starting the RP grind so I have access to all the newer gear sets. Thanks :-)
By FaeQueenCory 2021-09-23 08:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Elikins said: »
Any updates on the Warrior guide? Really struggling to figure out what's the most ideal sets to be using, I'm a complete noob with the spreadsheet so any help with regarding the newer sets would be most welcomed! I have finally got to kill Bumba V15 with my static, and we are starting the RP grind so I have access to all the newer gear sets. Thanks :-)
Super generalized:
Use Sakpata stuff for WSs that have fTP transferring, generally they're gonna be BiS because of their double attack and PDL+.

TP set, you should try and shoot for 100% double attack. Should be easy enough as I assume you can do basic arithmetic. You'll likely use a lot of Sakpata for that too (like the hands off the top of my head for their double attack and store tp).
Try and get as much Store TP as you can and still hit that 100% double attack.

Single hit WSs: use the artifact and relic set pieces +3'd to have WSdmg+10%; the other three should be Nyame r20 B.

Between Sakpata and Nyame you have most of your sets main pieces.
Accessories are just filling in the stat mod for that WS, filling in to hit 26% haste for TP (can do that with one of the many belts with haste and DA), and ambuscade capes augmented appropriately. (For TP cape some prefer acc+30, but since WAR generally 2hands or single wields stuff, I prefer DEX+30. ~5 less acc for ~1% more crit is worth it.)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-09-23 08:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing around with using Skapata hands and / or legs on some single hit or Upheaval like WS's to see how the PDL works out. Interesting results but super hard to peg down since so many fights have nerfed frailty.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-23 15:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I started slowly padding out the BGWiki WAR guide and people are more than welcome to make additions. I think utilizing the Wiki's ability to be edited by active WAR players is a good route to take moving forward. The AH threads with 100s of posts are, uh, pretty miserable to hunt through, TBH.

I tried to take a multi-tiered approach because not everyone is fairly current and may even be a fresher player.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2021-09-26 18:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry guys, it is like 1/2 done. but not having much time these days.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-09-26 21:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Sorry guys, it is like 1/2 done. but not having much time these days.

And by the time it gets edited and released, they would of done another update that rearranged everything :D
[+]
By Elikins 2021-09-27 03:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point I'd take it 1/2 realeased!
By Ranoutofspace 2021-09-27 06:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would also be interested in the half-finished guide as well. Had to look back but it seems like the first mention of Spaitin starting the guide was 7 months ago. Looks like we need someone to hand it off to!
By Spaitin 2021-09-27 20:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
And by the time it gets edited and released, they would of done another update that rearranged everything :D
Yeah... the one downside of the sakpata update.
 Shiva.Anoq
Server: Shiva
user: Lawson
By Shiva.Anoq 2021-09-27 20:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
I started slowly padding out the BGWiki WAR guide and people are more than welcome to make additions. I think utilizing the Wiki's ability to be edited by active WAR players is a good route to take moving forward. The AH threads with 100s of posts are, uh, pretty miserable to hunt through, TBH.

I tried to take a multi-tiered approach because not everyone is fairly current and may even be a fresher player.

Nice job so far. Think having an updated gear progression would be nice for people starting out. Only thing I saw is your high-end TP set with Ukon isn't gear haste capped I don't think. Keep up the good work!
By xaniko 2021-10-05 07:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have updated GA/GS sets involving sakpata? Thanks!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-10-05 09:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of defensive sets, I don't think sakpata is going to be heavily used for TP. Hands have the unique distinction there as a very easy slot for 100% DA default TP set. Body is likely also good for that if you don't have a +5 DA Valorous Mail as well.

For non defensive sets, I'm pretty sure 100% DA isn't used as much anymore, which means Tatenashi is pretty king for 4 slots.

Honestly though, I'm often in 5/5 sakpata for TP right now, as mobs in sheol hit really hard, and I basically just run in full DT 90% of the time.

For WS, I see a lot of 5/5 sakpata for reso, but honestly, unless you're in Escha zones, you're probably not attack capped. Saevel did quite a bit of testing recently, and you can likely make use of as many as 2 PDL pieces outside of Escha because of geo nerfs in both dynamis and odyssey. Sakpata does have a ton of good DD stats other than PDL though, so for Reso, it's still pretty strong.

for great axe, Upheaval over 2000 TP looks like 4/5 nyame + relic head generally. When you are at attack cap, hands/legs become sakpata. Under 2000 TP, likely Sakpata is much more prominent.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-10-05 13:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure someone with a spreadsheet or sim could probably provide a more difinitive group of sets, but generally here are my GA/GS sets on war.

Upheaval 2000+ TP not attack capped Upheaval attack capped
ItemSet 380679 ItemSet 380682

Alternative Accessories:
lugra earring +1 Night time
Karieyh ring +1
Epaminondas's ring
regal ring

Alternative Gear:
Both of these have weaker base stats, but some amount of multi attack. They may or may not see better mileage than the items in the set.
Nyame mail
Nyame sollerets

Same alternatives as the other set honestly.

Resolution Default Resolution PDL
ItemSet 382050 ItemSet 382051

I think this is where min/maxing may actually produce a different set. This set should produce decent damage on reso. I've put a slight focus on also having STP on most pieces, since reso benefits a lot from TP overflow. It may produce lower overall damage, or it may not. I'll certainly change this based on sim or spreadsheet data that indicates better outcomes. I think sakpata's does have slightly more damage potential all around, even when not using PDL.

Gear Alternatives:
warrior's bead necklace +2 I'm not sure here
sailfi belt +1
Coiste Bodhar
Thrud earring daytime maybe

Head:
flamma zucchetto +2
Hjarrandi helm
Same as the non PDL version likely.

Edit: Godly DM augments on Odyssean/Valorous probably still exist too, but I've never gotten anything from Oseem, so I don't use them in my sets.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-06 12:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »

Just an FYI the sword and Axe build don't even cap haste.

Edit: Axe DW needs more DW even if you assume cap Magic Haste

Edit2: Ukon set as well unless you are assuming capped magic haste and haste samba, and hasso

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Resolution Default

Fotia belt should beat Sailfi belt for resolution
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 203 204 205 ... 224 225 226