The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 00:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you mean, they fixed it, lol. WSD should've always worked for every hit.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-20 01:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, ranger method at least got faster, so there's that.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-09-20 01:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... So now we have a problem. Increase WSD will pass to each hit. This should include the extra hit from DA and TA. So WSD has increased in terms of importance and so are the DA and TA in WS.

So how much DA should you get for every point of WSD you loose?

What about the WS stat like VIT and STR?
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-20 04:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I think you mean, they fixed it, lol. WSD should've always worked for every hit.

Oh no, you are absolutely right. I think it should have been either a flat +X% to the total or +X% to each hit (this being better). It’s just that we’ve lived in darkness so long that when such a time we see the light we are blinded lol
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-20 06:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Hmm... So now we have a problem. Increase WSD will pass to each hit. This should include the extra hit from DA and TA. So WSD has increased in terms of importance and so are the DA and TA in WS.

So how much DA should you get for every point of WSD you loose?

What about the WS stat like VIT and STR?

Well you have to remember that a lot WARs best WSD equipments either have no tenable rival (Knobierrie) or are on Armors with really strong stats in STR VIT Acc and Attack. So STR and VIT should be minor concerns.

The big one now will be figuring Multi-Attack vs WSD. For Upheaval, nothing changes but for Resolution it gets tricky.. I’m imagining a Normal Resolution set but with Knobkierrrie, AF +3 Body and Cape as STR and WSD.

I haven’t done any math on it, that’s just a gut feeling. The Multi-Attack and WSD presently feed into each other for Resolution so you don’t wanna go all in on any one spot
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-20 07:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this could be one of two things, first SE goofed when they were modifying the WS damage code for the upgraded REMA's. We already knew about them breaking COR and GEO buffs which later required another server side patch. If that is true then this will also be patched sooner or later. The other angle is that WSD was always supposed to effect the entire WS, has been broken this entire time and when they were in there making the REMA changes they fixed this as well.

I'm more inclined to believe the first scenario because if it was the second they would of said something about it, but who knows. For now I've just created a ResolutionWSD set and altered my lua to use that one instead.
By SimonSes 2018-09-20 07:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Well this could be one of two things, first SE goofed when they were modifying the WS damage code for the upgraded REMA's. We already knew about them breaking COR and GEO buffs which later required another server side patch. If that is true then this will also be patched sooner or later. The other angle is that WSD was always supposed to effect the entire WS, has been broken this entire time and when they were in there making the REMA changes they fixed this as well.

I'm more inclined to believe the first scenario because if it was the second they would of said something about it, but who knowns. For now I've just created a ResolutionWSD set and altered my lua to use that one instead.

WSD working also for non REMA multi hit WSs might be some indication that it was intended, but only SE knows.
By olson2189 2018-09-21 09:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more inclined to believe the first scenario because if it was the second they would of said something about it, but who knows. For now I've just created a ResolutionWSD set and altered my lua to use that one instead.

Curious as to what your WSD Reso set looks like?
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2018-09-21 10:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 361478

New Resolution set? Val legs wsd+7-10%.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-09-22 22:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So argosy +1 is trash now? (Until we figure out what’s going to happen)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-22 22:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

olson2189 said: »

Curious as to what your WSD Reso set looks like?

Knobkierrie
Agoge Mask +3
Pummeler's Lorica +3
HQ Argosy hands (Path D)
Chicols' Mantle WSD +10
Pummeler's cuisses +3
Sulevia's leggings +2

WSD on hands and legs sucks for WAR unless you got crazy DM augments. Pummeler's +3 legs is a really nice accuracy boost to make up for the lost acc switching the rest of the gear. Argosy Hands are 39 STR 35 DEX Acc / Atk Store TP and DA +3. Seems like the best outside of DM augments or something crazy like STR 15 WSD 4 Acc/Atk 30.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-22 23:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the same set I'm using as well.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-09-23 19:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at making misc war capes this month and was looking at Hexa Strike. With WSD working the way it is currently would I be better off using my str/wsd cape? Or should I have a crit hit+ cape?
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-09-23 23:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is mighty strikes set going to stay the same way? Full Valorous with Crit dmg?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-24 00:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Until it's changed back, no except for maybe the boots if your augments are particularly good.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2018-10-03 17:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so this question is to Saevel and any other better with lua/gs then I am, how would I go about having my Gs adjust for TP values to change gear from mutliattack to wsd and vice versa?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-10-03 18:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Atigevomega said: »
Ok so this question is to Saevel and any other better with lua/gs then I am, how would I go about having my Gs adjust for TP values to change gear from mutliattack to wsd and vice versa?
Same as you handle a moonshade when you have to much TP for it to matter.
Code
if player.tp > 2500 then
   equip whatever set

elseif player.tp > 2000 then
   equip different1 set

elseif player.tp > 1500 then
   equip different2 set

else
   equip default set
end

make sure you're going from high to low with that code.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2018-10-03 18:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh ok simple enough then thank you Chiaia
By Brynach 2018-10-06 01:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What are yall using for savage blade for higher level content?
This is what im currently using but acc is only 1086 + 15 wsacc.

Post deleted by User.
By Brynach 2018-10-06 03:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we never do any content, high-level or otherwise, without REMA BRDs. More than a couple of us have them as support alts.

I just noticed that my tp set is ~1206 before any buffs or food. The ws set drops to 1086 +15 wsacc. I havent noticed much of an issue in practice while doing events, but I was interested in seeing if anyone else had any alternatives for some of the items I have chosen.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-07 09:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

We can see this is three tiers

Middle Tier: 1130~1180 accuracy in both TP and WS sets
High Tier: 1200~1300 accuracy in both TP and WS sets

I don't care Tier: 1100 or under in TP and WS sets.

Middle Tier should be what we aim for as a baseline prebuffs, this lets us tune buffs / debuffs to fit the situation while keeping all the DD's on the same level. High Tier is for when something goes wrong, a buff gets dispelled, blind happens, or some other situation that temporarily alters the accuracy situation.

The first hit of a WS gets +100 WS Accuracy bonus, but not any of the subsequent hits. With WSD now applying to all hits, WS's like Savage, Upheaval and King's Justice need decent accuracy to land all the hits.
By SimonSes 2018-10-07 11:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt really put Savage in the same group as Uphaevel or KJ even with wsd change. Hits other than 1st on Uphaevel and KJ can add very significant part of damage. Up to even 200% more (with multiattacks) than first hit below 2000tp. While for Savage even with 2x double attack proc all non 1st hits will add only around 30%, so not really the same. In other words for KJ and Uphaevel landing non 1st hits are required now. Its super important and crucial for damage. For Savage its significant bonus, but still only a bonus.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-10-07 11:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

On Savage those extra hits add up and it's a difference of several thousand damage per WS. ~30% of a WS's damage is still a huge amount.
By SimonSes 2018-10-07 12:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

On Savage those extra hits add up and it's a difference of several thousand damage per WS. ~30% of a WS's damage is still a huge amount.

I agree but there is a huge difference between on avg 30k savage instead of 35k savage and 15k uphaevel instead of 35k uphaevel. Or approaching it from gear perspective. If you need 100 acc to cap additional hits on Savage Blade and you would need to sacrife significant amount of wsd and str for it, you will probably at best end up with the same avg damage, but most lilely with lower. While for KJ and Uphaevel capped acc on additional hits is as important as capped acc on 1st hit.
By monkey33333333 2018-10-11 11:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

heyo ^^ i was wondering what would be a good Enmity set. would love some help ^^
 Shiva.Darksniper
Server: Shiva
user: Tshi
By Shiva.Darksniper 2018-10-12 17:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheaval and Reso set:

My Upheaval set
main="Chango",
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head={ name="Agoge Mask +3"