(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 204 205
By SimonSes 2021-08-24 03:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I think fighting Sov. Behemoth without meva is just asking for rough time. There will be crazy amount of stuns from Enstun + Thunderbolt. I would probably even go for meva + counter build on DRK for this fight, but for this you indeed need all the new available gear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-24 10:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know that you can reliably resist stuns from Behemoth even with large amounts of meva. They set those Unity Monsters with so much magical accuracy that its very tough to resist their debuffs through just gear. I recall stuns still getting through vs Behemoth when I was on SAM using Kena+1/Nyame, and the Geo entrusted Attunement at least once (and we had Barthundra). In fact, I have never resisted Thunderbolt from Sov Behemoth before, that I can recall. I also remember fighting the weakest Unity monster Lumber Jill, and even with FULL magic evasion set, I was not able to resist Petrify once in dozens of casts, but Koru's native Resist Petrify trait procced constantly over a lot of fights.

Perhaps it helps a lot more with partial resists than it does with full resists. I never really paid attention to the Stun duration.
By Starbucks 2021-08-24 10:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard meva doesn't make you resist the aoe stun in Ramuh Bcnm but it reduces time you are stunned (i.e. partially resist)
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2021-08-24 10:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You definitely can. I haven't fought Sov Behemoth on DRK, but I've done a lot on WHM, and stacking magic evasion + Barthundra makes a massive difference. Fully resisted about 3 out of every 4 stuns with Inyanga gear, I suspect Sakpata would give similar results (again, assuming Barthundra is up).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-24 10:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatars are another class of bestiary that have absurdly high magic evasion/accuracy. Especially the ones from HTBF. Though as Rune Fencer main, I resisted his Shock Spikes stun effect a significant amount more than the DDs in my group. So perhaps there are forms of stun that can be resisted and others than cannot. Enstun from Sovereign Behemoth might be resistible entirely (idk how you would test that), but as I personally experienced, I was never able to resist Thundershock from him once. But other versions of KB (like Odyssey one) is very easy to resist.

Edit @ Pergatory: Oh ok. Well maybe I was caught in a wrong set a lot of times. But I will check it out next time I farm him.
By SimonSes 2021-08-24 11:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I would probably go /run and put earth runes up and summon Karaha-Baruha for barthundra. Even partial resist would make huge difference imo. I can't imagine this fight solo without any resists.
[+]
By Taint 2021-08-24 13:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You need some sort of elemental resist in your gear set to get the full use of MEVA. A spammy fight like Sov.Behe would highlight the added necessity of resist stats beyond MEVA.

The same reason PLDs use carrier's sash in MEVA tanking sets.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-24 14:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Starbucks said: »
I heard meva doesn't make you resist the aoe stun in Ramuh Bcnm but it reduces time you are stunned (i.e. partially resist)

See it's weird, I tested this out on the Reisenejima Tier 1 Bugard and even Golden Kist.

The spell stun would always land, but the duration would be super short.

While the Job Ability/TP Moved Based stun moved would resist completely.
By SimonSes 2021-08-24 15:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Stun spell might have way higher magic accuracy than tp move based stun. Also I think you need positive thunder resist to unlock 1/8 full resist on stun spell. Maybe TP based stun on those NMs can be fully resisted with just 1/4 resist.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-09-01 11:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a decent Fell Cleave WS set they can share? Doing Ody as Cor the other day I came across a Drk using Fell Cleave, the DPS was very nice having an Pld tank who did not loose hate. something I would like to work on to add to my Drk arsenal.
By SimonSes 2021-09-01 12:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
Anyone have a decent Fell Cleave WS set they can share? Doing Ody as Cor the other day I came across a Drk using Fell Cleave, the DPS was very nice having an Pld tank who did not loose hate. something I would like to work on to add to my Drk arsenal.

Aoe doesn't work in Odyssey. They are nerfed by like 90%+ on anything other than main target.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2021-09-01 12:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odd, he was using AOE and Great Axe, topped out the Drg. Just made me want to give it a try. O.o

Either way, if anyone can share set they use for Great Axe, much appreciated.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-01 12:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if you were going that route, doing 20k mainmob and 2k to 20 mobs is more deeps than doing single target ws's

It would matter how many mobs that pld was holding.
By SimonSes 2021-09-01 12:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Well, if you were going that route, doing 20k mainmob and 2k to 20 mobs is more deeps than doing single target ws's

Fell Cleave has very low range, unless you make 3000TP and cut is that big. Also it might look good on parse but would be very impractical, all that damage to other mobs would probably means nothing, because someone else would fight them and one shot or 2 shot them anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-01 12:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If the mobs are pulled well and stacked up then the range is zero

(and lycurgos has that tp bonus effect, and overtp, and moonshade etc)
By SimonSes 2021-09-01 12:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If the mobs are pulled well and stacked up then the range is zero

You would need to stack them using wall, it takes time to position them, which is bad in Odyssey. Also again that damage is only good on parse (same as Savage Blade 2shoting mobs with 2x 50k when mob has 60k hp). There is a reason you dont use BLU spamming 30k AoE spells.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-01 12:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, like the post said
Well, if you were going that route

It doesn't have to be the best way, to be a way.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-01 12:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Fell Cleave has very low range, unless you make 3000TP and cut is that big. Also it might look good on parse but would be very impractical, all that damage to other mobs would probably means nothing, because someone else would fight them and one shot or 2 shot them anyway.

Exactly. Without a doubt the safest way to kill Nostos mobs in there is either TP->1 WS killshot, with a close 2nd place to a 2-step chain where step #1 keeps the mob above 50%, and 2nd WS/SC kills- both examples without the target getting a TP move off.

I love parses. But just like someone can not show the scale on a graph to try and prove a point the graph never implied, parses can be twisted. That extra 2k on 6-9 mobs might parse as an extra 12k-18k every WS, but what is it really doing? Probably nothing, and possibly muck up someone else's target so it gets a TP move off it wouldn't have if the cleaver had just behaved.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-01 13:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

For what its worth this is my set, but rarely use it if ever.
Code
    sets.precast.WS['Fell Cleave'] = { ammo="Knobkierrie",
    head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: B',}},
    body="Ignominy Cuirass +3",
    hands={ name="Nyame Gauntlets", augments={'Path: B',}},
    legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
    feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
    neck="Abyssal Beads +2",
    waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Thrud Earring",
    right_ear="Moonshade earring",
    left_ring="Karieyh Ring +1",
    right_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}
[+]
 Siren.Kyten
Server: Siren
user: Kyten
By Siren.Kyten 2021-09-23 23:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an up to date subtle blow set for great sword?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-09-24 02:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 381901
with rank 13 sakpata feet for the last 7 subtle blow combined with Auspice. Could also easily use Dignitary earring for 5 of that subtle blow with minimal dps loss if you aren't up to ranking your sakpata feet up a bit.

You'll find many similar sets in odyssey section as its a common strat for Mboze.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2021-10-25 08:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a good Drk Lua? Tried using the one on the dps page but I’ve had issues with it since I think he uses another Lua or something for all of his auger gear. I tried taking out the line for the auged gear but it still wasn’t working. Thanks!
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-10-25 11:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just try Selindrile luas. All the installation process is wrote in the read me section
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-10-25 15:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

what Yiazmaat suggested
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-10-25 15:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyten said: »

Relic+3 feet are really a very good option to consider for "Last Resort Up" time if doing a subtle blow build. Yes, there's a dps loss in a slot-to-slot comparison to other feet, but 15 Subtle Blow 85% of the time you're engaged does free up other slots, which as a whole picture can result in overall improvements.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-25 16:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Relic+3 feet are really a very good option to consider for "Last Resort Up" time if doing a subtle blow build. Yes, there's a dps loss in a slot-to-slot comparison to other feet, but 15 Subtle Blow 85% of the time you're engaged does free up other slots, which as a whole picture can result in overall improvements.
Really only good if you don't have auspice up, as it is so easy to cap with it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-10-25 16:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Really only good if you don't have auspice up, as it is so easy to cap with it.

we don't bring a WHM to our Mboze, and that's really the fight where I need a SB build on DRK the most these days. As such, the math I'm working with doesn't include Allspice.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-25 16:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Using this for no Auspice (With GS)
Code
sets.engaged.SB ={  Ammo="Seeth. Bomblet +1",
    head={ name="Sakpata's Helm", augments={'Path: A',}},
    body="Dagon Breast.",
    hands={ name="Sakpata's Gauntlets", augments={'Path: A',}},
    legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
    feet={ name="Sakpata's Leggings", augments={'Path: A',}},
    neck="Bathy Choker +1",
    waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
    left_ear="Digni. Earring",
    right_ear="Balder Earring +1",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

Swap in relic feet when LR is up, If capping magic haste as well use Sarissapho. Belt and keep Sakpata feet on
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-25 16:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

R20 Sakpata feet have 10 SB, don't need LR up, and are superior in nearly every other way, so if you can make up the 5 elsewhere that's a better pick.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-25 16:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh should say I use Sarissapho. Belt when LR and capped magic haste, only use relic feet if not capping magic haste
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 204 205