Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 224 225 226
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-10-08 11:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, I was more referring to just removing DA at that point, and not necessarily commenting on what would be replacing it. You're absolutely right, STP is much higher than 1:1 to DA in an AM3 senario. I think in general, (and war may not ever actually be in this position honestly due to traits), you do need to consider whether you're removing so much DA in favor of AM3 that you might have multiple consecutive rounds of 1 attack where it slows (not overall TP gain) but your weaponskill frequency.
By SimonSes 2020-10-08 12:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
ItemSet 375195

This is what I was messing around with last night piddling around with ideas. Still lands me on 39 DA I believe.

And for the sake of the argument in a Zerg situation utilizing conqueror AM3 I can only assume that at that point a fighters roll wouldn’t be all that great assumption being attack cap? And you’d likely be using MS so what other roll would you utilize or am I overthinking the whole thing

Thats a very good set. You just need to be in first Unity to get 4hit build probably. Also that Vim torque.. Im still not sold to that 50tic DoT :/
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-08 12:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Been using the neck a lot recently have yet to have any issues with the poison effect being a huge detriment.... yet.

If I were to remove the DA merits that set would land at

4 quad
20 TA
23 28 da

And I have a pair of odyssean legs with 3 quad and like 15 acc augments wondering if that would or should replace the legs
By SimonSes 2020-10-08 12:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

4 quad
20 TA
23 da

And I have a pair of odyssean legs with 3 quad and like 15 acc augments wondering if that would or should replace the legs

28%Da is minimum for WAR I think. You should aim for 4hit build. Loosing storeTP from legs would be bad. You are at the edge already (assuming first unity).
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-10-08 13:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
4 quad
20 TA
23 da

28%Da is minimum for WAR I think. You should aim for 4hit build. Loosing storeTP from legs would be bad. You are at the edge already (assuming first unity).
Aye you are correct it’s 28 shall fix
By Autocast 2020-10-08 20:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It still worth using crit damage valorous for Mighty strike ws sets with current ws gear options?

And if so what level augments are we talking here, as in maximum required to beat other gear options or just so-so.

For resolution and upheaval.
By Spaitin 2020-10-08 20:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Been using the neck a lot recently have yet to have any issues with the poison effect being a huge detriment.... yet.
Simon may not be sold on vim torque, but I am. Havnt had any issues with it yet. 50 HP a tic is kinda nothing these days. Even soloing with trusts I havnt noticed it yet. It is kinda OP for fights with sleep.

ItemSet 367271

This is my AMIII conq set. Everything augmented with STP. Quite a few decent swap options, but I like this one. Can swap chirich for moonlight rings. Acro or flamma hands are really good swaps, They are hard to beat. I am not sure on your set yet, I would have to math out some stuff to be sure, and I am too tired to do that now. But just eyeballing it, it appears to be pretty good. It has been a minute since I played with the numbers, but i beleive just stacking STP as high as you possibly can would be the way to go. Acro hands probably beat out the tatenashi.

Depending on sam's roll, you should be looking at 400-440 TP a swing.

Just a heads up, even with AMIII and r15, conq performs like a slightly gimped montante. The only real upside is you are not as squishy in your WS set. I had lycurgos spamming upheaval beating r15 conq, which made me sad.

Autocast said: »
It still worth using crit damage valorous for Mighty strike ws sets with current ws gear options?
Yes, go for MAXish with Taupe stones. STR and crtdmg for reso and vit crtdmg for upheaval. So like 4 on each and 10+ on the stat.

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I think in general, (and war may not ever actually be in this position honestly due to traits), you do need to consider whether you're removing so much DA in favor of AM3 that you might have multiple consecutive rounds of 1 attack where it slows (not overall TP gain) but your weaponskill frequency.
This isnt really an issue with a good conq set. With Sam roll, you should be WELL within the 3 hit build range. Meaning you will always be in the 2 attack rounds or less WS frequency. You will get TP in 1 attack round any time you get an MA procc. You will get it in two if you never have an MA procc. Not to mention retaliation.
By Autocast 2020-10-08 20:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Yes, go for MAXish with Taupe stones. STR and crtdmg for reso and vit crtdmg for upheaval. So like 4 on each and 10+ on the stat.

5/5 valor or only in specific slots?
By Spaitin 2020-10-08 21:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
5/5 valor or only in specific slots?
ItemSet 367715

ItemSet 366564

A little torn on the head for Reso. Val or flamma are both really good options. Gotta get some decent augs though for reso. It will need a bit more acc. The new montante augments make it a little easier. Rag is also better than it used to be for MS upheaval. Still behind a couple other options.
By Autocast 2020-10-08 21:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, appreciate it.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-10-09 12:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we're talking MS sets, what would you use for MS Spiral Hell with Drepanum? Val. hands/legs/feet with crit/str + yetshila and the rest the usual str/wsd setup?

Been bringing my war out of retirement for some MS zergs lately and heard good things about it, just wanna make sure my sets are at least mostly on point ^^

Also while I'm at it, would club still be the stronger blunt option if you aren't free to /mnk? (Asuran is really unimpressive even with the 50% boost from karambit/kaja on MNK at least) Love the versatiliy in weapon choices on war, but sometimes it's nice to be able to swap on the fly, without a trip to your mog house.
By Spaitin 2020-10-09 14:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I used the same set on drepanum. Just the wsd set. i never min maxed it for MS. I might have to do that later.

Club is the best blunt option without going /mnk. Loxotic Mace is really good.
By Taint 2020-10-09 16:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You need some pretty lucky Val Feet augments to beat:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/27412/boii-calligae-1

So Oseem them last.
VIP
By Lili 2020-10-09 17:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Club is the best blunt option

Somebody photoshop a war AF armor onto this doge pls
By Pilipinoboi 2020-10-14 16:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

Anyone have an updated Fell Cleave set? TBH, haven't used the WS since Abyssea days but would love to maximize it for this month's Ambuscade on trolls.

Thanks!
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-10-14 17:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a set made for mistral axe or savage blade, I believe that’s the one I use for cleave.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-10-15 13:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 376120
Something like this I would think.

str/wsd for augs where possible. Epa/karieyh+1 rings are also good options, may even be ever so slightly stronger if atk is fine? Rings should all be fairly close though so I'd just use whatever you have handy.
By layjinn 2020-10-21 08:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone be able to post their Fencer TP set + Savage Blade set? Been about a year since I played and wondering if anything new has come about. Thank you!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-10-21 08:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54111/warrior-dwfencerpolearmh2hranged
By JezeyX206 2020-10-21 13:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was curious what WS set you guys use for the ws Ukko's furry ?
 Asura.Luckycharmss
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-10-22 12:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 375729
By JezeyX206 2020-10-22 12:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty sir. I'm curious about your Back and feet augments as well.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-10-22 12:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

JezeyX206 said: »

I'm assuming a Crit+ Cape and WSDMG+5 Valorous. All I can do is speculate on that though.

That is how I'd gear it anyways.
 Asura.Luckycharmss
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-10-22 16:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

JezeyX206 said: »

Cichol's Mantle: DEX+30 STR +30 Acc+20 Atk+20
Critical Hit Rate +10%
Physical Damage Taken +10%

Valorous Greaves Augmented with STR/ACC/ATK/Crit.H.Rate or Crit.H.DMG
Use Taupe Stones/ Using Fern you only gain 1% more critical hit rate. Goodluck! :)

Also Moonshade Earring changes depending on time of day to Lugra Earring +1

Mantle Edit: STR may work better i havent done any numbers on it. This is just what works for me
 Cerberus.Caius
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2020-10-22 17:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt it be better to use Boii Calligae +1? Crit dmg +11%...more than you'd ever get augmented on Valorous? or is it the secondary augments to go along with that?
 Asura.Luckycharmss
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-10-22 17:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caius said: »
Wouldnt it be better to use Boii Calligae +1? Crit dmg +11%...more than you'd ever get augmented on Valorous? or is it the secondary augments to go along with that?

Secondary augments

Though if you are unable to get good aug on feet and dont have blistering sallet +1 yet. Empy Head /Feet will do just fine
By Spaitin 2020-10-24 12:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 366559

This set has been performing very well with stardiver.
 Cerberus.Caius
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2020-11-08 08:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how versatile WAR is and enjoy getting multiple weapon types. I have Shining one, Drepanum, Dolichenus, should soon have my Chango and would eventually like to finish my Ukon. Conqueror may be a stretch but hey maybe some day. As for Great swords i Current only have an augmented Macbain and a Monante +1(not R15).

So anyway my question is....What merited weapon skills does everyone keep and how many points? Most people have multiple usable jobs so how do you prioritize?

Between Resolution, Upheaval, Stardiver, and Requiescat...feeling a little stretched. I had hoped to unmerit Upheaval once i got Chango, however if you were to use Ukon, Conqueror or Bravura you wouldnt have access...

I understand how the merits work but does 1/5 vs 5/5 really going to make or break the WS?
First Page 2 3 ... 180 181 182 ... 224 225 226