Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 224 225 226
By emerle 2018-04-30 17:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

none.. Argosy has no defensive stats. Shouldn't be TPin in it.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-30 18:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
What augments does Valorous body need to beat NQ Argosy Hauberk for TP?

None as you don't TP in argosy, except maybe for Apex.

https://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=353033

ItemSet 353033

Looks kinda like that, doesn't need to be exact but that's the general direction you want to go in. Body has DA +5 Acc/Atk +17. You can sub in Odyssean legs with DA or Store TP, Valorous Feet with DA or Store TP also work. DM campaign coming up so god tier Valorous Body and Valorous Hands are possible. Flamma ring also works if you need more Store TP for some reason.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-05-01 03:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty happy with where my TP and Upheaval sets have ended up. Just finished my mask and purchased a +1 belt.

ItemSet 358665
Body is Store TP+6 Acc/Attack+26.
Capes: DEX/Acc+30/DA
I may entertain going for QA Augments next campaign.

Upheaval
ItemSet 358666
Cape: VIT+30/Acc+20/WSDMG+10
Hands:VIT+3/INT+3 ACC/ATK/MATK/MACC+19, WSDMG+4
Puts me at a 5 hit with 89% DA, 5% TA, and 3% Quad

I'm not sure if I want to bother Augging Oddysean legs for WSDMG. Seems like I'd have to get a fair amount of accuracy to make up for Pummeler's and the AF set effect. The raw attributes, DA, and base accuracy is pretty impressive as well.

Pretty much my Savage Blade/Mistral Axe/Club WS set as well minus the cape.

Kirin Sword and Blurred+1 add an extra +11 WSDMG on top of that%
If they ever come out with +2/+3 Empyrean, it would rock if the legs ended up having WSDMG+10 and Fencer enhancements.

Is there anything I'm overlooking?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-01 07:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Chango set has a bit much Store TP, about 11 or so over. When you did your calcs did you factor Upheaval / KJ being multihits and thus providing more TP return?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-05-01 09:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Chango set has a bit much Store TP, about 11 or so over. When you did your calcs did you factor Upheaval / KJ being multihits and thus providing more TP return?

I ended up going over on it since I only have two valor mail ATM. I need to grab one more so I can put DA or QA on it.

Also I may of been slightly concerned about tp return on other WS for a 4-5 step since I lost some store tp switching to relic+3 head. I'll have to recheck that later.

Full Break will probably be used with Flamma+2, so tp return is less of an issue with that.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2018-05-01 16:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well first off weaponskill damage only applies the first hit of a weaponskill. So all that wsd you have is bad for Upheaval. Upheaval is a multi hit weaponskill so you want DA/TA/QA since it can proc on each hit. WSD is more useful for Steel Cyclone since its a single hit weaponskill.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-01 16:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD is quite good on Upheaval at higher TP values, generally 2k+. Since he has Chango and Moonshade, that's 1750 right there at minimum, and you're almost always working with at least some TP overflow. So WSD works better in his situation.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-05-01 16:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said: »
Well first off weaponskill damage only applies the first hit of a weaponskill. So all that wsd you have is bad for Upheaval. Upheaval is a multi hit weaponskill so you want DA/TA/QA since it can proc on each hit. WSD is more useful for Steel Cyclone since its a single hit weaponskill.

fTP doesnt transfer across hits like Reso. So WSDMG is actually useful for Upheaval, especially with Chango/Moonshade. Warcry makes it even better.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2018-05-01 18:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm well its a good thing I was working on a wsd set. Would this benefit Ukko's fury as well?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-01 18:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No because ukkos has a static ftp modifier of 2.

Upheaval is 1/3.5/6.5 at 1000/2000/3000 tp
King’s justice is 1/3/5
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-01 18:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukkos kinda benefits but only cause nothing else works well for it. 2.0 ftp on first hit with no transfer. It's the victory smite of Great Axe.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-02 07:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think Crit Rate/Crit Damage/MA would probably end up being more beneficial generally on Ukko's than WSD though. At most you're getting an extra 1 hit worth of damage from a 2.0 ftp mod with WSD, where as with DA you can get anywhere from 1-2 extra ftp .

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-02 08:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I would think Crit Rate/Crit Damage/MA would probably end up being more beneficial generally on Ukko's than WSD though. At most you're getting an extra 1 hit worth of damage from a 2.0 ftp mod with WSD, where as with DA you can get anywhere from 1-2 extra ftp .

It's about percentages, I've tried crit, DA and WSD builds and WSD tends to do better on average provided they have a higher amount of STR. You really just focus on STR and put in WSD when possible, once Empy feet hit +3 they would probably become best in slot for that.
Code
sets.UF = {
ammo="Yetshila +1",
head="Agoge mask +3",
neck="Rancor collar",
ear1="Telos earring",
ear2="Moonshade earring",
body="Pummeler's lorica +3",
hands="Argosy mufflers +1",
ring1="Niqmaddu ring",
ring2="Regal ring",
back=STR_Back,
waist="Grunfeld rope",
legs="Argosy breeches +1",
feet="Sulevia's leggings +2"}

UF's damage is split like this

+1.0 (extra hits)

With MA being checked twice, a 100% DA rate would give you

+1.0 x2

5.0 vs 3.0, or a 66% improvement. But since WAR gets 33 DA naturally that improvement drops to under 50%. WSD has similar characteristics. At 100% WSD the first hit would count for 4.0 with the extra hit adding to 5.0. The difference is that WAR starts off with more DA then WSD, so diminishing returns hurt WSD less. Crit rate is in a similar boat because WAR's innate 20% crit floor and Ukko's crit bonus puts you around 50% before gear. Every being a critical (100%) would be a ~66% increase in damage.

So yeah, all three methods do the same thing and suffer from diminishing returns, WSD just happens to be the one with the lowest starting point (3%) vs DA (33%) and Crit (51.25%).
 Asura.Xelnok
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-05-02 11:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had Warrior leveled and merited since the abyssea days but never got around to using it. I came back recently and decided I wanted to try it out in mainly Apex groups, or ambuscade normal.

My main question is about how well the current gear that I've gathered over the past few years will work out for those activities, (or potentially more difficult fights)?

This is what I currently have that I can use:

ItemSet 358693

The Founder's Breastplate is 1 step down from a perfect augment, but I can also make an Emicho Breastplate if that would be better (until I can get Valorous Mail)

Zulfiqar augments are 20dmg, 4str, 24 accuracy, 21 attack, +8 WS accuracy: I just got this so I can keep augmenting it, what is the ideal augment?

Also what are the recommended Valorous Mask, and Odyssean Leg augments?

My last question is what AF/Relic/Empyrean gear is worth bringing up to 119?

Thanks.
By emerle 2018-05-02 12:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Flamma Head +2 > Valourmask
Odyssean Leg augments you want double attack and high accuracy (attack as a bonus)
Upgrade the AF/Rrelic/empyrean gear that gives JA bonuses
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-02 14:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xelnok said: »

There are two answers depending on if your focusing on long term or short term.

Short term get DA and Acc on Ody legs which will server until you can get Pummelers. Once you get Pummelers, Ody with DA become kinda useless in general.

Long term you want Store TP and Acc on those legs because they make an amazing swap when you absolutely need a lot of Store TP like a Rag build.

Flamma +2 head is what you want to TP in, especially if your using the +2 Feet until you can get Pummelers feet.

Body you ultimately want Valorous Mail with DA +4/5 and some Accuracy, Founders can work in the meantime provided your working towards that Valorous. NQ Emicho is a placeholder, if you got the abjuration already then the cursed item is practically free and provides a really nice DA + Accuracy body. HQ Emicho is only useful when paired with the hands in a set that needs really high Store TP, not something most WAR's would be building.

Start trying to get your hands on a Montante +1, that thing is beastly and lets you do silly things with your build.
 Asura.Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-05-02 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There are two answers depending on if your focusing on long term or short term.

Short term get DA and Acc on Ody legs which will server until you can get Pummelers. Once you get Pummelers, Ody with DA become kinda useless in general.

Long term you want Store TP and Acc on those legs because they make an amazing swap when you absolutely need a lot of Store TP like a Rag build.

Flamma +2 head is what you want to TP in, especially if your using the +2 Feet until you can get Pummelers feet.

Body you ultimately want Valorous Mail with DA +4/5 and some Accuracy, Founders can work in the meantime provided your working towards that Valorous. NQ Emicho is a placeholder, if you got the abjuration already then the cursed item is practically free and provides a really nice DA + Accuracy body. HQ Emicho is only useful when paired with the hands in a set that needs really high Store TP, not something most WAR's would be building.

Start trying to get your hands on a Montante +1, that thing is beastly and lets you do silly things with your build.

Thanks for the reply.

I plan on getting the Flamma Head +2 once the new ambuscade starts. I spent a bunch of stones already and threw away some good STP augments on Odyssean trying to get DA, whoops. I'll probably keep augmenting the legs and stick with either a good STP or DA and keep whatever shows up first with the pummeler legs as the end goal.

I do have the Emicho body and hand abjuration, in what cases would the HQ be used over the Valorous Mail and Sulevia +2 hand combo?

Also, you mention that Montante +1 would be great with my build, would the Zulfiqar with better augments be able to do the same thing, or should I work towards the Montante +1 as well?

Edit: I also have the Vale abjuration for Argosy Head and Feet, according to the front page the Flamma head/feet +2 are in the dream resolution itemset, so am I correct in assuming the Argosy +1 are only a side grade in those slots?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-02 17:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have the Emicho body and hand abjuration, in what cases would the HQ be used over the Valorous Mail and Sulevia +2 hand combo?

I use the HQ set for my Ragnarok builds because you can DA +9, Store TP +7 and an *** ton of accuracy in those two slots. A 5-hit build on Ragnarok requires somewhere around 70~73 Store TP which is really high compared to Monte +1 needing 34~36. Ragnaroks big advantage over other weapons is it's ridiculously high innate accuracy, which makes it useful for building a higher accuracy set that also has high multi-attack. All my other sets use Valorous + Sulevia's because they simply don't need that high Store TP and I can go full monty with Multi-Attack.

Store TP and MA is what makes Monte +1 so damn powerful, it comes with a built in 11 Store TP which is present on both WS and TP. This cuts the amount of extra Store TP you need significantly, to the point where you really don't need to worry abut it at all. The TA +5 just adds more Multi-Attack goodness during both TP and WS. It also has a lower delay, though not like Rag (which is what makes Rag uncomfortable to gear around) so it's attack rounds come quicker. A 5-hit Monte +1 will WS faster then a 5-hit Zulfiqar, it should also hit slightly harder on average due to the extra MA and TP Overflow. The downside to Montante +1 is the complete lack of accuracy, it's a weapon you pull out when your getting really nice buffs.

So for Great Swords here is how it's broken out

Need lots of Accuracy -> AG Ragnarok
Zero care about accuracy -> Montante +1
General purpose -> well augmented Zulfiqar

I rarely use my Zulf now but I did use it quite a bit in the past when my gear wasn't blinged out.

Edit: I also have the Vale abjuration for Argosy Head and Feet, according to the front page the Flamma head/feet +2 are in the dream resolution itemset, so am I correct in assuming the Argosy +1 are only a side grade in those slots?

A bit more complicated then that. If super buffed they are downgrades since Flamma +2 has better overall stats. If you aren't being attack capped then HQ argosy is probably slightly better. WAR's usually don't have issues with attack due to Smite + Berserk + married to various support jobs. And if your situation is one where attack issues are going to be present, then Resolution likely isn't the answer, switch to a Great Axe and do SC's.
 Asura.Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-05-05 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just read through the last 60 pages, and aside from the occasional drama there is some really good info.

With the CP campaign coming up, I was thinking it would be fun to try and do apex crabs using cloudsplitter. Seeing as I have no gifts to boost fencer, I was wondering how well war/nin duel wielding axes, or axe/sword would be for apex crabs?

The two options I was looking at were barbarity/barbarity, or barbarity/demersal degen, just to try and get tp even faster with the Oat. Apex crabs need about 1150 accuracy total correct?

Thanks.
By Staleyx 2018-05-05 19:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You would have better results just multi stepping with gaxe. Assuming you have buffs and a spare bot or mule geo.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-05 19:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

CS for CP parties is when your doing a MB setup with a BLM / SCH or SMN in the back. You can pair up with several other jobs for some pretty brutal SC's. CDC -> Cloud Splitter is a vicious darkness.
By Squabble 2018-05-06 16:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys think about Agoge Lorica +3 for Resolution using a Ragnarok? Loss of 10STR but gain 1DEX 10ACC 25ATK 1%DA.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-06 17:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Think we proved awhile back that 15 STR > 3 DA, so it stands to reason that 10 STR > 1 DA. The rest is kinda small with the Atk being the one standing out and only if your not near attack capped with Reso's -15% penalty. If attack becomes an issue then pull out a GAXE.

The Relic Body / Legs were kind of a disappointment to me, was expecting better stats overall.
By olson2189 2018-05-12 17:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Would someone mind sharing their MS resolution (with augments) set?
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-14 13:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello War community! I've been gone since December of last year. Not too long of a break! Anything major come along since then? I've scanned the last few pages or so, but nothing looks different. Rag and Chango still the bees knees?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-14 14:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
Rag and Chango still the bees knees?

Rag hasn't been the best for awhile now, Montante +1 or Raetic Zulfiqar is where it's at for Reso spammage. Rag has become a situational accuracy swap item.
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-14 15:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
Rag and Chango still the bees knees?

Rag hasn't been the best for awhile now, Montante +1 or Raetic Zulfiqar is where it's at for Reso spammage. Rag has become a situational accuracy swap item.

Oh yeah! Good call. Other than that?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-14 15:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've not had great numbers using Raetic NQ. I just don't have enough MP and haven't seen a worthy justification for losing a bard song that gives acc or atk for the latent effect.

Maybe if you have a rdm I guess.

I currently use a Zulfiqar that has an augment of +28 DMG, +20 STR, +23 acc, +7 atk and its pretty beastly. Only way it could get better would be if it had gotten +DA or +STP on top of the other stuff. Mine has a Taupe augment, I think Fern/Pellucid can only go up to +15 STR.
 Asura.Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-05-18 11:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what my set is looking like after getting some more pieces:

ItemSet 358693

Augments:
Zulfiqar-29DMG, 14Agi, 23Acc, 4WSD
Valorous Mail- 10Str, 20Acc, 28Att, 8STP
Odyssean Cuisses- 14Acc, 14Att, 8STP

This puts me at 64 STP for a 4 hit zulfiqar. Do I need 64STP in the WS set as well? This set also ends up with 25% haste, how big is the difference between 25% and 26% haste? I can use the Gracile Grip if that 1% is a noticeable difference.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm also looking at the flamma +2 gloves + nepenthe, I would have some extra stp for overflow, and would also get the set bonus from the ring, head, gloves, and feet.
First Page 2 3 ... 112 113 114 ... 224 225 226