Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 169 170 171 ... 224 225 226
By Spaitin 2020-03-20 22:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gel ring is the best of the new gear for war imo. It pushes wars max dps higher (marginally), none of the other item's do that. Sailfi nd lugra boost ws that are generally not the best for war ( still very good). Those two items seem to be more universal though.

Priority depends on what ws you spam the most.
By SimonSes 2020-03-21 02:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »

I dont spam WSs, Ukonvasara ftw!

Saevel rant in 3.. 2.. 1.. Actually, he probably blisted me, so maybe not :D
By Mrgrim 2020-03-21 05:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Empy Gaxe that good with AM3? Thats pretty wild.
By SimonSes 2020-03-21 05:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »

Empy Gaxe that good with AM3? Thats pretty wild.

It has the highest white damage in game with proper set.
By Spaitin 2020-03-22 19:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It is okay. Not a top 5 weapon on war. The set that makes it work lacks versatility and is a bit squishy. Overall it only shines in 1 or 2 fights.
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 20:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It is okay. Not a top 5 weapon on war. The set that makes it work lacks versatility and is a bit squishy. Overall it only shines in 1 or 2 fights.

It shines everywhere because:
1. It's a beautiful shiny weapon
2. Seeing common 20k+ white damage per round is very addictive and enjoyable :)
[+]
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-03-22 23:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It shines everywhere because:
1. It's a beautiful shiny weapon
2. Seeing common 20k+ white damage per round is very addictive and enjoyable :)

It's much better than it gets credit for.
By Spaitin 2020-03-23 13:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
It's much better than it gets credit for.
I agree, it is not a "bad" weapon. It is much better than most give it credit for. It is also not nearly as good as some seem to think.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-03-23 14:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If they release AF3 +3 one day, Ukon could have an even better white dps with Boii head body feet no? Not sure if the additional GA skills on body could add something.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-23 17:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm re-visiting my WAR and I'm trying to figure out which AF and Relic pieces are needed (required) for upgrades.

Specifically, I'm looking for 1h Axe WAR builds for TP and WS.
 Shiva.Ariaum
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-03-23 17:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm re-visiting my WAR and I'm trying to figure out which AF and Relic pieces are needed (required) for upgrades.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54111/warrior-dwfencerpolearmh2hranged/
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-23 18:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ariaum said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54111/warrior-dwfencerpolearmh2hranged/

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Don't know how I missed it.
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2020-03-28 15:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the best step sc for chango r15 if I wanted to do a lot of sc for peeps to mb? by this I mean if I wanted to do a couple light sc then t4 sc
By Odinz 2020-03-28 15:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

raging rush >raging rush> steel cyclone > upheavel?
or RR > RR > Uko's fury > Uko's fury?

been a while since i played.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-03-28 16:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

RR > RR > UP > UP or FULLBREAK > UP > KJ/Ukko > UP
The first one is the best solo light you can make, second one is good to open the fight
By Autocast 2020-03-28 16:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: nvm found sets on previous pages.
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Server: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2020-04-01 17:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There are so many options what tends to be the best outside of Drema?(Looking at card farming coming up). I might grab a chango next aeonic run till then.
Axe?
Polearm?
Sword?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-01 17:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
There are so many options what tends to be the best outside of Drema?(Looking at card farming coming up). I might grab a chango next aeonic run till then.
Axe?
Polearm?
Sword?

Best what?

They all have use. I would say GAXE is highest DPS? Polearm is good for stun/impulse drive. Sword is good for savage blade on things that can't be skillchained.

Axe has use with cloudsplitter in setups that are magic focused.
By Crossbones 2020-04-01 18:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimation with axe is pretty strong and easy to gear for out of the box provided you can get a couple sealed VD ambus in. Get the benefit of slightly higher attack speed than 2h (but less tp per hit) and don't need to collect a ton of WSD gear. From personal use comparing kaja axe to R0 chango if I'm not constantly doing SCs axe tends to win, especially if buffs are scarce (qiqirin ambu). WAR has a ton of toys and they can all be great or even "best" under specific circumstances. Everyone has their preferred playstyles to take into account as well, some like fencer builds while others prefer other setups. WAR is a murderfactory almost no matter what. Supposedly R15 chango is the "best", I haven't RP'd mine myself but from what I've seen it isn't super impressive to me (IMO) compared to alternatives but my sample size isn't massive so take that with a grain of salt.
By Spaitin 2020-04-03 10:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

For the most part, war will WS with 2 main sets that will have variations depending on the WS.

They flamma+ argosy set for multihit str, and the WSD set. The WSD set is our "premium" set and takes some effort.
The multihit set is easier to get imo. Could have it up in running in a few hours.

For multihit WS that are endgame ready
GS - Reso
Axe - Decimation
H2H - Raging Fists

For WSD WS ready for endgame
Sword - savage
Axe - mistral/calamity
Gaxe - upheaval and KJ (with conq)
Scythe - Spiral hell (SUPPPEERRR strong during warcry)

For crit WS ready for endgame
polearm - stardiver (better than people give it credit for, it does use a different set though).
Polearm - impulse drive (mostly you just use the WSD set with str, but can swap out for some crit rate.)

For white damage build weapons that are endgame ready.
Karambit - highest ws damage but second best white dmg, imo the best overall white damage weapon. easy to make work as well. 100% da with 100% crit with a 5 hit build on h2h is pretty awesome. This is the most versatile imo. Basically just need the cor or bard to go /dnc. It is more of a WSD weapon that happens to have good white dmg. I mostly use karambit to zerg vinipata. mob just melts to it.

Farsha - annoying to make work, but extremely fun when you do. Basically have to have a dnc in the party to make it pop. Extremely good when you tank on war. retaliation has a much higher procc rate. was EXTREMELY potent on the meeble month of ambuscade.

Ukon - highest white damage but lowest weapon skill damage by far. I rank it as the worst of the 3. But it is probably the easiest to make work. The set it requires is squishy and going into hybrid will make the weapons dmg output laughably bad. It does work really smoothly on the velk month.

Here are the basic 2 sets.
For multihits, earrings may change a bit.
ItemSet 366560
For WSD, the augments are WSD and whatever mod the WS you are using needs.Rings may change a little.
ItemSet 370967

Probably some more sets WS that i forgot about, war has so many it is hard to keep track. Best weapons outside of DREMA? Ambuscade weapons, quite a few of the GS are good on war. Montante+1 is a no brainer, easy to get and powerful right out of the gate. Depending on what oddyssey does to it, it might become even more crazy.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-04-07 09:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about Armor/Full Break. Does the WS modifiers affect the effect duration/landing or is it just magic accuracy(aside from accuracy needed to actually land the hit)?

I ask this because I'm trying to save space in my wardrobe and don't want to carry the full flamma set just for Armor/Full Break. I'm using Odin Head/Relic+3 body/Volte Hands/Volte Legs/Relic+3 feet instead as I have those in other sets. I pretty much only ever use R15 Chango, rarely Naegling, and rarely Shining one so I really don't want to lug Flamma around
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-07 09:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

TP determines the duration, magic accuracy is if you hit that duration or not. Flamma +1 is epic for all the break WS's.
[+]
 Sylph.Saviour
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Saviour 2020-04-07 13:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning player, looking for 2h weapon options. Is the ambu GA worth building as a stop-gap until my LS's next round of Aeonic clears? Will look at any viable option.
By SimonSes 2020-04-07 13:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Saviour said: »
Returning player, looking for 2h weapon options. Is the ambu GA worth building as a stop-gap until my LS's next round of Aeonic clears? Will look at any viable option.

Axe, polearm and sword are all better options, because they are very good and still useful even when you get Chango.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-07 14:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Saviour said: »
I’m actually curious about the Ambu Axe’s HP>TP Bonus conversion. Could be good? Idk.
 Sylph.Saviour
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Saviour 2020-04-07 14:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the sword already, I can build one/two more immediately so I'll look at those, too. Thanks
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-04-07 14:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I’m actually curious about the Ambu Axe’s HP>TP Bonus conversion. Could be good? Idk.

It's quite good. Per BG Wiki, the TP bonus is 20% of current HP (capping at 1000TP at 5000HP). So, at typical HP levels, it's got a similar, or greater TP bonus than Chango, along with higher base damage and other stats.
Great option for someone that doesn't have plans for a Chango anytime soon. Those that do, as mentioned, would find more value in building one of the other weapons.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-04-07 17:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That gaxe is great on DRK with drain 3, but the main reason Chango is that good is because of additional skillchains, so even with similar tp bonus ambu gaxe is not the same. That being said while Chango is amazing for Radiance, ambu Lycurgos has nice Darkness with upheaval/armor break > steel cyclone > upheaval > steel cyclone.
By Spaitin 2020-04-07 19:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The Gaxe is not a bad option. When I party with a MNK using mantra it is particularly good. Can get like 800 TP bonus when spamming it, kinda nice. If you are starting out, GS is the way to go. WSD gear is the top end gear and takes a lot more effort. Multihit are easier to gear imo.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-07 19:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That gaxe is great on DRK with drain 3, but the main reason Chango is that good is because of additional skillchains, so even with similar tp bonus ambu gaxe is not the same. That being said while Chango is amazing for Radiance, ambu Lycurgos has nice Darkness with upheaval/armor break > steel cyclone > upheaval > steel cyclone.

This post just gave me a thought actually. I think it'd be a good idea for as many guides as possible to all have a Self-Skillchain's section. That way any new player to the job that's using the guide will have Skillchains like these right there on the main page without needing to scour the forum or fumble about with sub-optimal WS Options.

Maybe include a bit in there with some examples and screenshots of how quickly Skillchain damage can go off the rails so the importance really soaks in?
First Page 2 3 ... 169 170 171 ... 224 225 226