First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2012-12-26 09:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said: »
I'm not scared of guns, i just don't like them. Don't really understand why i should 'appreciate' them <.<
But o well, totally different mindset i guess lol

I don't like Anime. I appreciate the artistry behind the novels(?) Yet there are people that run around in full (insert random anime character here) dress with weapons, fake or real idk. They freak me the fuk out cause idk if they are gonna go all (insert previously named anime character here) on me.

Everyone has their thing but I appreciate that they have a passion for something rather than just work, sleep, nothing.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-12-26 17:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said: »
Jetackuu said: »
but since I don't think the OP saw my question earlier:

why pump over semi-auto shotgun?

just preference or reasons for it?
The sound I guess.. and personal pref.. I love the feel of it.. plus, if someone breaks in and heres that.. it will be a o ***moment for them

I think I'd get a pump for the reason you said, and would love to eventually get a drum fed.

nothing says home defense turret like a 12 gauge with a drum :P
[+]
By daemun 2012-12-26 17:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The sound I guess.. and personal pref.. I love the feel of it.. plus, if someone breaks in and heres that.. it will be a o ***moment for them

I think I'd get a pump for the reason you said, and would love to eventually get a drum fed.

The only drawback to shotgun for home defence is an armed vs. armed scenario. Pistol/Rifle slugs will penetrate walls whereas shotgun beebees will not. If you are caught on the opposite of a wall in the house from an intruder, they can reach you and you cannot reach them. The positive of this, of course, would be no collateral damage to family members in other rooms if defending with a shotgun and traditional cartridges.
By Jetackuu 2012-12-26 17:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough, handgun for backup?

I try to avoid collateral damage though...
 Odin.Morgish
Server: Odin
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-12-26 17:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowe Elrik said: »

The only drawback to shotgun for home defence is an armed vs. armed scenario. Pistol/Rifle slugs will penetrate walls whereas shotgun beebees will not. If you are caught on the opposite of a wall in the house from an intruder, they can reach you and you cannot reach them. The positive of this, of course, would be no collateral damage to family members in other rooms if defending with a shotgun and traditional cartridges.

I carry two types of ammunition for the shotgun 3 inch magnum sabot slugs x5 and 25 traditional buck shot. Obviously i would hope to never need to use the gun if needed but if it came down to it i would.
[+]
By daemun 2012-12-26 17:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough, handgun for backup?

I try to avoid collateral damage though...
Agreed, the grief in hurting/killing a family member during defending said family would be great. That's part of being properly taught about guns, though "always know what's behind your target".

I always thought a shotgun was the best home defence weapon as well, until my Dad's CHL officer talked about a couple of cases of the homeo wner being killed due to wall penetration and being unable to return lethal fire. Discretion is always necessary so I suppose I'd just opt for a handgun with PPE rounds. Still plenty of knockdown, but should stay lethal through sheetrock.
By Jetackuu 2012-12-26 17:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When I build a house, I planned on my exterior walls on being cement, maybe my interior now too. hmm
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-12-26 17:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Walther P22 - I just really enjoy that gun

H&K psg-1 - I love being a sniper and this is my gun of choice (though do to cali regulations i cannot own this so it stays with family out of state)

Beretta 92 FS

H&K SL8-6

and a few other rifles that my dad gave to me and I dont shoot.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-12-26 18:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

M&P 15 Sport
Walther P99c QA .40sw
Mossberg 500 12gauge

Just got the Mossberg 500 this morning.
 Cerberus.Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-12-26 18:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Justicebringer said: »

My Mossberg 500A. I got this one off of a job. The guy didn't have enough money to pay for his new AC and Heater, so we worked out a trade. Ended up with this and a few Go-Karts.

Your stock is awesome.
By Catharsis 2012-12-26 18:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I only hunt young boys my weapon of choice is obvious:
FREE TURTLES!!

Then I slowly fill the tank with water and watch the turtles eat him.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2012-12-26 19:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ your personal firearms. Obama's going to fix that.
 Cerberus.Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-12-26 19:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said: »

Glad you find it funny. People with those guns are the reason we get to live the way we do... Free
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-12-26 19:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Highly doubt that
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-12-26 20:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If it was like last term, when democrats had majority control, I would bet my house that Obama would have tried another executive push through congress like he did with Obamacare. Thank God he can't do that now because of Republican majority.
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2012-12-26 20:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In a letter my grandfather sent to my great grandfather at the close of World War II, my grandfather was more or less advocating the social security act. He didn't so much praise it as he tried to soothe my great grandfathers fear/ hatred of the bill. At one point my great grandfather argued that the principle of the bill is doomed in the long run, that is would become compulsory and that the number associated with the account would essentially become your federal identification number.

My grandfather replied to him with a snarky remark simular to you own sir.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-12-26 20:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In a letter my grandfather sent to my great grandfather at the close of World War II, my grandfather was more or less advocating the social security act. He didn't so much praise it as he tried to soothe my great grandfathers fear/ hatred of the bill. At one point my great grandfather argued that the principle of the bill is doomed in the long run, that is would become compulsory and that the number associated with the account would essentially become your federal identification number.

My grandfather replied to him with a snarky remark simular to you own sir.
Two completely different things
 Cerberus.Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2012-12-26 20:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

...is there supposed to be a point to that?

Love the image tho, explains 50% of Americans. Not the 50% your implying either. I'm talking about the ones who care more about the government allowing us to legally smoke pot when our rights are being stripped away.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-26 20:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't the thread for this discussion. Take it to PMs or make a new thread guys. Politics & Religion seems fitting.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-26 20:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You never know when evil zombies or dogs will attack!
By daemun 2012-12-26 21:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When I build a house, I planned on my exterior walls on being cement, maybe my interior now too. hmm
Awesome idea. Now if you were only extremely wealthy, you could also set up traps for intruders that only family members would have the know-how to survive and/or a universal remote with the ability to entomb/kill them at the touch of a button. One can only dream, as the costs would get outrageous.
By Jetackuu 2012-12-26 21:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome idea. Now if you were only extremely wealthy, you could also set up traps for intruders that only family members would have the know-how to survive and/or a universal remote with the ability to entomb/kill them at the touch of a button. One can only dream, as the costs would get outrageous.

Well 1 I dislike fiberglass insulation, ***can't be healthy.

2. I'm sorry I don't feel safe with 2x4's and some siding+dry wall.

3. I'd like some good thick walls for insulation, to save on heating/cooling costs. Also plan to have a roof (depending on where I live at the time) to be white during the summer, black during the winter, the cheapest way would be to have a roll up tarp on the roof, but probably wouldn't look so great tbh.
By Dantedmc 2012-12-26 21:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Might want to save those for something a little more dangerous!
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-26 21:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Evil zombie dogs!
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-26 21:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Dantedmc said: »

Your right, how thoughtless of me!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-12-26 23:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have many well suited for repatriating redcoats.
 Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-12-26 23:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I would advise anyone to buy as many Saiga 12's as you can get your hands on, they are no longer importable and will drastically increase in value more so than gold in the last decade.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-12-26 23:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dantedmc said: »

What I currently have.
Ruger 10/22, S&W Military and Police 38 Special (It's over 100 years old.), S&W M&P40.

Old Picture (Ruger 10/22 is wearing the Nomad Stock)
Archangel Nomad 10/22 with old school G36 Scope.

What my Ruger 10/22 is now wearing.

Troy T22 Sporter Chassis.

Survived a house fire, water damage and who knows what else in it's 108 years of existence. Probably going to try and polish it up.

Future Carry/Future Duty Piece.
 Bahamut.Megrim
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2012-12-26 23:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

sadly i was sorta expecting something like
this

but on a related topic

got something like this just less chrome
 Carbuncle.Justicebringer
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Justicebringer 2012-12-27 00:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well 1 I dislike fiberglass insulation, ***can't be healthy.

2. I'm sorry I don't feel safe with 2x4's and some siding+dry wall.

3. I'd like some good thick walls for insulation, to save on heating/cooling costs. Also plan to have a roof (depending on where I live at the time) to be white during the summer, black during the winter, the cheapest way would be to have a roll up tarp on the roof, but probably wouldn't look so great tbh.
Interior walls being cement wouldn't be suited for insulation. If you've ever seen inside Airport ATC Towers, they have cement walls and still have to be insulated with fiberglass boards. Then again, one can argue on the location of your home. To be honest, I'm not too sure what material would be bulletproof and still insulate a home, might be something worth looking into.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11