First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-14 12:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brennski said: »
Ody hands have a base 2% on them so say you get 5% on Hands thats 7%
Legs can get 5% thats 12% so 57% for Upheaval.

Reikiko is 4% for Savage Blade.
blurred shield +1 is another 7%.
for 11% so 68% for Savage Blade

Add in 3% from WAR 1200 Gift?

Yes though I only have WSD +4% on hands with VIT +14 and accuracy.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-03-14 13:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Camlann said: »
geigei said: »
Time to change dex augm on cape to 80mp.

Already got my Cichol with MP instead of DEX. Would be fun to Reso smash zerg something.

Asura.Saevel said: »
5% of max, been tested and verified. At 550mp it's a 27% chance at a free swing.

Anyone know how the STP part of the Raetic Algol +1 works?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51571/raetic-weapons-testing-discussions/
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-03-14 13:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
geigei said: »
Time to change dex augm on cape to 80mp.

Already got my Cichol with MP instead of DEX. Would be fun to Reso smash zerg something.

Asura.Saevel said: »
5% of max, been tested and verified. At 550mp it's a 27% chance at a free swing.

Anyone know how the STP part of the Raetic Algol +1 works?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51571/raetic-weapons-testing-discussions/

So in other words, DA matches MP spent point to point based on 5% of MP pool, and STP is half of MP spent per swing based on 5% of pool. In other words, need a pool of 2000MP to get the full potential of STP+50. Gear up MP!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-14 16:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Note that Raetic weapons only apply the bonus STP to the first hit in each round, so jobs with high natural multi attack like WAR and THF will get comparatively less benefit from the STP.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-14 19:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The HQ isn't worth as much for WAR, it's still nice but not super awesome like it is for DRK.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-03-14 21:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Note that Raetic weapons only apply the bonus STP to the first hit in each round, so jobs with high natural multi attack like WAR and THF will get comparatively less benefit from the STP.

Ok. If understood you correctly, the STP part procs on first hit. The chance at an additional hit is based on 5% of total mp pool. So the additional hit does not need to proc, and you still get the STP on first hit, unless your mp too low?
By Darkvlade 2018-03-15 10:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, question for Savael on the Reso set you posted earlier, I dont have utu grip or none of the 2 rings in that set, (I got everything else) my question is I been using bloodrain strap and regal & flamma ring, are these pieces still good to use until I get missing ones or shoul I be using other pieces for the time being, thanks in advance.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-03-15 11:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Ok. If understood you correctly, the STP part procs on first hit. The chance at an additional hit is based on 5% of total mp pool. So the additional hit does not need to proc, and you still get the STP on first hit, unless your mp too low?

Yes, the effects are independent.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-03-15 11:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvlade said: »
Hello, question for Savael on the Reso set you posted earlier, I dont have utu grip or none of the 2 rings in that set, (I got everything else) my question is I been using bloodrain strap and regal & flamma ring, are these pieces still good to use until I get missing ones or shoul I be using other pieces for the time being, thanks in advance.

If you don’t have Utu, Bloodrain is probably your next best bet. The issue is that Utu is the first grip introduced to sport 30 Acc so the gap is pretty big.

You said you have Regal Ring? That’s a good ring. And Flamma Ring is excellent as long as you have a Flamma +2 with it, Niqmaddu is just a little better is all.

The only gap it sounds like you have is the Grip, everything else is perfectly fine.
By Darkvlade 2018-03-15 12:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Yanda
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-03-15 23:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, stupid question from me. How big a deal is magic defense bonus on hybrid equip? Got the volte legs and trying to see if I should work them in. crazy magic Def and evasion
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-03-16 08:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

MDB? Mehhhh the MDB, not so much but the extra 37 MEva is nice. I’d say that’d be a good Hybrid piece depending on your accuracy needs.

I Normally use a standard TP set but with Souv +1 Body, Pummeler +3 Legs and Feet. So swapping the legs would cost 35 Acc
By ryson 2018-03-19 05:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a stupid question. Career warrior and i honestly think MDB is one of the most overlooked stats in the game especially when most of the time you have a shell V since it takes next to nothing to cap out MDT. Battery in the Ammo slot with double attack is always cool too i think.
By Afania 2018-03-19 06:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »
Alright, stupid question from me. How big a deal is magic defense bonus on hybrid equip? Got the volte legs and trying to see if I should work them in. crazy magic Def and evasion

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
MDB? Mehhhh the MDB, not so much but the extra 37 MEva is nice.

I can be totally wrong since I am not an expert on this matter, but based on my limited knowledge and experience, magic defense bonus always reduce damage taken, and magic evasion only reduce magic damage taken after stacking them to certain amount. If the NM has extremely high macc, then magic evasion may not do much. So Mdef is actually, very nice for survivability.

Case to the point, on melee PW2 run that we did, I would idle in extremely high meva/resist set(with capped MDT- of course) and not noticing much decrease in magic damage taken when Astral flow hit. My damage taken wasn't much lower than next guy sitting in worse idle set.

Then I proceed to switch to high mdef/HP+ boost set I noticed that my AC damage taken decreased by a fair amount, and it became much easier to survive AC on COR.

I am guessing that's because PW2 avatar AC move has very high Macc, resulting high meva fairly useless. And Mdef ended up perform better.

So yeah, IMO, against high level NM, mdef is a great stat for survivability if the NM has magic dmg moves. If the NM has more enfeebling moves then meva is better.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-19 07:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

MEVD vs MDB is about Status Ailment resist vs Damage Reduction. MEVD requires stacking to be useful on dangerous things, which we do with Barspells and such. Problem is that is only meaningful resistance against a specific element, chosen primary to block or reduce a status ailment, and that is where things like MDB step in. Generic unstacked MEVD is useful against anything south of an Omen boss.
[+]
By geigei 2018-03-19 07:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Meva doesn't reduce dmg per se, helps you resist a spell, different tiers of resists, you either resist or don't.
That's why using a low amount of meva does nothing, once you stack a lot and lower nm's macc you'll get low magic dmg (see vex/attun pre nerf)
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-03-19 08:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

@Afania
You are correct, MDB definitely helps but It’s a difference of 3 MDB against the other option. Don’t get me wrong, Every little bit helps but in terms of Damage reduction, it would cut what? 1% ish? Just MDB isn’t a turning point I would focus on for choosing over AF Legs +3 (Which is my normal Hybrid/Standard TP Legs) Was all I was getting at
By Jimmyballsack 2018-03-26 16:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I bug someone for a current, dope Cloudsplitter set? Last I checked it was a mix of Founders, Odyssean and magic accessories. Thanks
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2018-04-17 02:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »
Can I bug someone for a current, dope Cloudsplitter set? Last I checked it was a mix of Founders, Odyssean and magic accessories. Thanks

Yup
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-17 07:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »

Here is mine
Code
{ammo="Knobkierrie",
head="Jumalik helm",
neck="Baetyl pendant",
ear1="Friomisi earring",
ear2="Moonshade earring",
body=MAB_Body,
hands=MAB_Hands,
ring1="Shiva ring +1",
ring2="Acumen ring",
back=STR_Back,
waist="Eschan stone",
legs="Eschite cuisses",
feet="Founder's greaves"}

Code
MAB_Hands = {name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'Accuracy+22','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+25','Accuracy+1 Attack+1','Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18',}}
MAB_Body = {name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Weapon skill damage +4%','Magic burst dmg.+1%','STR+9 DEX+9','Accuracy+19 Attack+19','Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}}

My STR back piece has STR +30 WSD +10 and Acc/Atk +20, technically something with MDMG might be better but it's not a big enough different to justify me bothering with. My hands are some crazy DM augments I got awhile back while hunting for QA+3 valorous mitts, same with the Body. I've been going back and forth about maxed Founders body vs that Valorous one. For rings the SoA reward ones would be the best but I'm not giving up my Weatherspoon +1.
By maxiel 2018-04-18 06:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What is War's best multistep Radiance and how should I approach it because I think I need to open with full TP Upheaval for AM3?

Without Chango, I should be WSing in a Multi-hit set at 1000 tp and with Chango, I should be WSing at ideally 1250 tp with a WSD set right? Would that also apply to King's Justice?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-18 07:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

maxiel said: »
What is War's best multistep Radiance and how should I approach it because I think I need to open with full TP Upheaval for AM3?

Without Chango, I should be WSing in a Multi-hit set at 1000 tp and with Chango, I should be WSing at ideally 1250 tp with a WSD set right? Would that also apply to King's Justice?

Aeonic's don't need you to store to AM3. Both KJ and Upheaval's damage changes post 2K and they go from a MA set to a WSD set. The actual TP you would use depends on if you have Warcry up or not since that's another 700 TP Bonus.

For Radiance, the "best" 5-step is
King's Justice -> Steel Cyclone -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval

The first Upheaval activates the AM effect, the second consumes it to create Radiance.

Now we can replace Steel Cyclone with Full Break in that series, Full Break inflicts far less damage but comes with the benefit of several debuffs one of which being defense down. Also a 5-step is usually extreme, I've been just shortening it to an easy 4-step by cutting off the initial King's Justice.

Full Break -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-04-18 07:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Searched but couldnt find it.

Looking for Full Break set, arguably the most important part is landing the debuffs as long as possible, how is that determined? acc? macc? Any research on this?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-18 08:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just been using my WSD set for it. I haven't seemed to have a problem landing it on anything.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-18 08:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Searched but couldnt find it.

Looking for Full Break set, arguably the most important part is landing the debuffs as long as possible, how is that determined? acc? macc? Any research on this?

Mostly Flamma +2, you want accuracy and magic accuracy. It's damage is never going to be anything special so don't have that be a determining factor.

Code
sets.Break = {
ammo="Pemphredo tathlum",
head="Flamma zucchetto +2",
neck="Sanctity necklace",
ear1="Dignitary's earring",
ear2="Telos earring",
body="Flamma korazin +2",
hands="Flamma manopolas +2",
ring1="Flamma ring",
ring2="Weatherspoon ring +1",
back=STR_Back,waist="Eschan stone",
legs="Flamma dirs +2",
feet="Flamma gambieras +2"}
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-18 12:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A step down from Weatherspoon/+1 is Etana Ring (acc+7 macc+7), since not everyone picked the best ring you could pick from SoA.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-18 12:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For those interested in the longest Radiance, here is the six step variation.

Raging Rush -> Sturmwind -> Steel Cyclone -> Upheaval -> King's Justice -> Upheaval

Gives a 2.0 final light multiplier and 3.25 Radiance multiplier.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-18 13:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Raging Rush-->Ragish Rush is a better Fragmentation
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-18 15:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Raging Rush-->Ragish Rush is a better Fragmentation

Thanks, just checked and the WS list has it's properties reversed. It's listed as Reverberation / Induration which would create an Induration when used in sequence but it's actually Induration / Reverberation so it's actually Fragmentation.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-18 15:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If something's susceptible to Armor Break, then

Armor Break->Steel Cyclone->Upheaval->King's Justice->Upheaval->Upheaval

is probably the better initial 6-step
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 224 225 226